• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What are the best ways to redeem Axis Magnus ER points (Edge Rewards) AFTER the devaluation?

skywatcher404

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
After the recent devaluation, I'm not sure what to buy with my 23k ER points. I had earlier bought Turkish Airlines miles. I'm ok with hotel/airline miles/vouchers, if the INR value is good!

saurabhduasd

TF Select
ITC is 1:1 redemption and you can use for stay/dine in/online ordering
The actual value ITC points give is quite less since a Rs 20k room often costs upwards of 40k points or above

My vote still goes to Accor as their hotels are reasonably priced and each Accor point is worth Rs 1.8 so as 5:2 redemption actually becomes 5:3.6 in rupee terms

Gun17

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
The actual value ITC points give is quite less since a Rs 20k room often costs upwards of 40k points or above

My vote still goes to Accor as their hotels are reasonably priced and each Accor point is worth Rs 1.8 so as 5:2 redemption actually becomes 5:3.6 in rupee terms
Accor is 10:1 now right?. I used the ITC points to get the culinaire during the promotion which is a pretty good deal for about 20k points (2 nights)

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It was never 1:1. It was 5:4. Now it's 5:2 or worse for all, but I think ITC had some bonus points transfer going on.
Yes that i knew. The scheme is to get 30% extra green points but then we need to convert 20k greent points worth or ER to get that bonus

Axis EDGE Magnus Reward Queries:

Experts pls help
a) Is converting edge points to amazon gift card is a good idea
OR
b) Is converting edge points to Mariott or ITC is a better idea

There is not rush since no travel is planned any sooner, but yes don't trust axis with their current points devaluation and points reversal horror stories.

1711111105983.png

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Axis EDGE Magnus Reward Queries:

Experts pls help
a) Is converting edge points to amazon gift card is a good idea
OR
b) Is converting edge points to Mariott or ITC is a better idea

There is not rush since no travel is planned any sooner, but yes don't trust axis with their current points devaluation and points reversal horror stories.

1711111105983.png
AFAIK ITC Green points have 1 year validity and Marriott have 3 years of validity based on the recent activity.

If you are not avid traveler and doesn't fit well you can chose Amazon Pay vouchers which can be used for utility and shopping. But you have large amount of ER's. Plan according to your preferences.