• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Yes Bank Reserv + 3X Subscription Plan

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a new card to complement my Infinia. The main goal is to increase the rewards rate for a few lakhs of donations towards NGOs (both Indian and International). BOGO on movies, and rewards on rental and UPI transactions will be great to have but not necessary.

I recently came across the YES Reserv card, along with the 3X subscription offer for all spends. The following is how I see the reward rates:
  • 9% Points on Online Shopping (except on Select categories)**
  • 4.5% Points on Offline Shopping (except on Select categories)
  • 2.25% Points on Select categories
Assuming 25 paise per RP redemption rate, for flights and hotels.

The 9% rewards rate seems just too good to be true. Can anyone confirm? If it is indeed true, then why is this not the most talked about card for Forex transactions?

P.S: I don't mind paying the annual fee given the rewards.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a new card to complement my Infinia. The main goal is to increase the rewards rate for a few lakhs of donations towards NGOs (both Indian and International). BOGO on movies, and rewards on rental and UPI transactions will be great to have but not necessary.

I recently came across the YES Reserv card, along with the 3X subscription offer for all spends. The following is how I see the reward rates:
  • 9% Points on Online Shopping (except on Select categories)**
  • 4.5% Points on Offline Shopping (except on Select categories)
  • 2.25% Points on Select categories
Assuming 25 paise per RP redemption rate, for flights and hotels.

The 9% rewards rate seems just too good to be true. Can anyone confirm? If it is why this is not the most talked about card for Forex transactions?

P.S: I don't mind paying the annual fee given the rewards.
This is correct as of now and enjoy the benefits while they last…
Majority of our comrades will only spend if the cards are LTF only..
Don’t want to pay anything for what they would get… don’t want to pay for annual fee, subscription fee etc.. please let’s know if you have any such cards…

Summary of the situation:

Miss the forest for the trees! !!! If you know what I mean.. ;)

Last edited:
Here's the list of Select or excluded Categories as per https://www.yesbank.in/personal-banking/cards/credit-card/reserv-credit-card
  • Bridge and Road Fees, Tolls
  • Bus Lines
  • Colleges, Universities, Professional Schools, and Junior Colleges
  • Court Costs Including Alimony and Child Support
  • Direct Marketing—Insurance Services
  • Fines
  • Government Services—not elsewhere classified
  • Grocery Stores, Supermarkets
  • Insurance Sales, Underwriting, and Premiums
  • Intra-Government Purchases—Government Only
  • Limousines and Taxicabs
  • Miscellaneous Food Stores - Convenience Stores, Markets, Specialty Stores
  • Postal Services—Government Only
  • Schools and Educational Services—not elsewhere classified
  • Schools, Business and Secretarial
  • Schools, Correspondence
  • Schools, Elementary and Secondary
  • Schools, Trade and Vocational
  • Tax Payments
  • Transportation—Suburban and Local Commuter Passenger, including Ferries
  • Utilities—Electric, Gas, Heating Oil, Sanitary, Water

I don't see charity or NGO's in this list..

Don’t want to pay anything for what they would get… don’t want to pay for annual fee, subscription fee etc.. please let’s know if you have such cards…

Miss the forest for the trees! !!! If you know what I mean
Great to know that this is indeed true. Thanks!

It's unfortunate that folks miss on so much upside because of the upfront cost...

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Don’t want to pay anything for what they would get… don’t want to pay for annual fee, subscription fee etc.. please let’s know if you have any such cards…

Miss the forest for the trees! !!! If you know what I mean.. ;)
I have reserve ltf free but still not sure how it competes with infinia interms of reward rate and redemption options.

Please shed some light

Last edited:

pgarg24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Ques - Is getting a 3x on reserv by paying 3500 rs worth it?.. and paying reserv fees too(not assuming i will get it as ltf)

Assume I am able to spend 1lakh per month and mcc is not in excluded list.. (misc) can someone help with calculation.. never used yes bank cc before..

Ques - Is getting a 3x on reserv by paying 3500 rs worth it?.. and paying reserv fees too(not assuming i will get it as ltf)

Assume I am able to spend 1lakh per month and mcc is not in excluded list.. (misc) can someone help with calculation.. never used yes bank cc before..
Disclaimer: I don't have a YES card yet either, but this is how I expect it to work:

If it's an online payment, you should be getting 36000 YES Rewardz points worth ₹9000 (when redeemed for flights/hotels) just in that month.
₹3500 + GST is an annual payment, ...so just one single payment in a year should cover all the fee, and much more..

pgarg24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Disclaimer: I don't have a YES card yet either, but this is how I expect it to work:

If it's an online payment, you should be getting 36000 YES Rewardz points worth ₹9000 (when redeemed for flights/hotels) just in that month.
₹3500 + GST is an annual payment, ...so just one single payment in a year should cover all the fee, and much more..
here's the thing where i am getting confused...
So reward on Reserv is 24 RP/200Rs...
If i subscribe for 3x(all spends) and spend 1L.

RP on 1L = 12k points
3x = 36k points.. which is worth around 7.2K as told by some poeple in Marquee thread since flight conversion is 0.2Rs or something..

Then Reserv is better than Marquee?(with subscription plan offcourse)..
Looping @ssv since you might know about this?

helloworld

TF Legend
here's the thing where i am getting confused...
So reward on Reserv is 24 RP/200Rs...
If i subscribe for 3x(all spends) and spend 1L.

RP on 1L = 12k points
3x = 36k points.. which is worth around 7.2K as told by some poeple in Marquee thread since flight conversion is 0.2Rs or something..

y e s

helloworld

TF Legend
I have reseeve ltf free but still not sure how it competes with infinia interms of reward rate and redemption options.

Please shed some light

with subscription:

use cases:

AJIO, Uber etc. non-gyftr places: Infinia - 3.3%, Reserv - 9%

Other online spends (non-voucher related): Infina - 3.3%, Reserv - 9%

Offline shopping, dining, and other spends (non-grocery related): Infinia - 3.3%, Reserv - 4.5%

Foreign spends: Infinia - 1 or 2%, Reserv - 6%* (not tried on reserv yet).

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
RP on 1L = 12k points

correct.
Reserv with 3X subscription is better than Marquee..
small correction:
36K * 0.25 = 9K for flight and hotel conversion...

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Tried that too bhai :ROFLMAO:.. somehow not taking @S S V

EDIT: ok this time it took. nyc

Another stupid ques.. was applying and after clicking on select card.. there is nothing else to click on nor it is proceeding forward...
1704219437475.png
very strange.. try again it shuld move forward.. click on the card image first ..

hrish88

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
this has 5X plan also right for 5000+gst isnt that better.5X return will give 15% right?also subscription pages says rewards capped at 75000 per cycle but reserv credit card page says max 36000 rewards per month?

Reactions: SSV