• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unauthorized credit inquiry

Legionomous

TF Buzz
As the title indicates, I recently checked my CIBIL score and it dropped by 8 points and noticed the culprit to be
Member Name: INDIAN BANK
Account Type: Credit Card

Strangely, I have neither applied for a credit card nor opened an account with this bank, yet it appeared on my record. I promptly filed a dispute with CIBIL, only to receive a response advising me to contact Indian Bank for necessary corrections.

Adding to the confusion, while Indian Bank doesn't appear under Enquiry Information in my CIBIL report, it is listed under Account Information. After expanding the INDIAN bank further in account information, it says the date opened to be 11/2/2024 while the credit was hit on 26/3/2024. Next, I opened up my notifications and see that it is marked under "New Account" on 26/3/2024 and Account type = Credit card but the description says: A new loan account has been seen in your CIBIL report.

Not sure on how to proceed further with this. I don't think walking into an Indian Bank would help at all. Need some advise from experts.

_amit_

TF Premier
CIBIL can not modify it.
Creating a CIBIL dispute helps in getting the PNO email address if not known already.

Download and share the CIBIL report with the concerned bank PNO email shared by CIBIL as response (or find online) asking for suppression of the enquiry.

sidp

TF Ace
As the title indicates, I recently checked my CIBIL score and it dropped by 8 points and noticed the culprit to be

Strangely, I have neither applied for a credit card nor opened an account with this bank, yet it appeared on my record. I promptly filed a dispute with CIBIL, only to receive a response advising me to contact Indian Bank for necessary corrections.

Adding to the confusion, while Indian Bank doesn't appear under Enquiry Information in my CIBIL report, it is listed under Account Information. After expanding the INDIAN bank further in account information, it says the date opened to be 11/2/2024 while the credit was hit on 26/3/2024. Next, I opened up my notifications and see that it is marked under "New Account" on 26/3/2024 and Account type = Credit card but the description says: A new loan account has been seen in your CIBIL report.

Not sure on how to proceed further with this. I don't think walking into an Indian Bank would help at all. Need some advise from experts.
Contact indian bank customer care toll free no right away and report fraud. Tell them You haven't applied any cc or loan but it is reflected in your cibil. Tell them You won't be liable for any fraudulent transactions. Record the call.

Then mail nodal officer for the same with your cibil report. Ask to suppress enquiry as you haven't authorized it. Check other credit bureaus as well.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

have u applied for any credit card recently?

Legionomous

TF Buzz
I
one card has Indian bank tieup.. possible?? One card??
I think you may have cracked the reason. I just saw my One Card and the limit is same as the credit report and it also got approved around February 2024. Is that normal for all the One card user as I believed it was through SBM bank. But, thanks for the input.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I

I think you may have cracked the reason. I just saw my One Card and the limit is same as the credit report and it also got approved around February 2024. Is that normal for all the One card user as I believed it was through SBM bank. But, thanks for the input.
cool so Indian bank one card is what is Urs :)