• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Experience with SBI Rupay-JCB Debit Card

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
As my SBI MC Platinum card was close to expiry, I felt the need to look for a better card. Aftet reading @Abhishek012's post regarding SBI Rupay-JCB DC and the features it was offering, decided to go for it.

SBI Rupay-JCB card cannot be applied online, so had to visit the branch for it. So, I made visit to this branch for the first time. The branch looked like it was older than me. I felt I was back in the 80s. The branch belonged to State Bank of Patiala before its merger with SBI.

The overall process was smooth. The staff were polite. Things have started to improve lately in public sector banks. Even though in the first attempt, they sent me Rupay Platinum, they admitted their fault and helped me get the right card this time.

Got the card after 5 days delivered by India Post. The design is average though.

Got it primarily due to zero forex charges.

IMG_20230825_135549.jpg

sarathtg

TF Buzz
The benefits of this card is pretty confusing. Especially on the lounge access part.

I just recieved the JCB variant card(3538) today(my AQB was 2 Lakhs and was under platinum segment, so applied for this card expecting lounge access), I enabled the card in Yono and then logged into the Lounge key successfully. But under entitlement it clearly says that both Members and guests should pay USD 35 for accessing the lounge. Looks like no complimentary visits are available or not sure if it will be updated later. Hope there are no minimum spends associated with it.

The other lounge access is with Rupay for domestic 2 per quarter(based on the forum data). When I try to register the card in the Rupay website under Rupay platinum debit card, I don't see SBI JCB Rupay platinum debit card at all. Now I am confused if this also puts some limitation. Also, does SBI Rupay also works with Dreamfolks or directly ? Any idea on that - because my ICICI Rupay coral credit card got added to Dreamfolks but not this one.

There is no single place with clear information specific to this card variant. Even in the welcome kit document , it simply says as per the network provider benefits.

Any one used this card for lounge access successfully or any customer service information ?

pxg

TF Premier
The benefits of this card is pretty confusing. Especially on the lounge access part.

I just recieved the JCB variant card(3538) today(my AQB was 2 Lakhs and was under platinum segment, so applied for this card expecting lounge access), I enabled the card in Yono and then logged into the Lounge key successfully. But under entitlement it clearly says that both Members and guests should pay USD 35 for accessing the lounge. Looks like no complimentary visits are available or not sure if it will be updated later. Hope there are no minimum spends associated with it.

The other lounge access is with Rupay for domestic 2 per quarter(based on the forum data). When I try to register the card in the Rupay website under Rupay platinum debit card, I don't see SBI JCB Rupay platinum debit card at all. Now I am confused if this also puts some limitation. Also, does SBI Rupay also works with Dreamfolks or directly ? Any idea on that - because my ICICI Rupay coral credit card got added to Dreamfolks but not this one.

There is no single place with clear information specific to this card variant. Even in the welcome kit document , it simply says as per the network provider benefits.

Any one used this card for lounge access successfully or any customer service information ?
I have used it via Dreamfolks successfully in the past.

sarathtg

TF Buzz
@Abhishek012 - if all lounge access is disabled both by Rupay and JCB . This card looks not like Platinum unless and otherwise we visit to Japan and other regions where we can use. This is not considered platinum even by SBI and they call it just as Global card. Also, there is no official information about the forex charges - looks like 3.5percent plus GST. so which other platinum rupay card from SBI is better ? Especially with lounge access and better forex if possible.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
@Abhishek012 - if all lounge access is disabled both by Rupay and JCB . This card looks not like Platinum unless and otherwise we visit to Japan and other regions where we can use. This is not considered platinum even by SBI and they call it just as Global card. Also, there is no official information about the forex charges - looks like 3.5percent plus GST. so which other platinum rupay card from SBI is better ? Especially with lounge access and better forex if possible.
Visit any RuPay airport lounge access in India and use your card - https://www.rupay.co.in/lounges

No forex charges charges.

Also use JCB PLAZA Lounge - https://www.in.jcb/en-in/consumers/travel/plaza/#lounge

Enjoy. (y)

MegaSpaceBar

TF Select
As my SBI MC Platinum card was close to expiry, I felt the need to look for a better card. Aftet reading @Abhishek012's post regarding SBI Rupay-JCB DC and the features it was offering, decided to go for it.

SBI Rupay-JCB card cannot be applied online, so had to visit the branch for it. So, I made visit to this branch for the first time. The branch looked like it was older than me. I felt I was back in the 80s. The branch belonged to State Bank of Patiala before its merger with SBI.

The overall process was smooth. The staff were polite. Things have started to improve lately in public sector banks. Even though in the first attempt, they sent me Rupay Platinum, they admitted their fault and helped me get the right card this time.

Got the card after 5 days delivered by India Post. The design is average though.

Got it primarily due to zero forex charges.

IMG_20230825_135549.jpg
How much MAB required?

ShubhamJha

TF Buzz

Yes, I've used it quite a few times in 2022 and 2023, 2 times in a quarter 8 times in a year.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Are there variants of SBI Rupay JCB debit cards like Classic, Platinum and Select? Or they are all Platinum?
Union bank have RuPay JCB Select wellness credit card.

SBI Reliance Prime Credit Card is RuPay JCB Select credit card.

SBI and Union bank have RuPay JCB DC BIN - 353603 (SBI) and 353605 (Union). I dnt know which card variant is this.

Here one person got this card - @AJ331

I ask him @AJ331 to share the card masked image pic but he hasn't shared yet.

union.jpg

Arosaurabh

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

Were you charged pre-authorisation fee 3.25$ for registering on Lounge key web site and was it reversed later?