• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Removing UPI from bank accounts

KGSIPO

TF Buzz
Many banks will allot upi with our phone number during installation of mobile app without our knowledge.How to find and remove such UPIs. There are problems having phone number as UPI identity. Somebody puts wrong number and creates problems

Last edited:

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
There are option for deregister UPI, go through same.

And which bank are you talking about? I have almost all bank accounts and I had register first for use UPI.

Last edited:

KGSIPO

TF Buzz
There are many incidents reported due to putting of one wrong number unintentionally while typing the number in UPI resulting in freezing of account by the other party complaint

yusuf646

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There are many incidents reported due to putting of one wrong number unintentionally while typing the number in UPI resulting in freezing of account by the other party complaint
Do you mean you wouldn't want to receive any funds in your account due to someone's mistake? For this reason, having your phone number as your UPI ID is the best choice in my opinion because no one will send money without verifying the receiver's name. So if anyone mistakenly enters a wrong number, they'll see a completely different name and won't send any money.