• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Experience with SBI Rupay-JCB Debit Card

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
As my SBI MC Platinum card was close to expiry, I felt the need to look for a better card. Aftet reading @Abhishek012's post regarding SBI Rupay-JCB DC and the features it was offering, decided to go for it.

SBI Rupay-JCB card cannot be applied online, so had to visit the branch for it. So, I made visit to this branch for the first time. The branch looked like it was older than me. I felt I was back in the 80s. The branch belonged to State Bank of Patiala before its merger with SBI.

The overall process was smooth. The staff were polite. Things have started to improve lately in public sector banks. Even though in the first attempt, they sent me Rupay Platinum, they admitted their fault and helped me get the right card this time.

Got the card after 5 days delivered by India Post. The design is average though.

Got it primarily due to zero forex charges.

IMG_20230825_135549.jpg

Anupama_Jha

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
So the first counter guy could see the Rupay JCB but he couldn’t apply online. He asked me to fill the form and he mentioned the ATM code as Q066 on the form and asked me to get signature from branch head. I have submitted the form to the second counter and will wait for card delivery now.
This process will take atleast 15-20 days from today.
My experience - I also filled the form, written the atm code along with joining fees and submitted. They tried multiple times but it didn't go through, saying "Card type can not be issued to customer". Hence, at last they again issued me Rupay Global DC🤢

Better to call sbi contact centre and ask for debit card version once you can see it in INB or visit branch and teach them a lesson😜

SANTOSHJ1983

TF Buzz
Segments will change as per balance u maintained in the account see screenshot if balance above 100000 AQB means your segment will change to diamond then u have a limit of ATM is 100000 as per sbi official then only RuPay jcb platinum debit card will approve from bank side I think so maintaining higher balance means 1L to 2L for 3 months then we will get this card or if segment will change to gold or diamond or Platinum then approvals of this card is too easy
Hi.
Mine is also Diamond segment. But i have 2 physical (Rupay Select Wealth Debit Card, Visa Global Debit card ) and 1 Virtual (Rupay Global Debit card )

Will i get Rupay Platinum card (RPJ) if i block the Visa Global debit card and apply Rupay Platinum card with RPJ code in branch ? Will it allows to apply in branch ?
Any idea ?

Hi.
Mine is also Diamond segment. But i have 2 physical (Rupay Select Wealth Debit Card, Visa Global Debit card ) and 1 Virtual (Rupay Global Debit card )

Will i get Rupay Platinum card (RPJ) if i block the Visa Global debit card and apply Rupay Platinum card with RPJ code in branch ? Will it allows to apply in branch ?
Any idea ?
I don't know brother and is your account normal account?

Anupama_Jha

TF Ace
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi.

Any idea ?
Yess, SBI allows multiple debit cards. However unsure whether they can issue you two rupay platinum/select DC at same time or not ?

Since you have Wealth Rupay Select DC, you must have RM. Just call him and share the DC code.

This process will take atleast 15-20 days from today.
My experience - I also filled the form, written the atm code along with joining fees and submitted. They tried multiple times but it didn't go through, saying "Card type can not be issued to customer". Hence, at last they again issued me Rupay Global DC🤢

Better to call sbi contact centre and ask for debit card version once you can see it in INB or visit branch and teach them a lesson😜
They issued a mastercard. It just came alive in yono with 5446 bin. Will go again to branch today. I hate the branch :(

Y
it is always a headache dealing with PSU banks.
Yeah, but HDFC is not giving me a good credit card for forex so need a debit card with zero forex. I have accounts with SBI PNB BOB and HDFC and I don’t want to open a new account now. Hence, making the most out of the current set.

As for now I have a BOB premier card which I guess will give 2.5% rewards with 3.5% forex charge. So, i should be in -1.5% something. In few days I will have a BofA account with zero forex credit card.

zomato

TF Premier
Global Visa/Rupay/MasterCard have 0 issuance charges. Only 125+gst annual fee.

While you said, already 300+gst has been deducted it will be Rupay Platinum DC anyway.
yeah it was delivered on monday, I was sure of rupay platinum but not for JCB variant xd

plus any benefits of rupay platinum? primarily I got this for that 25% discount offer.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
yeah it was delivered on monday, I was sure of rupay platinum but not for JCB variant xd

plus any benefits of rupay platinum? primarily I got this for that 25% discount offer.
RuPay Platinum debit card offer -

20% upto 100 off per month on Mobile recharge/Utility bill payment using Amazon (you can use multiple cards on same Amazon account) (valid only on fridays),

20% upto 100 off per month on Swiggy, coupon code: RUPAY100 (valid only on fridays).

SBI can’t issue rupay JCB debit, BOB and SBI credit cards has low limits. Amex says the merchant is not compliance with card policy (International rent payment). Debit card accept hota nahi and HDFC bas moneyback deta he.

Bahut dikkat he jindagi me :(

This site should have category for gareeb people’s recommendations too.