• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Yes First Preferred Mastercard vs Visa Signature

advikm

TF Buzz
What variant for yes first cards are better, unable to discern. Also there’s a slight misconception, I applied for the card in may, with the annual charge of 999. However when I called them, they told me your card is lifetime free. She also assured me that the line is recorded and you can ask the agent to go back and check in case charges are levied. So my yes first preferred is lifetime free.

Solution
What variant for yes first cards are better, unable to discern. Also there’s a slight misconception, I applied for the card in may, with the annual charge of 999. However when I called them, they told me your card is lifetime free. She also assured me that the line is recorded and you can ask the agent to go back and check in case charges are levied. So my yes first preferred is lifetime free.
Yes, after April they started issuing YFP and YFE with 999 + GST joining fee, but they're converting them to LTF.
None of the Yes Bank cards are rewarding. So if you're getting the best variant, get it if it's LTF, which is Exclusive.
For the extra mile you can go with Yes Private if you're meeting the income criteria of 40-45L and up...

advikm

TF Buzz
Yes Private is the top most card with either 20k or 50k joining fees

2nd best card with unlimited international lounge access is Yes First Exclusive
And then Yes First Preferred

After 6 months you can start trying to get upgraded to YFE.
Hey, thanks. What’s the procedure to upgrade to YFE, any idea ?

advikm

TF Buzz
It’s more or less the same unless you travel to places like Eastern Africa, etc. all the well known places and top airports are covered by both equivocally. To add to that, priority pass and LoungeKey are both owned by the same company.

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
Yes, after April they started issuing YFP and YFE with 999 + GST joining fee, but they're converting them to LTF.
None of the Yes Bank cards are rewarding. So if you're getting the best variant, get it if it's LTF, which is Exclusive.
For the extra mile you can go with Yes Private if you're meeting the income criteria of 40-45L and up. But it's a chargeable card. initiation fee is 50k + GST you get 50k points where 1 pts = 1 Rs & 9k worth of Oberoi vouchers. But for amazon 1 pt = 60 paisa value.

For detailed review of Yes Private card, here's the link of TechnoFino's YouTube video

Solution

alphadark7

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
How did you get Exclusive as LTF? Can you please share the steps/instructions you followed
I applied to Mumbai Airport, they were running some offers at that time for LTF YFP and YFE
I was not eligible for YFE at that time so I took YFP

The person told me to wait for 6 months and then I applied for an upgrade in the online process, I got 1 reply stating the minimum criteria for upgrade but when I replied they said that the application is rejected. There was some back and forth and I asked the airport guy to do something, he raised a request and it got upgraded to YFE.

Note: If your card is LTF in Yes bank, your upgrades will be LTF too, so always take the card and get it upgraded later

I applied to Mumbai Airport, they were running some offers at that time for LTF YFP and YFE
I was not eligible for YFE at that time so I took YFP

The person told me to wait for 6 months and then I applied for an upgrade in the online process, I got 1 reply stating the minimum criteria for upgrade but when I replied they said that the application is rejected. There was some back and forth and I asked the airport guy to do something, he raised a request and it got upgraded to YFE.

Note: If your card is LTF in Yes bank, your upgrades will be LTF too, so always take the card and get it upgraded later
Hello, my father is holding yes properity edge with 3.90 lakhs limit since feb 2021, can i get his card upgraded LTF to any higher tier card?
Kindly guide.