• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What's That Underdog Credit Card for You?

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
What’s that underdog card for you? For me it’s BOB Eterna

Base Reward Rate: 0.75%

Accelerated Reward Rate: 3.75% (capped at 5k pts/ month)

Ideal Spending / Month: 42,000 INR

It’ll qualify for annual milestones of 5 Lac & 50k for 20k pts &10k pts. It'll shoot the reward rate to 4.75 on annual spends of 5 Lac.

1RP= 25p as statement credit.

It has also joining fee waiver on 25k spends on first 60 days, which is amazing considering the value

IMG_2028.JPEG

Last edited:

fageriaji

TF Premier
For me its Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card...
1. Getting (25%) 300 CB every month for Airtel Mobile bill pay/recharges for family.
2. Getting (10%) 250-300 CB every month Electricity/ water bill payment.
Overall cashback in 2 category is around 550-600 for me. It will gives around 5600-7000 CB at the year end and the annual fees is 499+GST
Along with above 1% unlimited CB at online/offline spend expect rent and fuel.
I think it is must have credit card if you use any Airtel (Fiber/prepaid/postpaid/DTH) service.

kishorvr

TF Premier

It’ll qualify for annual milestones of 5 Lac & 50k for 20k pts &10k pts. It'll shoot the reward rate to 4.75 on annual spends of 5 Lac.

It has also joining fee waiver on 25k spends on first 60 days, which is amazing considering the value

IMG_2028.JPEG
The way Axis Magnus and HDFC Infinia is treated, everything else is an underdog?

kshitij_0

TF Ace
I have to say OneCard. Recently I have been using it a lot, for the instant discounts on bigbasket, swiggy. No Cost EMI offer on yatra. Even offline in bajaj electronics, where I got a cool instant discount. Not gonna lie, feels nice to use that shiny metal card :)
And here I am...not even taking OneCard...they are providing good limit as well.
I can't see any use case.
Do they reflect personal loan or CC in cibil?

rockking1994

TF Premier
wait what 15% on Bigbasket ?
Also does this card give cashback on top of other swiggy/zomato offer like instant 40 50 Rs off or 125 Rs off (match day mania) ?
I don’t know about bigbasket as I don’t use it much
But for swiggy yes you get 10% over and above for some coupon like swigyit and match mania basically if you can apply a cupon and pay with airtel card you will get 10% cashback

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
For me it's Axis Samsung infinite card. Most people got it for the 30k ER joining bonus and closed it after few months.
There is a lesser known feature about this card is it's return on Forex transaction.

You get 15 ER / 100
4.13% markup (3.5+ gst)
15 ER = 21.6 Rs (at accor 5:4)
= 17.47 net.
There is probably no card that give this type of return on forex for a joining fee of 5k.

It's not for everyone, because there are better ones like Axis Reserve, Citi Prestige etc. But for the joining fee and the category it is in, it's an underdog.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
For me it's Axis Samsung infinite card. Most people got it for the 30k ER joining bonus and closed it after few months.
There is a lesser known feature about this card is it's return on Forex transaction.

You get 15 ER / 100
4.13% markup (3.5+ gst)
15 ER = 21.6 Rs (at accor 5:4)
= 17.47 net.
There is probably no card that give this type of return on forex for a joining fee of 5k.

It's not for everyone, because there are better ones like Axis Reserve, Citi Prestige etc. But for the joining fee and the category it is in, it's an underdog.
If paired with an HNI card and until the segregation kicks in.

MilesMax

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Currently it is pure speculation. So enjoy and move the points regularly(if you can).
It's probably 99% sure because Magnus requires burgundy and Reserve requires burgundy private, if they don't segregate then a Burgundy user with Reserve would get 5:4 on reserve ERs too.

asimkumar

TF Select
RML Group

IMG_2028.JPEG
I would say Amazon Pay and Tata Neu Infinity are both amazing cards and easy to get. They are both giving insane value.