• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

A few questions about Axis Magnus Credit Card

Hello All,
I recently received Axis Magnus credit card. Just a few questions -

1. Gyftr Axis Edge seems too good to be true. Gift Cards like Myntra and many more are available at 10x reward points. So does that mean we get 60 points on every 100 Rs. Spent? If we change them into miles, we get an approx. 50 miles for every 100 Rs. Am I correct in my understanding? (this is not including the milestone benefit)
2. I will be travelling abroad soon and will have to make a few big transactions. Is it wise to use Magnus for international POS transactions outside India?(for the milestone benefit)
3. Can we trust Axis? I also have Infinia and they have always sincerely credited points. Is Axis the same? Can we make huge purchases trusting that after 4 months the bonus RPs will be credited? What has been everyone's experience?
Apologies, if these have been answered before!

Hey.Manan

TF Buzz
Hello TF Community- Over last 1 month or so I have accumulated ~5000 ER points (Not all are credited so far) on Magnus Card, can some experts tell me the best way to burn them? Thanks

Reward Hunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Mum- chennai ticket is 3800-4000 miles is showing 11500

Mumbai - Bangkok is 11500-12000, miles showing 25000

The above is June end

Vistara miles check before transfer, value is 0.20/.30 paise

shameempkahammed

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Ok. so what do you think is the decent point level to burn the points? And is the Airline Transfer the best way?
Hotel or airline transfer is best depending on your needs. Transferred my points to Qatar airways avios last month. Booked a ticket worth ~50k (BLR-DOH) (booked one day before) for 17500 avios + ~5000 tax. Conversion rate 5:4

kalratush

TF Buzz
this seems to good to be true! are you sure bro?
this seems to good to be true! are you sure bro?
Made a similar transaction last month. Transferred to Qatar, booked a business class ticket worth 3L FRA-HKT via Doha for about 75000 Avios. Airline transfer is generally the best value, when the award space is available which is not always the case

shameempkahammed

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
The value u get is heavily dependent on how hard you try for getting discount on cash booking.

Skyscanner price is around 15-16K. I would guess better rates if i apply card discounts or supercoins etc.

So, for u it is giving 3 rs value, but for me, same transaction will give 0.5-0.6rs value.
My booking was just 30hr before departure and i wanted a direct flight. So this was the best bet. Normally I check skyscanner first and then try card discount + vouchers