• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Understanding Hard enquiries made by bank to bureaus

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
Hi,
In CIBIL, in the enquiries section we only see a one liner info about the hard enquiry made by the bank

Eg <date> <bank_name> <enquiry_type>

Likewise in Experian Bureau the same info is shown but with a little more details like purpose, query amount etc.

I had a few questions related to same:

1. When bank does a hard enquiry for cc application, does the credit report sent by bureau to bank EXACTLY the same that we get when we check ourselves?
I mean are there any more details or in-depth hidden details in the report that bureaus provide to bank?

2. Lets say there was one hard enquiry in my cibil profile which was invalid , and later when I requested to bank they suppressed it (as they use this term).
What does this actually do.?? (I know it will be no longer visible to me afterwards in the report)
Will this erase everything about that particular enquiry from the bureau records. Lets say if another bank pulls a hard enquiry on my profile after, will the other bank get to know about the same suppressed hard enquiry ??

Last edited:

unusedbrain1

TF Premier
Ho
Hi,
In CIBIL, in the enquiries section we only see a one liner info about the hard enquiry made by the bank

Eg <date> <bank_name> <enquiry_type>

Likewise in Experian Bureau the same info is shown but with a little more details like purpose, query amount etc.

I had a few questions related to same:

1. When bank does a hard enquiry for cc application, does the credit report sent by bureau to bank EXACTLY the same that we get when we check ourselves?
I mean are there any more details or in-depth hidden details in the report that bureaus provide to bank?

2. Lets say there was one hard enquiry in my cibil profile which was invalid , and later when I requested to bank they suppressed it (as they use this term).
What does this actually do.?? (I know it will be no longer visible to me afterwards in the report)
Will this erase everything about that particular enquiry from the bureau records. Lets say if another bank pulls a hard enquiry on my profile after, will the other bank get to know about the same suppressed hard enquiry ??
How to identify hard & soft enquiry .show some sample 🥲

BeingIncog

TF Ace
Good one 🤣 But i can use your already used brain for this one
haveli pe ao, spoonfeed karta hu.
creepy-doll-from-ghost-of-goodnight-lane.gif