• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank sending notice for clarification regarding customer's travel spends on atlas

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Axis Bank today sent notices to many of its Atlas credit card customers requesting clarification and invoices regarding their "travel category spends". Axis Atlas is a travel-focused credit card, so it's surprising that the bank is asking for invoices and clarification for travel category expenses over the past few months. A few days ago, Axis Bank deducted Edge Miles and Edge Reward Points from some customers' reward accounts, citing business transactions. Now, they are requesting clarification on affected customers' travel spends within the next 30 days, otherwise, the bank will cancel their credit cards.

Here, I'm attaching a copy of the notice email:

Screenshot 2024.png

Many genuine Atlas customers have been affected by this move. Some people just spent under 10k on travel categories and received clarification notices. I can understand Axis's desire to eliminate abusers from their customer list, but troubling genuine customers is unacceptable. This is the main reason I didn't add the Axis Magnus Burgundy credit card/Axis Magnus credit card to our list of the best credit cards for 2024. While it may offer good rewards, it's not reliable at all. Axis should revert to their old credit card reward system as they are not capable of running a reward system with airmiles transfer partners.
For peace of mind, stay away from Axis Bank credit cards.

thewittypanda

TF Select
Axis Bank today sent notices to many of its Atlas credit card customers requesting clarification and invoices regarding their "travel category spends". Axis Atlas is a travel-focused credit card, so it's surprising that the bank is asking for invoices and clarification for travel category expenses over the past few months. A few days ago, Axis Bank deducted Edge Miles and Edge Reward Points from some customers' reward accounts, citing business transactions. Now, they are requesting clarification on affected customers' travel spends within the next 30 days, otherwise, the bank will cancel their credit cards.

Here, I'm attaching a copy of the notice email:

Screenshot 2024.png

Many genuine Atlas customers have been affected by this move. Some people just spent under 10k on travel categories and received clarification notices. I can understand Axis's desire to eliminate abusers from their customer list, but troubling genuine customers is unacceptable. This is the main reason I didn't add the Axis Magnus Burgundy credit card/Axis Magnus credit card to our list of the best credit cards for 2024. While it may offer good rewards, it's not reliable at all. Axis should revert to their old credit card reward system as they are not capable of running a reward system with airmiles transfer partners.
For peace of mind, stay away from Axis Bank credit cards.
I do not hold a Magnus or an Atlas credit card but one thing I understood through the Magnus fiasco and now this Atlas fiasco, staying away from Axis Bank Credit Cards gives more peace of mind than staying in your mind's wonderland expecting all rewards and points through your genuine transactions but get through such harrowing experiences later. Albeit, if you still want to keep Axis Cards stay with only MyZone or Neo credit cards enjoy 10% discounts and be happy. That's it.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I do not hold a Magnus or an Atlas credit card but one thing I understood through the Magnus fiasco and now this Atlas fiasco, staying away from Axis Bank Credit Cards gives more peace of mind than staying in your mind's wonderland expecting all rewards and points through your genuine transactions but get through such harrowing experiences later. Albeit, if you still want to keep Axis Cards stay with only MyZone or Neo credit cards enjoy 10% discounts and be happy. That's it.
Idk why everyone hating axis . There is both side of the coin ..
Using loopholes & what not ppl misused & used cc ..
What remains is they r giving Rewards atleast.

Hdfc is hopeless -90% have moneyback
7-8% have Millniea & 0.1% have infinia .
Regalia is not worth ..dcb have its own issues

Icici - lets not talk about it

What remains is axis still reward in 500 card., either airtel or Flipkart or ace . All have decent return
Axis atleast give reward & get misused other bank don't even give Rewards to begin with

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

What remains is axis still reward in 500 card., either airtel or Flipkart or ace . All have decent return
Axis atleast give reward & get misused other bank don't even give Rewards to begin with
I agree to some of it but they are burning down the house just to kill few rats. Isn't it better to plug those holes or do targeted strike?

My spends are 1 lac each in last 4 months due to travel. It is a travel card with 15 lac threshold for fee reversal. How is someone suppose to use the card if they can't tolerate 1 lac spend each month on their card?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
If its online, you have everything in the email. I just searched my email for all the transactions asked and sent them a single pdf with all the transaction
Well done .. Good boy .. I like good boys, like you .. !!!
Please take your chocolate after the class is over !!

Last edited:

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

widrawl hangover sympotms. Train se biz class ka safar

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
agree to some of it but they are burning down the house just to kill few rats. Isn't it better to plug those holes or do targeted strike?
Right .. this seems to be general stike at all other than targeted...
Idk what banks are doing
Neither they are distributing loans nor some Innovative products ..
Just wasting time in wierd stuffs

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

I hope one day you will know that, it’s not about rewards all the time…
Oh my God, please forgive our beloved doc, @DocFixIt , for this time and give that Gnana to him soon !!! ;) ;)

realSP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Does this mean that in their email they mentioned only " Travel Category" and when you have submitted invoices now they are asking for invoices for "Airlines" and "Hotel" category as well??

They are asking invoices only for 5x reward Travel and hotel transactions.

Saipsy

TF Premier
1) do all atlas holders have got email or specifically sent?
2) do edge balance showing as zero who got the email?
1. i have atlas, dint get that mail.

I agree to some of it but they are burning down the house just to kill few rats. Isn't it better to plug those holes or do targeted strike?

My spends are 1 lac each in last 4 months due to travel. It is a travel card with 15 lac threshold for fee reversal. How is someone suppose to use the card if they can't tolerate 1 lac spend each month on their card?
There is no fee reversal in atlas.

sharad131

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
They are asking invoices only for 5x reward Travel and hotel transactions.
I doubt. If thats the case they should have mentioned "airlines" and "hotel" category in email sent to everyone....why they mentioned "travel category".

"Travel category" doesn't get 5x....only "hotel" and "airlines" does

As I said earlier in this thread, here is one more.... from RBI.

Some of these changes - we know. What we don't know is how serious RBI is on the ballooning CC defaults n irregularities.

realSP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I doubt. If thats the case they should have mentioned "airlines" and "hotel" category in email sent to everyone....why they mentioned "travel category".

"Travel category" doesn't get 5x....only "hotel" and "airlines" does

This morning, I sent a few invoices in the Travel and Airlines categories, but I forgot to send the invoices in the Hotel category. Now that I've received a reply, they're asking for the incomplete invoices in the Airlines and Hotel categories, but not for the Travel category mentioned in the statement (MCC 4722).

sharad131

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This morning, I sent a few invoices in the Travel and Airlines categories, but I forgot to send the invoices in the Hotel category. Now that I've received a reply, they're asking for the incomplete invoices in the Airlines and Hotel categories, but not for the Travel category mentioned in the statement (MCC 4722).
Exactly this was my apprehension. The email is just to hook by saying travel category....they will find one or the other reason to keep customer in Whirlpool. Pathetic Axis!!

realSP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Exactly this was my apprehension. The email is just to hook by saying travel category....they will find one or the other reason to keep customer in Whirlpool. Pathetic Axis!!

In the reply email, they asked for one hotel invoice for which I swiped the credit card in the EDC machine, not an online transaction. However, I tore the invoice a while ago, and now I'm missing only that one invoice. Now i sent an request email to the Hotel for an Duplicate invoice copy.

sharad131

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
In the reply email, they asked for one hotel invoice for which I swiped the credit card in the EDC machine, not an online transaction. However, I tore the invoice a while ago, and now I'm missing only that one invoice. Now i sent an request email to the Hotel for an Duplicate invoice copy.
Seems like a all transaction forensic audit!

LJGIBBS

TF Ace
1. They asked Travel invoices, I sent them three 10k plus transaction invoice of Paytm reflecting as travel in statement

2. They ask me to send travel invoices for last 30 days. I checked that and these transactions were on vistara and cleartrip.

3. Sent them those invoice, in that link as well as replied to the mail and also to PNO.

4. I get a reply that "Cleartrip Goa Wale file mei kuch dikhayi nahi de raha, blank hai, send again"

Lol, I send them two cleartrip Goa wali receipts for both leg of journey, ek mei dikh rha ek mei nhi dikh rha. BC, 30K ke travel expense ke liye chakbodi kar rahe