• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Fastag after Paytm Fastag closure

rohitpgarg

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Now that paytm fastag is shutdown, what are good choices for fastag?

The wallet + fastag combined offering from paytm was really good. Is there any other option like that?

deep@vie

TF Legend
As per the current update, you wouldn’t be able to add money to your Paytm FASTag after 15th March 2024. If Paytm can do anything to fix that, that’s yet to be seen (although the chances seem slim because NHAI has removed Paytm as an authorized FASTag issuer, plus it’s pretty short notice)
Either it'll be done or it'll be extended for sure

RajeshV

TF Premier
As per the current update, you wouldn’t be able to add money to your Paytm FASTag after 15th March 2024. If Paytm can do anything to fix that, that’s yet to be seen (although the chances seem slim because NHAI has removed Paytm as an authorized FASTag issuer, plus it’s pretty short notice)
Their current cancellation process makes its seem like I'm intentionally closing it, so I've deceided to wait. They're the ones that 🤬ed up, so they should arrange an alternative or refund in full.

deep@vie

TF Legend
Their current cancellation process makes its seem like I'm intentionally closing it, so I've deceided to wait. They're the ones that 🤬ed up, so they should arrange an alternative or refund in full.
Don't worry, it'll work 99% or replaced with someone else 1%.before situation arises, I don't think it's going to happen as the issue is with PPBL not with fastag or any other service or wallet.

skywalker

TF Select
Don't worry, it'll work 99% or replaced with someone else 1%.before situation arises, I don't think it's going to happen as the issue is with PPBL not with fastag or any other service or wallet.
It might get replaced with some other bank (Paytm might collaborate with some other bank for FASTag). That’s still a possibility. But how do you think the existing FASTag might still work?

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
See the ICICI one would be activated automatically (in a day after application) but I would suggest to not use it until you close the older tag. NHAI recently rolled out "One Vehicle, One FasTag" so better to follow that.
The problem I see with ICICI fasttag is that 500 is the min recharge amt. It's a waste for someone like me who doesnt travel long frequently. My nearest fasttag toll is 200kms away. The benefit of paytm fasttag was that you csan ven do 50rs min recharge to wallet.

skywalker

TF Select
The problem I see with ICICI fasttag is that 500 is the min recharge amt. It's a waste for someone like me who doesnt travel long frequently. My nearest fasttag toll is 200kms away. The benefit of paytm fasttag was that you csan ven do 50rs min recharge to wallet.
Wait what? ₹500 is the minimum FASTag recharge amount for Amazon Pay ICICI FASTag too @007?

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No... It's means you can add money in phonepe wallet and the money paid at toll which be deducted from your phonepe wallet.. u don't hv to recharge your fastag separately...
So can you confirm if I can added smaller amounts as well. like 100rs to my phoepe wallet since I saw yesterday from my friend's ICICI fasttag (which he bought via the bank) he can only recharge for 500rs min, not below that. and for a 45rs toll, poor guy had to load up 500rs. and he hardly travels long.

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
The best benefit of Paytm FASTag was that I simply used to add money to wallet, and both my car’s FASTags used the same wallet balance.

Are you aware if any other FASTag provider has that kind of capability? Where I can reload money in a single wallet and 2 different fastags should be able to use that wallet’s balance
phonepe I suppose

TF Ace
TF Family
You can recharge FASTags using UPI for as low as ₹1! 😉

For ICICI tag: netc.<vehicle_number>@icici

Here:

ICICI_TAG.jpg

deep@vie

TF Legend
It might get replaced with some other bank (Paytm might collaborate with some other bank for FASTag). That’s still a possibility. But how do you think the existing FASTag might still work?
I think they won't let one of their product after payments bank & 2Cr customers go away so easily if this tag stops working they'll issue & deliver a new one without any charges to all the fastag customers.
Let's see what happens

Anil_Singh

TF Ace
I think paytm will not let go wallet business so easily. They earn so much from wallet business. They will partner with some bank to link paytm wallet with bank's escrow account. That's the reason I have not closed my fastag yet. Even if wallet gets closed, my fastag deposit will be refunded automatically or it will be ported to some other partner fastag provider.

deep@vie

TF Legend
I have some money left with my Paytm wallet. So, I figured that I will use Paytm Fastag till the money gets over. However, I see a news report that post Match 15, Paytm Fastag will not work on NHAI highways - https://delhibreakings.com/paytm-wi...ity-deposit-will-go-to-bank-account-directly/.

Is this true? This report seems to contradict what Paytm has communicated. Can someone clarify?
There is no clarity on this issue as of now as NHAI issued list fastags those will be working after Feb,2024 but Paytm & RBI saying paytm fastag users can use paytm fastag as long as balance is there & even can recharge till 15th March(it might be extended).
Need to wait for clarity.

deep@vie

TF Legend
I think paytm will not let go wallet business so easily. They earn so much from wallet business. They will partner with some bank to link paytm wallet with bank's escrow account. That's the reason I have not closed my fastag yet. Even if wallet gets closed, my fastag deposit will be refunded automatically or it will be ported to some other partner fastag provider.
Yes,wallet isn't going anywhere it'll keep working like before Axis or someone will come as nodal(escrow) but Fastag might be replaced with some other bank as it was issued by PPBL which is closing.

Last edited:

gauravbhati

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So can you confirm if I can added smaller amounts as well. like 100rs to my phoepe wallet since I saw yesterday from my friend's ICICI fasttag (which he bought via the bank) he can only recharge for 500rs min, not below that. and for a 45rs toll, poor guy had to load up 500rs. and he hardly travels long.

Recharge directly on the Fastag UPI... No min. Amount... You can pay through any UPI app.

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Recharge directly on the Fastag UPI... No min. Amount... You can pay through any UPI app.
As i said, my friend tried to recharge his icici fasttag via gpay and a small msg popped up saying min recharge should be 500. I'll get u the screenshot today