• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Two mysterious loans in my Experian credit report

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I recently generated my first Experian credit report using OneScore. Some of the accounts that are there in my CIBIL report are missing the Experian report, which is ok. However, I also see two loans from SBI in my report that got opened in Mar 2017 but dont have any outstanding. I have never taken a personal loan, definitely not from SBI. These two accounts were never there in CIBIL.

Any idea, what these could have been? Should I look into disputing these or just let it be?

Screenshot 2023-10-17 220654.png

Screenshot 2023-10-17 220820.png

Vishal N

TF Select
It would be easier and wiser to contact SBI grievances and then escalate for deletion if you believe it's not yours. Atleast find out whether it's some identity fraud or maybe something else being reported as personal loan

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Will disputing these lead SBI to report these to CIBIL as well?
No. If they are not yours then SBI cannot legally report these loans in your name.

Rather than going through customer service raise this directly with SBI grievance & serve the email as notice, if nothing happens follow up 2-3 times in 30 days and keep those communications as proof of notice / reminders. After 30 days escalate with the Rbi ombudsman if they don’t remove the loan. This will also make it clear if any fraud has happened or not.

Let Sbi prove it if they believe you took the loan or a credit line. If not they need to remove it.

Once again you if you haven’t taken the credit same should not have been reported.

addy

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I recently generated my first Experian credit report using OneScore. Some of the accounts that are there in my CIBIL report are missing the Experian report, which is ok. However, I also see two loans from SBI in my report that got opened in Mar 2017 but dont have any outstanding. I have never taken a personal loan, definitely not from SBI. These two accounts were never there in CIBIL.

Any idea, what these could have been? Should I look into disputing these or just let it be?

Don't worry i also have entries of exactly same dates in my experian report. Its something done from SBI side only (may be to show increase in no. of loan accounts that time)

Don't worry i also have entries of exactly same dates in my experian report. Its something done from SBI side only (may be to show increase in no. of loan accounts that time)

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
No. If they are not yours then SBI cannot legally report these loans in your name.

Rather than going through customer service raise this directly with SBI grievance & serve the email as notice, if nothing happens follow up 2-3 times in 30 days and keep those communications as proof of notice / reminders. After 30 days escalate with the Rbi ombudsman if they don’t remove the loan. This will also make it clear if any fraud has happened or not.

Let Sbi prove it if they believe you took the loan or a credit line. If not they need to remove it.

Once again you if you haven’t taken the credit same should not have been reported.
Thanks, will do.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
One thing I have heard, is that one's credit score is always lesser if they have a personal loan compared to one who doesn't. If the account was atleast closed, I would been happy that it will fall off after 7 years, but it is still in open state.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It is very weird in that case, either SBI or Experian screwed up majorly. If it were in US, folks could have bandied together to get a class action lawsuit going on.

mailmenow

TF Premier
I could see that an unauthiored Enquiry in the name "EXPERIEN GPD CLIENT". How a credit information company can check the Credit Enquiry behalf of customers??? I already raised the concern on 17-JAN-2024. But Whenever I am calling they informed me that they couldn't find any dispute raised with the automated reference number provided. I smell something fishy as I got a mail on the next day after raising the dispute stating that"we are working on your query". But they keep saying that they couldn't find any dispute raised with EXPERIEN GPD CLIENT. Does they intentionally done the same by not raising any dispute as the enquiry institution name is showing as"EXPERIEN GPD CLIENT"?? Any idea??

Attachments

• Picsart_24-03-26_14-28-39-125.jpg
    Picsart_24-03-26_14-28-39-125.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 6

mailmenow

TF Premier
I could see that an unauthiored Enquiry in the name "EXPERIEN GPD CLIENT". How a credit information company can check the Credit Enquiry behalf of customers??? I already raised the concern on 17-JAN-2024. But Whenever I am calling they informed me that they couldn't find any dispute raised with the automated reference number provided. I smell something fishy as I got a mail on the next day after raising the dispute stating that"we are working on your query". But they keep saying that they couldn't find any dispute raised with EXPERIEN GPD CLIENT. Does they intentionally done the same by not raising any dispute as the enquiry institution name is showing as"EXPERIEN GPD CLIENT"?? Any idea??
I Escalated the same to their principal nodal officer,nodal officer multiple times regarding the same. None of them replied me back with a single reply. PNO, nodal of EXPERIAN BUERO are waste