• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Devaluation Yes Bank Lounge Access Spend Hike

Yes Bank has hiked the quarterly spend target for lounge access on YES Reserv from 10k to 35k. Received email today.
Changes effective July 1, 2024.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240320-184352.png
    Screenshot_20240320-184352.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20240320-184402.png
    Screenshot_20240320-184402.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 64

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
HDFC was the first one to come up with ridiculous spend criteria for lounge access (1L on Millennia), ICICI bank followed suit with 35k as well

Now every bank thinks that it's such a great idea ,Axis took it a bit too far with putying it on Magnus as well

I reckon we'll see others such as IDFC ,Scapia etc to increase their spend criteria as well ,not that i want it

Also as far as Yes is concerned, did not expect this on Marquee ,for a card with 10k joining and 5k annual ,it's a expected to give out lounge access wothout conditions attached

lightwaves

TF Premier
I think other banks also will start increasing the minimum spends for Lounge Access. It’s hitting their bottom line and they will want to cut down the losses. Eventually people have to spend to earn the access. The free access days are gone I guess.

CD.

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I think other banks also will start increasing the minimum spends for Lounge Access. It’s hitting their bottom line and they will want to cut down the losses. Eventually people have to spend to earn the access. The free access days are gone I guess.
if people dont spend money then there is no chance of making money via EMI and minimum dues

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
HDFC was the first one to come up with ridiculous spend criteria for lounge access (1L on Millennia), ICICI bank followed suit with 35k as well

Now every bank thinks that it's such a great idea ,Axis took it a bit too far with putying it on Magnus as well

I reckon we'll see others such as IDFC ,Scapia etc to increase their spend criteria as well ,not that i want it

Also as far as Yes is concerned, did not expect this on Marquee ,for a card with 10k joining and 5k annual ,it's a expected to give out lounge access wothout conditions attached
idfc chgd long back - lounges are in trouble atleast a 50 % drop in revenue.. minimum

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

icici was the first for this
they had 5k spend requirement for icici sapphire
then came idfc
then hdfc changed things and suit followed

lightwaves

TF Premier
yes.. thats why lounge devals have different dates may / june etc to exhaust what they have .. after that no bulk.. reduced buying by all banks... so drop in revenue..
Another way to look at it is, bargaining power of Lounge service providers is increasing, hence banks have to shell out more money, the effect is they are increasing the minimum spend criteria.

lightwaves

TF Premier
yes.. thats why lounge devals have different dates may / june etc to exhaust what they have .. after that no bulk.. reduced buying by all banks... so drop in revenue..
Another way to look at it is, bargaining power of Lounge service providers is increasing, hence banks have to shell out more money, the effect is they are increasing the minimum spend criteria.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I doubt.. i think banks are bargaining and cutting spends.. as over last few yrs the number of ppl using lounges for domestic travel just boomed leading to huge costs not mirrored in their spending.. lounges won't go beyond a certain price as they have sunk capital of real estate etc.. banks are throttling to cut costs.. all across all partners.. airlines / hotels / reward rates / lounges etc... full monty

lightwaves

TF Premier
I doubt.. i think banks are bargaining and cutting spends.. as over last few yrs the number of ppl using lounges for domestic travel just boomed leading to huge costs not mirrored in their spending.. lounges won't go beyond a certain price as they have sunk capital of real estate etc.. banks are throttling to cut costs.. all across all partners.. airlines / hotels / reward rates / lounges etc... full monty
Ummm interesting take