• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Yes Bank Reserv + 3X Subscription Plan

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a new card to complement my Infinia. The main goal is to increase the rewards rate for a few lakhs of donations towards NGOs (both Indian and International). BOGO on movies, and rewards on rental and UPI transactions will be great to have but not necessary.

I recently came across the YES Reserv card, along with the 3X subscription offer for all spends. The following is how I see the reward rates:
  • 9% Points on Online Shopping (except on Select categories)**
  • 4.5% Points on Offline Shopping (except on Select categories)
  • 2.25% Points on Select categories
Assuming 25 paise per RP redemption rate, for flights and hotels.

The 9% rewards rate seems just too good to be true. Can anyone confirm? If it is indeed true, then why is this not the most talked about card for Forex transactions?

P.S: I don't mind paying the annual fee given the rewards.

helloworld

TF Legend
Guys, now LTF Reserv with 5x subscription is better than Atlas right?

Atlas: Even though core feature of this card to redeem edge milles on traveledge portal with 1 Point = 1Rs. to book flights/hotels. But the USP of this card is ability to transfer those points to various partners and able to get >1Rs. value per point.

If you're looking for simply' search and book feature, then YES Reserv can be comparable to Atlas. But, looking to transfer points then Reserv has only two partners with very less value they provide, if you transfer to them. Not recommended.

kowsikbabu

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Atlas: Even though core feature of this card to redeem edge milles on traveledge portal with 1 Point = 1Rs. to book flights/hotels. But the USP of this card is ability to transfer those points to various partners and able to get >1Rs. value per point.

If you're looking for simply' search and book feature, then YES Reserv can be comparable to Atlas. But, looking to transfer points then Reserv has only two partners with very less value they provide, if you transfer to them. Not recommended.
But with the 1.5 L capping on miles transfer, even that USP is lost. I'm not sure, if I will be putting my primary spends on Atlas/Reserv, it will be after the cap exhaustion on smartbuy.

helloworld

TF Legend
But with the 1.5 L capping on miles transfer, even that USP is lost. I'm not sure, if I will be putting my primary spends on Atlas/Reserv, it will be after the cap exhaustion on smartbuy.

that depends on your requirement, for some that 1.5L is enough or can adjust with remaing things. Anycase, as mentioned if you want to transfer - no for yes reserv, ok to book direct flights/hotels, go for it.

CardSeeker

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
could you clarify these:

- statement date (Ex: 12)
- last month purchases (1-30).
- last to this month statement purchases (Ex: 13-12)

cumulative amount will do fine, to clarify your questions.
May I Know Utility Transactions Covered Under Reserv ?

If Yes Till How Much Spends Eligible Under Utility ?

pgarg24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
could you clarify these:

- statement date (Ex: 12)
- last month purchases (1-30).
- last to this month statement purchases (Ex: 13-12)

cumulative amount will do fine, to clarify your questions.

First statement:

Date - 16 Feb
Purchases - 2L (online trans - mcc eligible for 3x)
Transaction done in Jan (full 2L)
Reward point recieved in statement- 49k

Second statement

Date - 17 March
Purchases - 3L (online trans - mcc 3ligible for 3x)
Transaction done in feb (full 3L)
Rp recieved with statement - 72k

helloworld

TF Legend
First statement:

Date - 16 Feb
Purchases - 2L (online trans - mcc eligible for 3x)
Transaction done in Jan (full 2L)
Reward point recieved in statement- 49k

Second statement

Date - 17 March
Purchases - 3L (online trans - mcc 3ligible for 3x)
Transaction done in feb (full 3L)
Rp recieved with statement - 72k

Feb should contain:

- Upto Feb 15 or sometimes 16 = all transactions base rewards (1x)
- Upto Jan 31st (sometimes they may ignore last dates, happens for any bank and include them in next month) = accelarated (2x)

Mar Statement should contain:
- Any last date transactionns missed in Jan 2x bonus
- Upto Feb 29th (same rule, may miss last dates which will be added next statement) = 2x
- Upto Mar 16th base points = 1x

---------

On rough estimate (based on above figures): more about this calculation refer above shared post excel

Jan (1-30): 2L [online - 3x]
Feb (1-15): 0

Feb statement: 2L = 200000/200 = 1000 *48 = 48k

Feb (16-29): 3L [online - 3x]
Mar (1-16): 0

Mar statement: 3L = 1500 *48 = 72k

----------

It matches, not sure based on this you got extra 1k (which we can figure based on statement).. what exactly your issue here?

helloworld

TF Legend
But no accelerated rewards in 5x sub right?

only 4 categories..

pgarg24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Feb should contain:

- Upto Feb 15 or sometimes 16 = all transactions base rewards (1x)
- Upto Jan 31st (sometimes they may ignore last dates, happens for any bank and include them in next month) = accelarated (2x)

Mar Statement should contain:
- Any last date transactionns missed in Jan 2x bonus
- Upto Feb 29th (same rule, may miss last dates which will be added next statement) = 2x
- Upto Mar 16th base points = 1x

---------

On rough estimate (based on above figures): more about this calculation refer above shared post excel

Jan (1-30): 2L [online - 3x]
Feb (1-15): 0

Feb statement: 2L = 200000/200 = 1000 *48 = 48k

Feb (16-29): 3L [online - 3x]
Mar (1-16): 0

Mar statement: 3L = 1500 *48 = 72k

----------

It matches, not sure based on this you got extra 1k (which we can figure based on statement).. what exactly your issue here?
Hi @helloworld , can you please check the below calculation out.. The missing point I am talking about is 48k for spends in Feb for 2L(marked in red font).
Please let me know if its incorrect somewhere. Attaching the excell if you want to modify it(in-case I have made some big mistake and a lot of it needs to be updated)

1710928743110.png

Attachments

• Yes Bank CC RP.xlsx
    10 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi bro, can you please check the below calculation out.. The missing point I am talking about is 48k for spends in Feb for 2L(marked in red font).
Please let me know if its incorrect somewhere. Attaching the excell if you want to modify it(in-case I have made some big mistake and a lot of it needs to be updated)

1710928743110.png
Base points are 12 per 200

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi bro, can you please check the below calculation out.. The missing point I am talking about is 48k for spends in Feb for 2L(marked in red font).

1710928743110.png
You have got 2x subscription bonus for Jan in Feb statement.
its 24RP/200 rs for online, 12RP/200 offline

1710936029672.png
yes. So, for 1 lakh, you get 6k base plus 6k for online plus 12 k as 2x benefit.

helloworld

TF Legend
Hi @helloworld , can you please check the below calculation out.. The missing point I am talking about is 48k for spends in Feb for 2L(marked in red font).

1710951340219.png

1710951478667.png

Based on this and your calculation, some 2000 Rs. transaction missing..