• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Two HDFC bank accounts

navonline7

TF Premier
Can I have two HDFC bank accounts, one salary and one savings? I already have a salary account with HDFC Bank, However, I'm considering opening a Savings Max account by closing my IDFC First Select account and routing all the proceeds (idle funds, FDs and RDs) from it to HDFC Bank, to improve my relationship with them. Anything I need to keep in mind before going down this route?

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Can I have two HDFC bank accounts, one salary and one savings? I already have a salary account with HDFC Bank, However, I'm considering opening a Savings Max account by closing my IDFC First Select account and routing all the proceeds (idle funds, FDs and RDs) from it to HDFC Bank, to improve my relationship with them. Anything I need to keep in mind before going down this route?
No you can have two accounts with HDFC. My father has two separate accounts with them.

helloworld

TF Legend
Salary account always improve your relationship with the bank, if salary is no longer credited to that account then you can covert it as Savings Max. I do not think two accounts in same bank will provide any benefits rather it will give you maintenance issue, along with which debit card belongs to which account, UPI when activated need to check from which account debited etc.

Suggestion: Since you already have salary account, and need another account look for alternative banks where you want their credit card, good interest rate loans, locker, or good relationship.

Or open account in the same bank under your family members name and improve their relationship with that bank, sometimes they might be lucky to get best offers.

Vipsssy

TF Select
VIP Lounge
One benefit I can see if
you will get 2 debit cards

and if you pay your cc bill using Debit card (platinum) you will get max 750 + 750 cashback or 1% each for paying the cc bill through HDFC bill pay.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
One benefit I can see if

and if you pay your cc bill using Debit card (platinum) you will get max 750 + 750 cashback or 1% each for paying the cc bill through HDFC bill pay.
Yes
But 1% of 1500 is like 150000 per month which is a very high ceiling

I don't think even magnus card holders will have 2 hdfc accounts to get 1% more value out of their spends

navonline7

TF Premier
yeah, my monthly spends are not anywhere around 1.5 lakhs, so I'm not looking at this second HDFC account from the debit card PoV. The Rs. 750 cashback from my current debt card is more than enough for CC payments
One benefit I can see if

navonline7

TF Premier
According to my limited knowledge account can be salary but tiers are based on MAB/NAV - so like if your salary is 75k but you are maintaining 1L in account then you can have classic
ahh ok...I tried asking for details to someone from my home branch, he himself was confused
I don't even have an RM assigned...are RMs not assigned to HDFC salary accounts?

bismaj

TF Select
ahh ok...I tried asking for details to someone from my home branch, he himself was confused
I don't even have an RM assigned...are RMs not assigned to HDFC salary accounts?
Check if you have HDFC classic salary account or not? bcz RM's benefit starts with their classic account and upwards.