• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Fastag after Paytm Fastag closure

rohitpgarg

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Now that paytm fastag is shutdown, what are good choices for fastag?

The wallet + fastag combined offering from paytm was really good. Is there any other option like that?

skywalker

TF Select
Any idea how to purchase more fastag under 1 customer id for my other vehicles in Amazon icici Fatag
+1
@007 do you know about this? I’ll also need to buy 2 Amazon Pay ICICI FASTags for 2 vehicles. Is that possible from the same Amazon account? I see the purchase page on the app but don’t know if 2 fastags can be bought from here:

1708362529568.jpeg

gauravbhati

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Don't know about the Amazon app fastag but under one customer ID you can buy through the eToll app... When u login through ur cust. id in the app you'll see the option to add or buy more Fastag.

skywalker

TF Select
Don't know about the Amazon app fastag but under one customer ID you can buy through the eToll app... When u login through ur cust. id in the app you'll see the option to add or buy more Fastag.
If I get 2 ICICI Fastags linked to the same customer ID in the eToll app, then I’m aware that there are 2 balances in the eToll app - Wallet balance and FASTag balance. Do they deduct the toll money directly from the wallet balance, or do we need to add money to eToll wallet balance first, and then transfer to FASTag balance?

gauravbhati

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If I get 2 ICICI Fastags linked to the same customer ID in the eToll app, then I’m aware that there are 2 balances in the eToll app - Wallet balance and FASTag balance. Do they deduct the toll money directly from the wallet balance, or do we need to add money to eToll wallet balance first, and then transfer to FASTag balance?

You need to transfer the wallet balance to the particular fastag.
I've read somewhere that the wallet balance is used if the fastag balance is low but not sure about that so better you can add the money in wallet and then recharge any fastag using the wallet balance.

Deathsnatcher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
i only see add on tag but the app keep crashing when i am going in it.

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have a question related to ICICI Fastag - I paid Rs 499.12 for a new ICICI Fastag. As per their split up, it is
- Rs 200 security deposit,
- Rs 200 fastag wallet balance
- Rs 99.12 fastag charge.

When will I be able to see the wallet balance? As of now, it shows Rs 0/- as wallet balance. (both in iMobile app and e-toll app)
Same for me as well, no idea when it'll get updated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240220_071656_eToll by ICICI Bank.jpg
    Screenshot_20240220_071656_eToll by ICICI Bank.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 32

gauravbhati

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Same for me as well, no idea when it'll get updated

The wallet balance here won't be updated.
See near the home button there is a card like icon, click there and select the fastag and you'll see the fastag balance there.

This wallet balance which you've added with SS is a common wallet which can be used for paying for parking and fuel, it is not the Fastag balance. But you can transfer this wallet balance to fastag balance when needed.

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
See near the home button there is a card like icon, click there and select the fastag and you'll see the fastag balance there.

This wallet balance which you've added with SS is a common wallet which can be used for paying for parking and fuel, it is not the Fastag balance. But you can transfer this wallet balance to fastag balance when needed.
Aah.. thanks a million man.. didnt realize it. Was using paytm fasttag till date.had to cancel it and got this new one

cardio_guy

TF Ace

Thanks a lot. Yes, the 2nd card-like icon shows my car number and balance Rs 200. Thanks for this information.

skywalker

TF Select
You need to transfer the wallet balance to the particular fastag.
I've read somewhere that the wallet balance is used if the fastag balance is low but not sure about that so better you can add the money in wallet and then recharge any fastag using the wallet balance.
Then that brings up the question again - is there any FASTag provider in which we can simply add money to a single wallet and multiple vehicles can use that wallet balance for toll payments, without having to separately recharge FASTags.

Paytm FASTag used to give this convenience, but does any other FASTag provider have this feature?

deep@vie

TF Legend
Then that brings up the question again - is there any FASTag provider in which we can simply add money to a single wallet and multiple vehicles can use that wallet balance for toll payments, without having to separately recharge FASTags.

Paytm FASTag used to give this convenience, but does any other FASTag provider have this feature?
I guess no 👎

gauravbhati

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

As of now, paytm was the only one. Even I had to shift from paytm for 2 fastag accounts to ICICI. But there I have to add money to wallet and later transfer to the fastag which I'll be using for toll tax. This is inconvenient but can't do anything else until paytm brings wallet feature back and allow adding fastag there for payment convenience which I think might not come shortly.

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Airtel Fasttag (bought via Airtel Payments Bank) has this feature as informed by @minhazuddin

See this post https://www.technofino.in/community...ssues-should-i-move-to-park.20144/post-534592

Paytm FASTag used to give this convenience, but does any other FASTag provider have this feature

minhazuddin

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Airtel Fasttag (bought via Airtel Payments Bank) has this feature as informed by @minhazuddin

See this post https://www.technofino.in/community...ssues-should-i-move-to-park.20144/post-534592
In case someone has trust issue, here we go - https://www.airtel.in/blog/airtel-thanks-app/recharge-fastag-with-our-vehicle-number/

Navigate to "How to Check FASTag Balance After Recharging?"

And have your kind perusal of this sentence "When your FASTag is linked to your Airtel wallet/savings account, your available balance becomes your FASTag balance."

Hope everything is clear now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-20-14-30-41-555_com.myairtelapp.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-20-14-30-41-555_com.myairtelapp.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 16

skywalker

TF Select
In case someone has trust issue, here we go - https://www.airtel.in/blog/airtel-thanks-app/recharge-fastag-with-our-vehicle-number/

Navigate to "How to Check FASTag Balance After Recharging?"

And have your kind perusal of this sentence "When your FASTag is linked to your Airtel wallet/savings account, your available balance becomes your FASTag balance."

Hope everything is clear now.
Oh, thanks! Can I buy FASTags for 2 vehicles from Airtel? And if yes, both FASTag tolls be deducted from the same wallet, right?

Also, does Airtel FASTag support payments on fuel stations and parking, like ICICI FASTag?