• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Forex Transaction Experience with SBI Rupay-JCB Debit Card: One of the best DCs for forex spends?

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
For international transactions, Diners Black has always been my preferred card. Thanks to the fact the website did not accept Diners and I did not want to use AU Zenith which would have been a break even case, I decided to go with SBI Rupay-JCB Debit card because of zero forex markup.

Total amount: USD 153.75

Amount in INR (spot rate): 12,788 @ 83.17
Amount in INR (deducted): 12,795 @ 83.21
Amount in INR (Visa Rate): 12,804 @ 83.27

Overall found JCB conversion rates to be competitive.

@Abhishek012 khush hoge aap ki US ki sites pe bhi Rupay cards chal rhe hai 😜

Last edited:

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Oh okay how many months I have to maintain th 50k in account to get this card?
I think atleast 3 months.

Also note - 99.99% SBI employees dnt know about this info.

Some branches maybe ask you to maintain 1 lakhs, 2 lakhs or even 5 lakhs to get this card.

But all are wrong info, If this happens then you can complain against your SBI branch employees or bank manager.

Contact through SBI twitter handle, SBI will give you 50k QAB details info.

After complain, SBI bank manager will give you VIP treatment + will also offer you a tea and of course you will get the JCB variant card.

telescope

TF Ace
I think atleast 3 months.

Also note - 99.99% SBI employees dnt know about this info.

Some branches maybe ask you to maintain 1 lakhs, 2 lakhs or even 5 lakhs to get this card.

But all are wrong info, If this happens then you can complain against your SBI branch employees or bank manager.

Contact through SBI twitter handle, SBI will give you 50k QAB details info.

After complain, SBI bank manager will give you VIP treatment + will also offer you a tea and of course you will get the JCB variant card.
Maybe that's why I was denied. My balance was less than 50k.

You mean if employee wishes, then can issue this JCB dc with less than 50k balance right?