• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Yes Bank Credit Card Escalation to MD & CEO(LTF Yes First Exclusive Credit Card approved after multiple rejection)

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Dear @alanabraham @fatehbajwa @Souvik @hriday.haria @anirbanm @fatehbajwa @Extrovert🌃 @Batmanbaba @SMARTY_ANKUSH @prc1990 & all who are trying to fight with banks but thinking whether that will yield any result. So let me give confidence that if you can fight with proper facts & figures you will be on the gainer side always. Remember that I don't hold any savings account with them, no loan so not at all a high NRV Customer towards them still they had to process my application.

1. On February I applied for Yes First Exclusive Credit Card on Life Time Free.
2. When the guy came to collect the documents, he told me that it will be Life Free but when the tele verification happened, it was turned out to be a chargeable one.
3. I denied & the application got on hold. Escalated to local nodal officer, nothing happened.
4. I tried several channels(Via Twitter, Facebook) nothing happened, 2-3 times they raised the service request but every time rejected.
5. Then escalated to PNO, replied after 4 days that "No false commitment has happened with me"
6. Chased back threating escalating to RBI, raised another SR.
7. I got so much frustrated that escalated to their retail Head along with Operations Head.
8. Got the reply after 4 days that Exclusive Card can be processed but LTF pricing can't be processed.
9. Again brought all the chapter of RBI rules & regulations with hyperlinks for re-direction.
10. Raised a new SR but no reply for 4 days & sent a reminder keeping their MD & CEO Prashant Kumar.
11. Today they ultimately have approved Life Time Free Yes First Excusive Credit Card as an exception.

I have attached the entire trailing mail for everybody's reference, you can download & read if you have time.
I may have missed some important points, ask me here, I will respond to each one of you.

@TechnoFino I have posted this one intentionally in the General category since this could be an inspiration to many who are trying to fight with banks but backing off since they don't know the proper escalation matrix & how to threat them. After some days you can move this one under "Yes Bank" section.

@AllSeeker I can't thank you enough for all of this, the basic idea I got from you.
"Whenever there is an mistake, try to find opportunity"

Attachments

• Yes_Credit_Card_Escalation.pdf
    658.7 KB · Views: 1,144
Last edited:

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Later I heard from some other people too
It's not very uncommon
No, this happens, this happens in co-operative and local brand banks.

I know someone in Sangali district in Maharashtra who used to develop bank software and he would tell very often how tellers were the most against it since now even .00 would be counted, this reduced their daily earnings other than salary.

But its rare to see someone steal 10k like amount directly. I'm surprised you did not hire a lawyer. I would've, this is not about the money anymore its about punishing the thief. Think about it, you are fine with loss of 10k but someone else might be pushed in dire states, you have necessary tools and money to do something about it someone else might not. :unsure:

By the way, hiring a lawyer and sending just notice to bank and bank manager would've been enough for them caution and put extra surveillance on the said teller even if you didn't go further than that.

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
No, this happens, this happens in co-operative and local brand banks.

I know someone in Sangali district in Maharashtra who used to develop bank software and he would tell very often how tellers were the most against it since now even .00 would be counted, this reduced their daily earnings other than salary.

But its rare to see someone steal 10k like amount directly. I'm surprised you did not hire a lawyer. I would've, this is not about the money anymore its about punishing the thief. Think about it, you are fine with loss of 10k but someone else might be pushed in dire states, you have necessary tools and money to do something about it someone else might not. :unsure:

By the way, hiring a lawyer and sending just notice to bank and bank manager would've been enough for them caution and put extra surveillance on the said teller even if you didn't go further than that.
Just now had a brief discussion about it with him.
Gave him some ideas, what to do & how to do.

D

Deleted member 7241

Dear @alanabraham @fatehbajwa @Souvik @hriday.haria @anirbanm @fatehbajwa @Extrovert🌃 @Batmanbaba @SMARTY_ANKUSH @prc1990 & all who are trying to fight with banks but thinking whether that will yield any result. So let me give confidence that if you can fight with proper facts & figures you will be on the gainer side always. Remember that I don't hold any savings account with them, no loan so not at all a high NRV Customer towards them still they had to process my application.

2. When the guy came to collect the documents, he told me that it will be Life Free but when the tele verification happened, it was turned out to be a chargeable one.
3. I denied & the application got on hold. Escalated to local nodal officer, nothing happened.
4. I tried several channels(Via Twitter, Facebook) nothing happened, 2-3 times they raised the service request but every time rejected.
5. Then escalated to PNO, replied after 4 days that "No false commitment has happened with me"
7. I got so much frustrated that escalated to their retail Head along with Operations Head.
8. Got the reply after 4 days that Exclusive Card can be processed but LTF pricing can't be processed.
9. Again brought all the chapter of RBI rules & regulations with hyperlinks for re-direction.
10. Raised a new SR but no reply for 4 days & sent a reminder keeping their MD & CEO Prashant Kumar.
11. Today they ultimately have approved Life Time Free Yes First Excusive Credit Card as an exception.

I have attached the entire trailing mail for everybody's reference, you can download & read if you have time.
I may have missed some important points, ask me here, I will respond to each one of you.

@TechnoFino I have posted this one intentionally in the General category since this could be an inspiration to many who are trying to fight with banks but backing off since they don't know the proper escalation matrix & how to threat them. After some days you can move this one under "Yes Bank" section.

@AllSeeker I can't thank you enough for all of this, the basic idea I got from you.

@souvikdey2002 Dil khush kar diya.... abhi tak Maine RBI me 30 Complaint ki hai aur Facts, Evidence k saath... Aur Honourable RBI Ombudsman ne Hamesha Sahi ko Support kiya hai.. Good Fight...​

Ram1

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Same happened with me last year . Agent said ltf but it turned to be chargeable card.
I raised a complaint, then he called me and begged me entire day that he would loss job. I felt pity and left him.
Anyhow yes cards are useless will close it next month.

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Congratulations 👏

How were you offered Yes First Exclusive LTF as we can see in the screenshot? Was it based on salary? I have a Yes First Preferred LTF for almost like 6-7 Years now. But no upgrade or significant LE.

caabhi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Congratulations @souvikdey2002 !!!

You really stuck to the task and your perseverance paid off. Appreciate taking time out for documenting your battle for the benefit of the community. Kudos!

Oscar

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I applied for Yes Bank First Exclusive card on 2nd December through an Agent and was told LTF, but on 7th Dec, received and email from Yes bank saying that they are unable to approve my application.

To my surprise, yesterday I have received the card and got to know it's chargeable with a fee of 1999 + GST. Raised a complaint with yes bank and requested them to make it LTF as it was sent without my consent. They aren't ready to make it LTF but took the complaint. I don't think they will provide any resolution until I escalate.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I applied for Yes Bank First Exclusive card on 2nd December through an Agent and was told LTF, but on 7th Dec, received and email from Yes bank saying that they are unable to approve my application.

To my surprise, yesterday I have received the card and got to know it's chargeable with a fee of 1999 + GST. Raised a complaint with yes bank and requested them to make it LTF as it was sent without my consent. They aren't ready to make it LTF but took the complaint. I don't think they will provide any resolution until I escalate.
Did you take any proof when the agent told its LTF?

Recordings? Sign on application by agent mentioning LTF or even whatsapp chat/email communicating same?

If none of those things are available, I assure you, no matter where you escalate, they will not make it LTF.

Oscar

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Did you take any proof when the agent told its LTF?

Recordings? Sign on application by agent mentioning LTF or even whatsapp chat/email communicating same?

If none of those things are available, I assure you, no matter where you escalate, they will not make it LTF.
I just have whatsapp communication with agent where she mentioned there is no annual fee. But still, when they didn't approve, they shouldn't send the card after two months without customer consent is my point.