• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Ways to get IDFC First Wealth Credit Card

Hi,

Is there any way to get IDFC Bank Wealth Credit Card.

I got IDFC Millennia Credit Card a year ago, but always wanted to get IDFC's higher variant Credit Card.

Did open a savings bank account with a 1L+ MAB to improve relationship. Tried several times through mailing customer care for and upgrade, but of no avail.

Since Wealth Credit is one of the premium credit cards on LTF criteria, it has been long on my wishlist.

Can someone please help me out in tips or tricks to attain the Wealth Credit Card or how to get a response from IDFC Bank since they are extremely dormant in responding.

ADITYA1904

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Even i have hdfc infinia with 8L limit and 2-3 years old but they only approved select with 2L limit, even they didnt have hdfc infinia in their dropdown menu, i have to write in hdfc infinia international credit card like
Close to 13 lakhs n 8.2 Yr old infinia
Even i have idfc professional loan of 26L relationship and loan relationship since 9-10 years i dont know how their algorithm works

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Even i have hdfc infinia with 8L limit and 2-3 years old but they only approved select with 2L limit, even they didnt have hdfc infinia in their dropdown menu, i have to write in hdfc infinia international credit card like
yeah i had to write down infinia too, i did had select 2 lakhs limit from jan 2022 to march 24th 2023, cancelled select and applied looking for wealth and i was eligible somehow

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I tried the "different phone number" approach thanks to @Jetstone

Timeline of events: (I'm self empolyed)
  • Applied in jan 2022 - it showed me select with 1.5 limit and c2c of any cc extra 50k , total 2lakhs
  • In January 2023, I came across a mention of a trick for canceling a Select card and applying through a different phone number @anirban.choudhury mentioned it. Initially, I was hesitant to cancel my lifetime free (LTF) card as it would be a loss. However, months later, I found @Jetstone's post confirming that the trick worked and realized that I wasn't the only one facing upgrade issues from Select to Wealth.
  • On Feb-March - I requested a credit limit increase and an upgrade from my existing Select card to Wealth.
  • On March 14th, I received an email stating that they couldn't offer me an upgrade.
  • On March 24th, a friend advised me to close my Select card as he was closing his due to having too many credit cards. I followed his advice and submitted a request for card closure. However, I had already canceled my card without checking my statement and later found out that I had reward points worth three digits.
  • On March 25th, I learned that I could apply for a new card within the next hour or day. So, I waited a few days before deciding to apply again. Even though there was a chance of rejection, I still wanted to try.
  • On March 28th, I applied for the card and entered my salary of 3 lakhs. The application process only asked for my address, credit card name, and limit without any income documents or statements. for c2c hdfc infinia with 12.84 limit (8.2 yr old )
  • After completing the Vkyc process, I received an approval message and email within 10 minutes. The card will be dispatched within 5 working days, and there was no call for verification.
  • Surprisingly, I was able to view the card in my mobile app even though I used a different phone number.

few thing to consider had 1 rejection in feb 4th 2023 and haven't applied for any new cc in 4 something months, cibil is 793 and experian too is 824.
In summary, the "different phone number" approach worked for me, it seem there is no cooldown period this can change (who know) and apply for the Wealth card with an adjustment to my net income.

Attachments

• FB44C252-5AA9-44E7-A7CC-91EA3FE642A6.jpeg
    FB44C252-5AA9-44E7-A7CC-91EA3FE642A6.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

sharma

TF Premier
Hello guys,

I have upgraded my card from millennium to select in January.
But to my surprise I'm still able to use my old card.
Is it possible in IDFC to use old card as well after upgrading?

amitalpha

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
He has cridit limit available till 6-7 lakhs but i didn't put in any Credit card just Salary and it showed Wealth card without any income proof. Although both of the cards are not approved yet.
His card was approved today only , mine is still under process . Don't know how they work , i applied first but my brother's card got approved and card is also issued without any verification.