• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CITIBANK Loan/Overdraft account being shown in my CIBIL report

Quantum

TF Premier
Hi,

In my CIBIL report, I see that a CITIBANK Loan/Overdraft account was reported from Citibank.
It is shown under "Closed Accounts" -> Loans -> Overdraft
Please refer the attached screenshot with this post.

Whereas, I have never opted for any Loan/Overdraft account from Citibank in the last 10 years relationship.
I only have a salary (Suvidha) account and had one Citi credit card (which is closed now) that was given at the time of account opening.
But I see that Citi had submitted data for some Loan/Overdraft account in my name.
Has it impacted my Cibil score?
How can I get this verified and corrected?

Thanks.

Attachments

• cibil.jpg
    cibil.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 21

Quantum

TF Premier
contact citi team first and ask them the same
Just contacted them over phone and they said that I have only used 2 of their products i.e. Suvidha acc and a CC.
They said we don't see any 3rd product with OD acc or loan account.
I shared the OD account number as well, and they said that they can't find anything with that number or against my profile.
They asked me to send the screenshot over email id. This is the update as of now.

helloworld

TF Legend
It is Citi ready credit which usually activated when you opened salary account (some extra sign or checkmark for that), and that was closed within 3 months.

It's been 10 years, and closed accounts never impact score.

You can ignore but for more clarity (whether you applied or not), check bank statements during that mentioned period. You might forgot.

Still, if you sure didn't open this account, raise a dispute in CIBIL and see for their response.

Based on that check with Citi. But first make sure you never opened ready credit account, which I'm sure because at the time of salary account opening they might have taken extra signs under those boxes along with credit card. But its closed means, either you requested to close it or Salary not credited for those 3 months.

Do check bank statements during that period, you'll get to know more about it. And follow-up with Citi if you absolutely certain, remove that.

Again, closed account that too one more than 3 years no impact on score unless if you miss some payments in those accounts.

Quantum

TF Premier
It is Citi ready credit which usually activated when you opened salary account (some extra sign or checkmark for that), and that was closed within 3 months.

It's been 10 years, and closed accounts never impact score.

You can ignore but for more clarity (whether you applied or not), check bank statements during that mentioned period. You might forgot.

Still, if you sure didn't open this account, raise a dispute in CIBIL and see for their response.

Based on that check with Citi. But first make sure you never opened ready credit account, which I'm sure because at the time of salary account opening they might have taken extra signs under those boxes along with credit card. But its closed means, either you requested to close it or Salary not credited for those 3 months.

Do check bank statements during that period, you'll get to know more about it. And follow-up with Citi if you absolutely certain, remove that.

Again, closed account that too one more than 3 years no impact on score unless if you miss some payments in those accounts.
Thank you so much for the detailed response!
After your response, I checked all my monthly statements from Citi from Feb 2013 to July 2013. None of the statements has any detail or mention about this account. In fact, the Overdrafts row is blank (__) for all these months in every statement. That means that there was no such account associated with my salary account. And salary has been getting credited to this account each month without any gap since its inception.
Also, I never requested to close this OD account because I didn't even know that there was such an account reported to CIBIL. I only came to know about this 1 week back when I checked my CIBIL report for closed account. CRIF also shows this OD account. Experian doesn't show this account. Yet to check Equifax.

I already raised a dispute in CIBIL on Sep 30. Waiting for their response.
Also, wrote an email to Principal Nodal Officer Citi regarding the same.