• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

UPI issue with Axis Bank SB account

tuhin

TF Premier
Hi,

One of my friends is facing one bizarre issue, he is using Axis Bank SB Account but his account can't be fetched through any UPI app via a registered mobile number. He had tried to change the mobile number from the Axis Mobile app but his new number can't help him to find the same.

We had approached Axis Customer Care as well as Branch but still, no one is helping us properly.

If anyone is facing a similar issue, could you please guide us on what to do?

Thanks

tuhin

TF Premier
Yes. And Yes. I can use the number. But, he said that there were two 91s added. Like 91 from the system, and 91 in his mobile
Unfortunate!!! We googled this issue, seems there are other customers across various banks, who are facing a similar type of issue.

Lastly, I was also a SIM collector. Especially I liked various telco companies SIM Wrap & plastic cards :ROFLMAO:

Post-employment, I turned into a Bank lover, like to use/collect multiple BAs, CCs, DCs etc...

Same as you... Don't know why!!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

AsB

TF Ace
Unfortunate!!! We googled this issue, seems there are other customers across various banks, who are facing a similar type of issue.

Lastly, I was also a SIM collector. Especially I liked various telco companies SIM Wrap & plastic cards :ROFLMAO:

Post-employment, I turned into a Bank lover, like to use/collect multiple BAs, CCs, DCs etc...

Same as you... Don't know why!!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yes. I had this exact same issue with UCO Bank. It took the branch two days to figure out the issue. And the problem was they had added 91, so , my number was 91917xxxx.
And about that SIM Collector thing :ROFLMAO: .
Before SIM collection, I was a Pen Collector.

Anyways, ask him to visit the branch. It is likely that the server have not been updated with his mobile number yet.

tuhin

TF Premier
Yes. I had this exact same issue with UCO Bank. It took the branch two days to figure out the issue. And the problem was they had added 91, so , my number was 91917xxxx.
And about that SIM Collector thing :ROFLMAO: .
Before SIM collection, I was a Pen Collector.

Anyways, ask him to visit the branch. It is likely that the server have not been updated with his mobile number yet.
Yeah, he already visited. Seems, that our local Axis Bank branch doesn't take care Account related issues much post opening :ROFLMAO:. They are only interested in opening new accounts. If you need a service 'f*ck off' type attitude. We both are already pissed off with their ultra superior services.

Kinda the same too, though I used to store Fountain Pen not ball pen. Even, though I use Fountain Pen, purchasing Fountain Pen on offer still :p

• Hehe
Reactions: AsB

Bob78900

TF Premier
Hi,

One of my friends is facing one bizarre issue, he is using Axis Bank SB Account but his account can't be fetched through any UPI app via a registered mobile number. He had tried to change the mobile number from the Axis Mobile app but his new number can't help him to find the same.

We had approached Axis Customer Care as well as Branch but still, no one is helping us properly.

If anyone is facing a similar issue, could you please guide us on what to do?

Thanks
Hey brother you can try adding any new number which is not linked to any axis bank account and remove old one. And then check upi works or not. If it works then go to bank again and delete this new number and tell them to update your previous number again.
Don't give them any explanation just go and say i want to update my number thats it if this solution works then go to Bank again after 2-3 days. And again say i want to update my number give them your old previous number.
Actually i am saying this because my father had a kind off similar issue this method worked.
You can try

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
If u want to add.... Action into ur life then only go with axis... It should be last for all your banking needs..... I have experienced in 3 months of account opening.... Unmatched adventure

AsB

TF Ace
If u want to add.... Action into ur life then only go with axis... It should be last for all your banking needs..... I have experienced in 3 months of account opening.... Unmatched adventure
That is correct. If the person has thought that s/he is being hated by everyone, well, the person should open an account with Axis, just so s/he can hate someone

tuhin

TF Premier
@Batmanbaba @AsishB I don't know why do I have to struggle for silly things with Axis Bank. Most of the employees are as bad as any PSBs. They have half-cooked knowledge always. Once, I went to the branch to issue one ATM Chip Card (information collected from here) for my name as I was facing a few issues with NetBanking/Mobile Banking. First of all, their employees are not aware of ATM Chip Card, constantly saying about Debit Cards only. After a few mins, I was literally frustrated & walked out. The same happened with VAS Charges too. I deactivated it a few years back, and suddenly they started charging me. I fought with them like a hell. The irony is that they deducted Credit Card SMS alerts as chargeable from my SB Account. When I asked them for clarification, they were justifying Credit Card SMS deduction as a valid one. Even, I escalated the same to Nodal & they were saying the same. Either they don't have any banking idea or try to justify ill methods of deducting charges. Literally, Axis Bank belongs to some other universe where we don't exist. The perfect 'Pappu' of Indian Private Bank.

tuhin

TF Premier
my friend's UPI issue was finally resolved. He approached the branch once again along with Nodal Officer's help. They advised him to change the debit card(earlier he was using the Visa Platinum variant, now issued Secure+ which is default with Easy Access presently). Yesterday, a new DC was given from the branch (again lots of follow-ups) & UPI started working.

I am seriously clueless that how can debit card upgrade (earlier charges were 236 now 354) helped him to enable UPI ! It's Axis! They are seriously in some other dimension. :ROFLMAO:

AsB

TF Ace
my friend's UPI issue was finally resolved. He approached the bank once again along with Nodal Officer's help. They advised him to change the debit card(earlier he was using the Visa Platinum variant, now issued Secure+ which is default with Easy Access presently). Yesterday, a new DC was given from the branch (again lots of follow-ups) & UPI started working.

I am seriously clueless that how can debit card upgrade (earlier charges were 236 now 354) helped him to enable UPI ! It's Axis! They are seriously in some other dimension. :ROFLMAO:
They were indirectly asking you to pay Rs 100 more to activate UPI