• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC started downgrading accounts?

devsfinance

TF Premier
Hello Everyone,

I had opened a salary account after taking advice from forum. So got a 0 balance account salary account, I asked them to upgrade account to get better CC offers.

They had upgraded my account to Imperia. Recently I received mails for maintaining balance in my account.

IMG_5673.png

Seems like they have also started actively downgrading accounts.

Any suggestions how can stop the downgrade? Or is it worth trying for Imperia status?

Attachments

• IMG_5673.png
    IMG_5673.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 74

DK007

TF Buzz
What is the email subject line?

Have a word with your RM and check if he can assist you.(Although he might try pushing some investment policies against maintaining the imperia status). Based on my experience there won't be any major difference in between imperia and other varients unless you opt for a free locker or trying to get infinia card.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone,

I had opened a salary account after taking advice from forum. So got a 0 balance account salary account, I asked them to upgrade account to get better CC offers.

They had upgraded my account to Imperia. Recently I received mails for maintaining balance in my account.

IMG_5673.png

Any suggestions how can stop the downgrade? Or is it worth trying for Imperia status?
For imperia obusly they will

Hdfc spare you for 2-3 quater then downgrade message start ..but thats ok u can upgrade again

If u maintain there is no downgrade ...
Much much better than axis

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone,

IMG_5673.png

Every quarter end, they will send this.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone,

IMG_5673.png

You sure its a salary account? It does mention 3L salary credit option then

Infinite

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Normally No ..
Once you start getting notifications, HDFC will eventually downgrade without notification after the downgrade.

Last month, seven people whom I know personally got their account downgraded from Imperia to Classic!!

Upgrade again shouldn't be difficult

Last edited:

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Once you start get notifications, HDFC will eventually downgrade without notifications.

Last month, seven people I know got account downgraded from Imperia to Classic!!

Upgrade again shouldn't be difficult
True, that’s why we need to confuse the system by maintaining at least 60 to 70 % of MAB at the end of a quarter for about a week or two, to avoid the downgrade

Paras

TF Select
VIP Lounge
There is core difference here.
Unlike Axis burgundy , priority which is account type.
I hdfc account type is different and preferred and imperial are program.

Their program enrollment is technically different than you type of account and thus they may and may not strictly follow the program criteria

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Their program enrollment is technically different than you type of account and thus they may and may not strictly follow the program criteria
True true .
Same is with induslnd

devsfinance

TF Premier

That's correct. I called the person who had opened my account, he also told me that it is indeed 0 balance salary account. This downgrade warning seems to be for the program only.