• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank sending notice for clarification regarding customer's travel spends on atlas

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Axis Bank today sent notices to many of its Atlas credit card customers requesting clarification and invoices regarding their "travel category spends". Axis Atlas is a travel-focused credit card, so it's surprising that the bank is asking for invoices and clarification for travel category expenses over the past few months. A few days ago, Axis Bank deducted Edge Miles and Edge Reward Points from some customers' reward accounts, citing business transactions. Now, they are requesting clarification on affected customers' travel spends within the next 30 days, otherwise, the bank will cancel their credit cards.

Here, I'm attaching a copy of the notice email:

Screenshot 2024.png

Many genuine Atlas customers have been affected by this move. Some people just spent under 10k on travel categories and received clarification notices. I can understand Axis's desire to eliminate abusers from their customer list, but troubling genuine customers is unacceptable. This is the main reason I didn't add the Axis Magnus Burgundy credit card/Axis Magnus credit card to our list of the best credit cards for 2024. While it may offer good rewards, it's not reliable at all. Axis should revert to their old credit card reward system as they are not capable of running a reward system with airmiles transfer partners.
For peace of mind, stay away from Axis Bank credit cards.

techt

TF Legend
The solution:
Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Spread them..

Maintain atleast 3 main accounts in India..
I had HDFC as my salary account. Over the time, I had to move to axis salary due to nonavailability of HDFC salary account with my employer.
Currently, HDFC is a humble prime account. May be I have to consider moving back to HDFC.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I had HDFC as my salary account. Over the time, I had to move to axis salary due to nonavailability of HDFC salary account with my employer.
Currently, HDFC is a humble prime account. May be I have to consider moving back to HDFC.
As I said maintain liquid funds amd FDs in 2 to 3 banks.
Dont believe in any one bank...

MusicalMind

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So, no accountability and do as their wish. This is really unfair.
This is because of the treatment given to newer employees even before joining HR ask employees to sign document that says you need to do all kind of sales and don't post any negative reviews about bank. After joining daily abuse for not achieving sales targets zero value for operation work will not counted towards promotion. So it is typical for employees have no accountability

techt

TF Legend
This is because of the treatment given to newer employees even before joining HR ask employees to sign document that says you need to do all kind of sales and don't post any negative reviews about bank. After joining daily abuse for not achieving sales targets zero value for operation work will not counted towards promotion. So it is typical for employees have no accountability
Is this any different from other banks ? Just want to know.

_amit_

TF Premier
I was hoping to ask for old Magnus as LTF, by after this, I will definitely pressure them for Atlas. Who knows maybe they will issue two Atlas on one customer ID.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Why apply ? Just ask for Atlas - after 1 or 2 weeks. Who knows, we might get a BOGO offer on Atlas.
lol... axis probably wants to lose loss making customers.. some profiling.. they gave crazy rewards and people have used them.. niw they are regretting the design and creating negative experience for customers.. this will hurt them in the short and long term.. i thought they would send an apology email by now.. like the ITD did for their email.. but.. no... sad..

techt

TF Legend
I was hoping to ask for old Magnus as LTF, by after this, I will definitely pressure them for Atlas. Who knows maybe they will issue two Atlas on one customer ID.
If there is any gallantry badge in TF, you deserve it and no one else will ever be eligible.

techt

TF Legend
lol... axis probably wants to lose loss making customers.. some profiling.. they gave crazy rewards and people have used them.. niw they are regretting the design and creating negative experience for customers.. this will hurt them in the short and long term.. i thought they would send an apology email by now.. like the ITD did for their email.. but.. no... sad..
Apology for a genuine mistake, but here what we are seeing is a habitual offender.