• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

A few questions about Axis Magnus Credit Card

Hello All,
I recently received Axis Magnus credit card. Just a few questions -

1. Gyftr Axis Edge seems too good to be true. Gift Cards like Myntra and many more are available at 10x reward points. So does that mean we get 60 points on every 100 Rs. Spent? If we change them into miles, we get an approx. 50 miles for every 100 Rs. Am I correct in my understanding? (this is not including the milestone benefit)
2. I will be travelling abroad soon and will have to make a few big transactions. Is it wise to use Magnus for international POS transactions outside India?(for the milestone benefit)
3. Can we trust Axis? I also have Infinia and they have always sincerely credited points. Is Axis the same? Can we make huge purchases trusting that after 4 months the bonus RPs will be credited? What has been everyone's experience?
Apologies, if these have been answered before!

We get points for every 200 spent, so it will be 120 for every 200 spent. They convert to miles in the ratio of 5:4 so 96 miles, excluding the milestone benefit.
Grabdeals are a hit and miss at times but otherwise Axis is reliable when it comes to crediting miles.
Thanks for the reply.
And axis is reliable at crediting milestone
benefits and accelerated RPs after 4 months?

sidart

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hello All,

1. Gyftr Axis Edge seems too good to be true. Gift Cards like Myntra and many more are available at 10x reward points. So does that mean we get 60 points on every 100 Rs. Spent? If we change them into miles, we get an approx. 50 miles for every 100 Rs. Am I correct in my understanding? (this is not including the milestone benefit)
2. I will be travelling abroad soon and will have to make a few big transactions. Is it wise to use Magnus for international POS transactions outside India?(for the milestone benefit)
3. Can we trust Axis? I also have Infinia and they have always sincerely credited points. Is Axis the same? Can we make huge purchases trusting that after 4 months the bonus RPs will be credited? What has been everyone's experience?
1. Yes. Your logic is correct. Points are given in multiple of 200/- spent. The transfer ratio is 5:4.
2. For International travel both Infinia and Magnus would be on par. The forex mark up being the same 2%.
3. Yes. Significant banks can be trusted till they are honoring it on paper.

Grabdeals/Smartbuy or any affiliate links should always be taken with a pinch of salt.
Axis does test your patience in crediting of the point thou Milestone is the cherry on the cake.

QUIKSILVER27

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello All,

2. If you can cross the milestone in transactions abroad then the milestone and regular reward points more than compensate for the forex charges. No other card can beat this as long as points are converted to miles.

Just an example (purely from my point of view) how i value 1 lakh spent abroad -

For 1 lakh spent abroad you will get 100000*12/200=6000 points
Milestone 25000 points
total 31000 points @ 5:4 = 24800 Miles. Even if miles are valued @70ps per mile (for eg vistara) (based on my previous redemptions)
24800* 0.70 = Rs17360
Forex charges on 1 lakh comes to 100000*2.18% = 2180

Net gain comes to 17360-2180=15180

which comes to a return of 15.18% which is unbeatable as of now.

1. Yes. Your logic is correct. Points are given in multiple of 200/- spent. The transfer ratio is 5:4.
2. For International travel both Infinia and Magnus would be on par. The forex mark up being the same 2%.
3. Yes. Significant banks can be trusted till they are honoring it on paper.

Grabdeals/Smartbuy or any affiliate links should always be taken with a pinch of salt.
Axis does test your patience in crediting of the point thou Milestone is the cherry on the cak
Thank you for the reply.
Are international POS transactions counted/considered for milestone benefits in Magnus?

2. If you can cross the milestone in transactions abroad then the milestone and regular reward points more than compensate for the forex charges. No other card can beat this as long as points are converted to miles.

Just an example (purely from my point of view) how i value 1 lakh spent abroad -

Milestone 25000 points
total 31000 points @ 5:4 = 24800 Miles. Even if miles are valued @70ps per mile (for eg vistara)
24800* 0.70 = Rs17360

Thank you for the detailed explanation.
Truly the returns on this are unbelievable.
Btw what is the general rupee value of an airmile? Average on say Singapore airline or qatar airways?(these are the two i will be using)

QUIKSILVER27

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Btw what is the general rupee value of an airmile? Average on say Singapore airline or qatar airways?(these are the two i will be using)
Singapore airlines depends on your redemption availability-
For eg in Singapore to Mumbai route i got per person economy saver @20000 miles plus taxes Rs 3820
Revenue ticket for the same was Rs 25000. So you can get more than 1 Rs in this case per mile. Only condition is economy saver award seats have to be taken atleast a couple of months prior.
Incase you dont get economy saver then next option is economy advantage which is 37000 miles plus taxes for the same route. Here the value drops quite a bit.

Milestone 25000 points
total 31000 points @ 5:4 = 24800 Miles. Even if miles are valued @70ps per mile (for eg vistara)
24800* 0.70 = Rs17360

Btw what is the general rupee value of an airmile? Average on say Singapore airline or qatar airways?(these are the two i will be using
Singapore airlines depends on your redemption availability-
For eg in Singapore to Mumbai route i got per person economy saver @20000 miles plus taxes Rs 3820
Revenue ticket for the same was Rs 25000. So you can get more than 1 Rs in this case per mile. Only condition is economy saver award seats have to be taken atleast a couple of months prior.
Incase you dont get economy saver then next option is economy advantage which is 37000 miles plus taxes for the same route. Here the value drops quite a bit.
From what i have heard, we get a lot of value for an airmile if we book business class tickets...is that true?

QUIKSILVER27

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Btw what is the general rupee value of an airmile? Average on say Singapore airline or qatar airways?(these are the two i will be using

From what i have heard, we get a lot of value for an airmile if we book business class tickets...is that true?
Yes business class redemption definitely gives the most value per point vs revenue business class ticket.

Have attached both Redemption and Revenue seat comparisons below -

Rs 158000 for revenue business class seat and 43000-65000 miles for business class award seat

Attachments

• REDEMPTION SEAT.png
    REDEMPTION SEAT.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 124
  • REVENUE PRICE.png
    REVENUE PRICE.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 125
Yes business class redemption definitely gives the most value per point vs revenue business class ticket.

Have attached both Redemption and Revenue seat comparisons below -

Rs 158000 for revenue business class seat and 43000-65000 miles for business class award seat
This is pretty amazing.
Theoretically - if we buy 10x RP vouchers from gyftr edge rewards portal portal worth 1 lakh(is this allowed?) in a calendar month - we can get 60000(accelerated RP)+31000(milestone RP) = 91000 RP. Is this true? or am i miscalculating something?!

kushhh

TF Ace
One off topic query -
I applied for Scb Smart card, an agent from Scb called me to get Tan number..

I never needed it in any application for any credit card...
So should I give him? And where can I get that tan number

QUIKSILVER27

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This is pretty amazing.
Theoretically - if we buy 10x RP vouchers from gyftr edge rewards portal portal worth 1 lakh(is this allowed?) in a calendar month - we can get 60000(accelerated RP)+31000(milestone RP) = 91000 RP. Is this true? or am i miscalculating something?!
Yes.. Theoretically its possible.. if entire 1 lakh is spent on 10x Gyftr - 100000*12/200= 6000 1x regular points + 9x points 6000*9=54000 points +25000 milestone Totals to 85000 points which converts to 68000 miles

saucy

TF Ace
Yes.. Theoretically its possible.. if entire 1 lakh is spent on 10x Gyftr - 100000*12/200= 6000 1x regular points + 9x points 6000*9=54000 points +25000 milestone Totals to 85000 points which converts to 68000 miles
So, buy 1L worth coupons,
Get the mile points - and buy mum-singapore tickets that way.
So essentially 1L gives 2.5L worth value!?!?!?!?

QUIKSILVER27

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So, buy 1L worth coupons,
Get the mile points - and buy mum-singapore tickets that way.
So essentially 1L gives 2.5L worth value!?!?!?!?
If you can manage to use 1 lakh worth of vouchers available in the 10x category then yes you will get 68000 kris flyer miles for the 1 lakh spent. Not sure how you converted the 68000 miles into 2.5 lakh worth value

I am aware that there are some restrictions on the amount of vouchers we can buy for brands like Apay, Amazon Shopping Voucher, Flipkart, etc. But is there an overall cap on the total amount of vouchers we can buy from axis gyftr in a calendar month?

QUIKSILVER27

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am aware that there are some restrictions on the amount of vouchers we can buy for brands like Apay, Amazon Shopping Voucher, Flipkart, etc. But is there an overall cap on the total amount of vouchers we can buy from axis gyftr in a calendar month?
there was a brief cap from gyftr depending on age of gyftr account sometime during this month but as of now they removed all the caps on overall monthly purchase limit .. there are many posts on the gyftr caps in earlier threads..