• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade Air India Award Ticket

akash25ch

TF Buzz
RML Group
I have bought 2 Air India economy flights to Europe through Turkish miles. Is their any way I can get this upgraded to business using miles program of Air India or some other airlines? I tried by calling Turkish, they said not possible need to connect with Air India only

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have bought 2 Air India economy flights to Europe through Turkish miles. Is their any way I can get this upgraded to business using miles program of Air India or some other airlines? I tried by calling Turkish, they said not possible need to connect with Air India only
just curious, were you able to upgrade these tickets?

akash25ch

TF Buzz
RML Group
just curious, were you able to upgrade these tickets?
no, they are asking me to check at the time of checking in at the airport as this booking is through partner. Also they are not able to do any modifcations as their system works on Ticket number and no ticket number exists for Turkish airlines bookings.

laser00

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
no, they are asking me to check at the time of checking in at the airport as this booking is through partner. Also they are not able to do any modifcations as their system works on Ticket number and no ticket number exists for Turkish airlines bookings.
Pls update what is the response at airport. I am also curious. Turkish has a separate Start Alliance upgrade site, did you try that?

akash25ch

TF Buzz
RML Group
Pls update what is the response at airport. I am also curious. Turkish has a separate Start Alliance upgrade site, did you try that?
Will update. Air India is saying another thing as well that you can't redeem points for award flight.

Turkish already wasn't even able to correct a surname error on their side for the same flights. They had to cancel and refund me full amount and I had to call them to make a new booking