• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Air India Flying returns - revamp

ALOAK

TF Premier
If one has to purchase vistara voucher what would be the cost fornpremium eco and business voucher. Any idea how much it would cost? Else upgrade vouchers

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Is the new A380 aircraft still fying on domestic routes? Would be worth to book a economy seat then and upgrade to business using vouchers
I travelled from Delhi to Bangalore Premium Economy on the A350 few days back. It's a decent product but no way I'll be paying 11k for it again. You can try booking redemption ticket on business cabin if you have enough points.

They are adding A350 on Delhi-Mumbai as well so you can try.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is the new A380 aircraft still fying on domestic routes? Would be worth to book a economy seat then and upgrade to business using vouchers
I recently booked Economy flex (revenue) on MUM BLR sector and upgraded to business class using 7200 miles on A350. Did it two days prior to AI revamp. Now it is not possible with such low miles it seems

catcat

TF Select
Can someone having SBI Air India Premier switch to SBI Vistara Prime? The reason I'm evaluating this is I want to hold onto the silver membership (I got Gold from Axis CV, and then I surrendered, so it got downgraded after 1 year)

Dragon_slayer

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I travelled from Delhi to Bangalore Premium Economy on the A350 few days back. It's a decent product but no way I'll be paying 11k for it again. You can try booking redemption ticket on business cabin if you have enough points.

They are adding A350 on Delhi-Mumbai as well so you can try.
Will try once they merge vistara with air-india. Will buy economy and upgrade to business class using 2 upgrade vouchers

Harsha896

TF Select
Anyone has info on taxes part for Air india award flights? Not able to see, as I don't have any FR points.
Its almost same as vistara in comparison. But one downside i am seeing is getting max value for points in Air India is harder.
I compared Hyd-Delhi route as i had only ~6k points with me on air india. Here you can see i couldnt find the best value (5k points) for 1 single trip until July. Before July its varying between 7.5k to 12k. Whereas for vistara i could get a single trip ticket for 5k this month itself.
ai.PNG 1712341022710.png

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Its almost same as vistara in comparison. But one downside i am seeing is getting max value for points in Air India is harder.
I compared Hyd-Delhi route as i had only ~6k points with me on air india. Here you can see i couldnt find the best value (5k points) for 1 single trip until July. Before July its varying between 7.5k to 12k. Whereas for vistara i could get a single trip ticket for 5k this month itself.
ai.PNG 1712341022710.png
Yeah, least value fare is for 3+ months. Max value fare is for 1 week to 3 months. And prime fare is for within 1 week. I like this differential pricing, as most of my bookings are 5-6 months in advance.

Most importantly, Air India has way more availability at least right now. I read on one forum saying things like all seats are available, but that doesn't seem right, as it clearly shows the number of seats available. Also, I didn't find any seat on some international routes on nearby dates.

Ramakgmc

TF Buzz
For redemption, AI system may be better as seat availability is not limited as in Vistara.
Good value for your points would depend on how much price escalation happens due to dynamic pricing near the date of travel and will vary from sector to sector.