• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Experience with SBI Rupay-JCB Debit Card

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
As my SBI MC Platinum card was close to expiry, I felt the need to look for a better card. Aftet reading @Abhishek012's post regarding SBI Rupay-JCB DC and the features it was offering, decided to go for it.

SBI Rupay-JCB card cannot be applied online, so had to visit the branch for it. So, I made visit to this branch for the first time. The branch looked like it was older than me. I felt I was back in the 80s. The branch belonged to State Bank of Patiala before its merger with SBI.

The overall process was smooth. The staff were polite. Things have started to improve lately in public sector banks. Even though in the first attempt, they sent me Rupay Platinum, they admitted their fault and helped me get the right card this time.

Got the card after 5 days delivered by India Post. The design is average though.

Got it primarily due to zero forex charges.

IMG_20230825_135549.jpg

Anupama_Jha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Received this card today. Applied it a week back at branch. I simply gave them the code RPJ and they applied the card for me without any fuss
Hi bro, I too have visited my branch today, and gave them all three codes for any Rupay Platinum DC, i.e. REP, RPJ and IRP. But none if them got approved saying "Card not issued to customer"
As my SBI MC Platinum card was close to expiry, I felt the need to look for a better card. Aftet reading @Abhishek012's post regarding SBI Rupay-JCB DC and the features it was offering, decided to go for it.

SBI Rupay-JCB card cannot be applied online, so had to visit the branch for it. So, I made visit to this branch for the first time. The branch looked like it was older than me. I felt I was back in the 80s. The branch belonged to State Bank of Patiala before its merger with SBI.

The overall process was smooth. The staff were polite. Things have started to improve lately in public sector banks. Even though in the first attempt, they sent me Rupay Platinum, they admitted their fault and helped me get the right card this time.

Got the card after 5 days delivered by India Post. The design is average though.

Got it primarily due to zero forex charges.

IMG_20230825_135549.jpg

I am currently maintained about 60k.
My a/c code is - SBCHQ-GEN-PUB-IND-RURAL-
INR

Can you pls share ur ac type, and how much balance have you been maintaining ?

@SSV @Walter White @Abhishek012

Attachments

• IMG_20240514_181101.jpg
    IMG_20240514_181101.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 9
Hi bro, I too have visited my branch today, and gave them all three codes for any Rupay Platinum DC, i.e. REP, RPJ and IRP. But none if them got approved saying "Card not issued to customer"

I am currently maintained about 60k.
My a/c code is - SBCHQ-GEN-PUB-IND-RURAL-
INR

Can you pls share ur ac type, and how much balance have you been maintaining ?

@SSV @Walter White @Abhishek012
Bro how many months are u maintaining 60k and
U will receive the statement from sbi check the status of segment my segment is silver check ur statement which segment in your account
I think with gold and higher segment account holders will get this card
And any body have a jcb card then please check your statement and tell us your segment?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240514_182420_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240514_182420_OneDrive.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 7

Anupama_Jha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Bro how many months are u maintaining 60k and
U will receive the statement from sbi check the status of segment my segment is silver check ur statement which segment in your account
I think with gold and higher segment account holders will get this card
And any body have a jcb card then please check your statement and tell us your segment?
Mine account is also silver 🥈

I complaint in morning today, and got a call to visit branch. BM told me to come on 16th May, and he will try his best to get any of the Rupay Platinum DC

Mine account is also silver 🥈

I complaint in morning today, and got a call to visit branch. BM told me to come on 16th May, and he will try his best to get any of the Rupay Platinum DC
Only jcb platinum rupay is better in sbi I have already Indian oil rupay card
U can apply for Indian oil rupay card code IRP with out any problem from bank

Last edited:

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Only jcb platinum rupay is better in sbi I have already Indian rupay card
U can apply for Indian oil rupay card code IRP with out any problem from bank
Some users told, if you already have RuPay JCB Platinum card or Platinum Indianoil RuPay card then you cant apply other variant.

Solution - first permanently blocked/hotlist your existing card, also block from branch side and then successfully applied without any issue.

This info is shared by @anonymuos

Here solution - How to change SBI RuPay JCB Platinum to IndianOIL RuPay Platinum debit card -

He told me full story -

Yes submitted the form on Thursday if I remember correctly. It didn't issue correctly at first despite hotlisting JCB from Yono. The staff lady tried to issue IOCL many times earlier and failed. She also had no idea. Then she told me something I didn't know and said maybe she could try that as a last resort.

Even after hotlisting a card from our end, it's only temporarily blocked in SBI's system unless the staff puts a "Permanently blocked" mark on it. If the system now has a 1-RuPay card limitation, she may have to permanently hotlist JCB first. I told her "Go ahead, try that". She tried and it worked. Yesterday it started showing finally as "Request accepted" for IOCL. Numerous earlier attempts by SBI staff when 1st RuPay card existed were failing to get 2nd RuPay issued by the system.

@Anupama_Jha

Some users told, if you already have RuPay JCB Platinum card or Platinum Indianoil RuPay card then you cant apply other variant.

Solution - first permanently blocked/hotlist your existing card, also block from branch side and then successfully applied without any issue.

Here solution - How to change SBI RuPay JCB Platinum to IndianOIL RuPay Platinum debit card -

He told me full story -

Yes submitted the form on Thursday if I remember correctly. It didn't issue correctly at first despite hotlisting JCB from Yono. The staff lady tried to issue IOCL many times earlier and failed. She also had no idea. Then she told me something I didn't know and said maybe she could try that as a last resort.

Even after hotlisting a card from our end, it's only temporarily blocked in SBI's system unless the staff puts a "Permanently blocked" mark on it. If the system now has a 1-RuPay card limitation, she may have to permanently hotlist JCB first. I told her "Go ahead, try that". She tried and it worked. Yesterday it started showing finally as "Request accepted" for IOCL. Numerous earlier attempts by SBI staff when 1st RuPay card existed were failing to get 2nd RuPay issued by the system.

@Anupama_Jha
I opened normal account in march i asked BM I want jcb rupay card he said come after one week like that then After a week I went to branch and asked for jcb card they taken a request 3 times in a month but system showing invalid account type like this then I waited some days and finally they applied iocl card iocl card received successfully

Last edited:

Anupama_Jha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

He told me full story -

@Anupama_Jha
They again have issued rupay global DC, should I close that again

Anupama_Jha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have all card codes details. 🤣🤣
Bro, can you share some more codes for Rupay Platinum as while putting REP code, the description says "Rupay Global Platinum NRO" and after that, card type can't be issued to customer. Same goes for RPJ also.

What can be the issue? I am even fulfilling the 50k amb criteria. Savings account code is SBCHQ-GEN-PUB-INR-RURAL

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Bro, can you share some more codes for Rupay Platinum as while putting REP code, the description says "Rupay Global Platinum NRO" and after that, card type can't be issued to customer. Same goes for RPJ also.

What can be the issue? I am even fulfilling the 50k amb criteria. Savings account code is SBCHQ-GEN-PUB-INR-RURAL
First block your all existing debit cards and try, block from bank branch side too.

Already shared all info in my comment.

He told me full story -

@Anupama_Jha

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
I opened normal account in march i asked BM I want jcb rupay card he said come after one week like that then After a week I went to branch and asked for jcb card they taken a request 3 times in a month but system showing invalid account type like this then I waited some days and finally they applied iocl card iocl card received successfully
This is the name showing on their computer for RuPay JCB Platinum Debit Card -"SBI RuPay International Debit Card" and card code - RPJ

@Anupama_Jha