• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

UPI issue with Axis Bank SB account

tuhin

TF Premier
Hi,

One of my friends is facing one bizarre issue, he is using Axis Bank SB Account but his account can't be fetched through any UPI app via a registered mobile number. He had tried to change the mobile number from the Axis Mobile app but his new number can't help him to find the same.

We had approached Axis Customer Care as well as Branch but still, no one is helping us properly.

If anyone is facing a similar issue, could you please guide us on what to do?

Thanks

AsB

TF Ace
Hi,

One of my friends is facing one bizarre issue, he is using Axis Bank SB Account but his account can't be fetched through any UPI app via a registered mobile number. He had tried to change the mobile number from the Axis Mobile app but his new number can't help him to find the same.

We had approached Axis Customer Care as well as Branch but still, no one is helping us properly.

If anyone is facing a similar issue, could you please guide us on what to do?

Thanks
Check if the bank people have registered his number by adding 91 or +91 in their records.

tuhin

TF Premier
I remember updating mobile number through ATM once... Maybe you can try that.
@AsishB Changed mobile number through Axis MB app. It's now starting with 9199XXXXXXXX with no 00 prefixes. Tried with the UPI app too, but it's not fetching. Waiting for another 24 hours for batch replication with the NPCI system.

AsB

TF Ace
@AsishB Changed mobile number through Axis MB app. It's now starting with 9199XXXXXXXX with no 00 prefixes. Tried with the UPI app too, but it's not fetching. Waiting for another 24 hours for batch replication with the NPCI system.
Also, try to remove 91. And make a transaction (small one) to see, where you get the SMS.

AsB

TF Ace
2012, will try to remove 91 too. I don't think that it can be possible
Okay. Sometimes, the system automatically adds 91 to the number, as banks allow NRI accounts as well. So, you may have two 91s (like 919190xxxxx....). Also, is he getting SMS to his registered number for any transaction?
Anyway, give it a last try, or else branch visit would be your last option.

hariselio

TF Premier
Mobile number is something like 009199XXXXXXXX

Is this format correct?
I checked in my account, it's showing same format format with + prefix. +00919999999999. Still UPI works for me.

As i mentioned, try updating through axis ATM once, mostly it should work.

Last edited:

AsB

TF Ace
Are you an Axis Bank customer? :unsure:

If yes please confirm with me whether you can use UPI with this number format... Currently, he has exact same format.
Yes. And Yes. I can use the number. But, he said that there were two 91s added. Like 91 from the system, and 91 in his mobile