• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

United MileagePlus Air India and Vistara Flights not visible for award redemption

kumarvishwas

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone,

Was planning for a trip to Paris during April this year and had transferred good number of points to United Mileage Plus and till last year I was able to see the Vistara flights on United's website for award booking, but since last few months they have suddenly disappeared, the flight has award seats as checked on the CV program but United doesn't shows it.

Has anyone booked a Vistara or Air India flight in past few days? Is there any way to see the award availability online for Air India and Vistara flights or the only option check for award availability is by chatting or calling the United Customer care?

Please let me know if someone has experience with regarding to this.

Reactions: CD.

kumarvishwas

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
call united custome care
and also if you wanted to book vistara seats why not book directly?

lesser taxes?
I don’t have enough points in Vistara to book to and fro from India to Paris for 2 people, can book one way for two people, while I have around 1.2 lac points lying in United Plus so thought of using it now.

SM24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone,

Was planning for a trip to Paris during April this year and had transferred good number of points to United Mileage Plus and till last year I was able to see the Vistara flights on United's website for award booking, but since last few months they have suddenly disappeared, the flight has award seats as checked on the CV program but United doesn't shows it.

Has anyone booked a Vistara or Air India flight in past few days? Is there any way to see the award availability online for Air India and Vistara flights or the only option check for award availability is by chatting or calling the United Customer care?

Please let me know if someone has experience with regarding to this.
I agree.

Mileage Plus (United) has entered past Aeroplan (Air Canada) territory in the Indian context - domestic redemptions not visible.

I too had transferred a chunk of points hoping to use it for later.

Let's hope it gets sorted out, like Aeroplan eventually did.

Aeroplan shows Flying Returns (Air India) availability quite a lot - Economy & Business and Club Vistara Economy availability.

kumarvishwas

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
so book united award seats only na
Yup that’s the plan, let me check with United over call regarding the availability.

Another doubt I had was in my passport my name is mentioned as :
First Name : ABC XYZ
Surname : Empty

While creating account on United the customer care updated my name based on my passport as :
First Name : ABC XYZ
Surname : LNU

So I asked them earlier if I book a Vistara/Air India flight will this name format create an issue and they told that no it won’t.

But on Vistara’s name policy I see it tells to check mark some box like Missing Last Name(https://www.airvistara.com/in/en/namerules) or write First Name in both First Name and Last Name fields.

So booking with United with ABC XYZ LNU will create an issue or would it be fine?

Vistara and AI is currently unavailable and not bookable in United. I did a recent EU trip and chased United for the same Vistara flight. All in vain. Currently only LH and swiss is bookable in EU routes not even LOT!
You may try the LH route though via munich and you get to travel in their brand new A350-900s

Salvator

TF Buzz
noo can only find crap airlines like egypt and LOT, cannot see any united, vistara, AI, Swiss, Lufthansa, Turkish, Swiss or any other good airline??
what is happening