• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Experience with SBI Rupay-JCB Debit Card

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
As my SBI MC Platinum card was close to expiry, I felt the need to look for a better card. Aftet reading @Abhishek012's post regarding SBI Rupay-JCB DC and the features it was offering, decided to go for it.

SBI Rupay-JCB card cannot be applied online, so had to visit the branch for it. So, I made visit to this branch for the first time. The branch looked like it was older than me. I felt I was back in the 80s. The branch belonged to State Bank of Patiala before its merger with SBI.

The overall process was smooth. The staff were polite. Things have started to improve lately in public sector banks. Even though in the first attempt, they sent me Rupay Platinum, they admitted their fault and helped me get the right card this time.

Got the card after 5 days delivered by India Post. The design is average though.

Got it primarily due to zero forex charges.

IMG_20230825_135549.jpg

Segment ? You mean account type.
Segments will change as per balance u maintained in the account see screenshot if balance above 100000 AQB means your segment will change to diamond then u have a limit of ATM is 100000 as per sbi official then only RuPay jcb platinum debit card will approve from bank side I think so maintaining higher balance means 1L to 2L for 3 months then we will get this card or if segment will change to gold or diamond or Platinum then approvals of this card is too easy

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240514_232025_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240514_232025_Chrome.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20240514_232036_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240514_232036_Chrome.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 6

Anupama_Jha

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Segments will change as per balance u maintained in the account see screenshot if balance above 100000 AQB means your segment will change to diamond then u have a limit of ATM is 100000 as per sbi official then only RuPay jcb platinum debit card will approve from bank side I think so maintaining higher balance means 1L to 2L for 3 months then we will get this card or if segment will change to gold or diamond or Platinum then approvals of this card is too easy
Segments are reviewed on yearly basis not monthly. Lol 😆, who will maintain 1L-2L just to get that trash card.

• Haha
Reactions: SSV

zomato

TF Premier
my variant shows diamond but I have not maintained a single rupee from couple of month will my request get rejected for the jcb card? they already deducted 300+gst.

Anupama_Jha

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Update: Yess this info is 💯 true. I spent almost whole 2 days meeting with 4 different SBI BM and talked with 5 different call centre guys, read all threads related to same issue and finally have concluded that.....

Either you should maintain 1L continuously from last 3 months, or your customer segment should be Diamond/Platinum.

*Maybe gold also, for Rupay Platinum (REP) or Rupay Platinum JCB (RPJ)

But you can get IOCL Rupay Platinum (IRP) in silver segment also, as confirmed by @Odugu Narasimha Rao