• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Experience with SBI Rupay-JCB Debit Card

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
As my SBI MC Platinum card was close to expiry, I felt the need to look for a better card. Aftet reading @Abhishek012's post regarding SBI Rupay-JCB DC and the features it was offering, decided to go for it.

SBI Rupay-JCB card cannot be applied online, so had to visit the branch for it. So, I made visit to this branch for the first time. The branch looked like it was older than me. I felt I was back in the 80s. The branch belonged to State Bank of Patiala before its merger with SBI.

The overall process was smooth. The staff were polite. Things have started to improve lately in public sector banks. Even though in the first attempt, they sent me Rupay Platinum, they admitted their fault and helped me get the right card this time.

Got the card after 5 days delivered by India Post. The design is average though.

Got it primarily due to zero forex charges.

IMG_20230825_135549.jpg

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
As my SBI MC Platinum card was close to expiry, I felt the need to look for a better card. Aftet reading @Abhishek012's post regarding SBI Rupay-JCB DC and the features it was offering, decided to go for it.

SBI Rupay-JCB card cannot be applied online, so had to visit the branch for it. So, I made visit to this branch for the first time. The branch looked like it was older than me. I felt I was back in the 80s. The branch belonged to State Bank of Patiala before its merger with SBI.

The overall process was smooth. The staff were polite. Things have started to improve lately in public sector banks. Even though in the first attempt, they sent me Rupay Platinum, they admitted their fault and helped me get the right card this time.

Got the card after 5 days delivered by India Post. The design is average though.

Got it primarily due to zero forex charges.

IMG_20230825_135549.jpg
Others feature apart from zero forex my card is also for renewal and charges

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Others feature apart from zero forex my card is also for renewal and charges
Recharge/Utility bill pay offer on Amazon - 20% upto 100 per RuPay Platinum debit card per month, you can also use multiple cards on Amazon (Also combined with Amazon gv).

swiggy offer - 20% upto 100 per card per month, you can also use multiple cards on Swiggy.

SBI also issue add-on SBI RuPay-JCB Platinum Debit Cards -

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
@Abhishek012 bhai yeh bhi NCMC card hai na?
Well, ek bande ne same ques pucha tha, maine usko NO bol diya tha.

Baad me mujhe pata chala, SBI ka ek aur RuPay debit card pe 'NCMC' ya "Debit + Prepaid" likha nahi tha but phir bhi NCMC me kam kar gaya.

Ab mai us bande ko pichle 1 month se dhund raha hu 🔦 🔦jisko No reply kar diya tha. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Halaki ki mujhe nahi pata NCMC card hai ki nahi yeh JCB variant but jab dusra ek SBI RuPay debit card pe kam kar gaya toh shayad isme bhi kar jaye.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Well, ek bande ne same ques pucha tha, maine usko NO bol diya tha.

Baad me mujhe pata chala, SBI ka ek aur RuPay debit card pe 'NCMC' ya "Debit + Prepaid" likha nahi tha but phir bhi NCMC me kam kar gaya.

Ab mai us bande ko pichle 1 month se dhund raha hu 🔦 🔦jisko No reply kar diya tha. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Halaki ki mujhe nahi pata NCMC card hai ki nahi yeh JCB variant but jab dusra ek SBI RuPay debit card pe kam kar gaya toh shayad isme bhi kar jaye.
BoB wale card pe bhi nhi mentioned hai phir bhi chal jaata hai.

gowthamv

TF Premier
Which of these services are available/unavailable for SBI Rupay Platinum JCB cards?

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Which of these services are available/unavailable for SBI Rupay Platinum JCB cards?
SBI RuPay Platinum JCB cards -

JCB PLAZA (In-city lounge access) and Japan, Hawaii JCB Platinum Airport Lounge Service is Available (JCB Platinum card members: Free usage up to 6 times during the service period).

JCB offers LoungeKey™ service is not available for SBI RuPay Platinum JCB cards.

Source - https://www.in.jcb/en-in/consumers/platinum/airport-lounge/?link_id=in_top1

All other JCB services available.

Japan and Hawaii JCB Platinum Airport Lounge Service -

Japan

Hokkaido, Tohoku
Kanto
Chubu, Hokuriku
Kinki
Chugoku, Shikoku
Kyusyu, Okinawa
Hawaii

Daniel K. Inouye International Airport

Note - This information is current as of April 2023. The services may change or be terminated without prior notice.

Reaper

TF Select
@Abhishek012 Do we still need to create a Loungekey account to access DOMESTIC Airport Lounges or is it only for accessing International airports?

Reaper

TF Select
For SBI Rupay JCB DC, all lounge access are disabled I guess. (Based on previous answers)
Seriously :cautious:
Can you please share the link, I chose this due to 0 forex charge. Also, the "EPR" code seems to have been discontinued. At the time of my application, it showed up in the system but gave an error while requesting.