• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What's That Underdog Credit Card for You?

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
What’s that underdog card for you? For me it’s BOB Eterna

Base Reward Rate: 0.75%

Accelerated Reward Rate: 3.75% (capped at 5k pts/ month)

Ideal Spending / Month: 42,000 INR

It’ll qualify for annual milestones of 5 Lac & 50k for 20k pts &10k pts. It'll shoot the reward rate to 4.75 on annual spends of 5 Lac.

1RP= 25p as statement credit.

It has also joining fee waiver on 25k spends on first 60 days, which is amazing considering the value

IMG_2028.JPEG

Last edited:

shsinha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have a LTF Kotal Feast gold card. It is discontinued for new application. It gives me 10% cashback for all restaurant/food delivery/entertainment purchase (for monthly spend >5000). It is handy for all restaurants.

bugmenot

TF Ace
I have a LTF Kotal Feast gold card. It is discontinued for new application. It gives me 10% cashback for all restaurant/food delivery/entertainment purchase (for monthly spend >5000). It is handy for all restaurants.
It is delightful that the discontinued card gives great cashback. In current era, before discontinuing, it gets devalued first.

knight

TF Ace
For me , it's HDFC MILLENNIA , bcoz if someone has upto 20k spending per month on preferred merchants( Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, Zomato, swiggy, ) it's straight 5% . It is a single card that provides 5% on Amazon , Flipkart and Myntra . Yeah it has capping of 1000₹ but we all know how UNLIMITED CASHBACK advertisement of Axis cards has gone wrong .
Too many issues of getting accurate cashback .
Too many restrictions .
Too many cancellation of cards😂 due to UNLIMITED USAGE . There is nothing unlimited .
For me , there's no single instance where I got less cashback on HDFC MILLENNIA , it'always accurate or some small amounts extra 😍.
Millenia has been the king for me as well. It's LTF so i dont ever have to worry to reach any targets or recover my fees. Gives decent cashback.

Although i want to back it up with a card that would balance spends on other online merchants. 1% cb kinda feels less there (Airbnb, lenskart, other ecom merchants etc.)

abhishek0882

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have seen the referral offers with FYF and reduced annual fees but not came across LTF offers for this. Can you share how did you get it LTF?
I got it LTF as I have the Gold Charge as well. However, every year I call them and my Gold Charge fee is waived as well. So for all practical purposes, both the cards are LTF for me.

abhishek0882

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My underdog card, in fact it is two cards, are Amex Gold Charge and MRCC. MRCC is LTF and for the last 7 years or so since I hold the Gold Charge, they have waived off the fee every year, so that is practically LTF as well. Reward rates with the 6000 spends on both the cards and 20000 spend on MRCC makes it great. The best part is wallet load and fuel transactions also count towards these easily achievable milestones. So one can still focus on spends on Magnus as wallet and fuel transactions take care of the Amex milestones which anyways would not count for Magnus milestones. Has best transfer value for Marriott Bonvoy Points. To top it all off, the best customer service quality off all credit card providers, hands down. Having these cards are worth it even if to just experience the quality of service.

logu

TF Buzz
My underdog card, in fact it is two cards, are Amex Gold Charge and MRCC. MRCC is LTF and for the last 7 years or so since I hold the Gold Charge, they have waived off the fee every year, so that is practically LTF as well. Reward rates with the 6000 spends on both the cards and 20000 spend on MRCC makes it great. The best part is wallet load and fuel transactions also count towards these easily achievable milestones. So one can still focus on spends on Magnus as wallet and fuel transactions take care of the Amex milestones which anyways would not count for Magnus milestones. Has best transfer value for Marriott Bonvoy Points. To top it all off, the best customer service quality off all credit card providers, hands down. Having these cards are worth it even if to just experience the quality of service.
Currently I'm holding MRCC. If I get plat travel will mrcc fees get waived off in future?