• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Downgrade kotak privy league platinum account

ramandeep

TF Premier
I am currently holding kotak salary privy league platinum account, and now my company decided to shift salary account to another bank. So I want to downgrade my kotak account as can't mantain privy league balance. So can you tell me which is better account to downgrade with 10k balance and is there any way to get debit card lifetime free either virtual or physical. Also is debit card necessary to use kotak services or can all services can be used without debit card especially for upi n online transaction n password reset services?

Infamous

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Also is debit card necessary to use kotak services or can all services can be used without debit card especially for upi n online transaction n password reset services?

I'm using 811 account for the past 2 years and haven't felt the need to use debit card. They give you a virtual card in the app itself. If you want to withdraw cash, you can also do that without a physical debit card.

ramandeep

TF Premier
They will auto downgrade your account, else enjoy the benefits.

Do not do yourself. There is no AMC charges, so do not worry.
I found about kotak classic account with 10k balance and free classic debit card.. but also read somewhere that its available for semi urban and rural areas only. Is it true,?

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I found about kotak classic account with 10k balance and free classic debit card.. but also read somewhere that its available for semi urban and rural areas only. Is it true,?
Now in Kotak, If you want to open any kind of account, you would have to visit the nearest branch.
So better check there.
I got to know from my ex Kotak RM who left Kotak after this fiasco, that they even have stopped opening accounts offline. Their software has some major glitch and not able to sustain the huge number of customers they have right now.

ramandeep

TF Premier
Now in Kotak, If you want to open any kind of account, you would have to visit the nearest branch.
So better check there.
I got to know from my ex Kotak RM who left Kotak after this fiasco, that they even have stopped opening accounts offline. Their software has some major glitch and not able to sustain the huge number of customers they have right now.
I don't want to open new account just downgrade it to classic

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I don't want to open new account just downgrade it to classic
You are a privy customer just dial 1800 266 6666 directly from your registered mobile. They will connect your call directly without long hold on IVR.
They will answer your all questions.
Kotak is going through a tough time and they might not able to provide all services digitally. Just try the phone call. it would hardly take 2 mins.

_amit_

TF Premier
Is Kotak strict with its eligibility criteria and salary credit notifications?

If not, then as other members pointed out, no need to downgrade from your end.
Let them notify you of any downgrade if they want to do. That way you can just ask them to downgrade to whatever account you want.
Go ahead if you wish otherwise.

I had pointed out some things about salary account earlier, take a look at it if you want.
For now, since this year only Axis have been started to downgrade salary account as per their rules, other banks are flexible maybe because their system is not that robust.

shashank08

TF Premier
I am currently holding kotak salary privy league platinum account, and now my company decided to shift salary account to another bank. So I want to downgrade my kotak account as can't mantain privy league balance. So can you tell me which is better account to downgrade with 10k balance and is there any way to get debit card lifetime free either virtual or physical. Also is debit card necessary to use kotak services or can all services can be used without debit card especially for upi n online transaction n password reset services?
You can look for edge account which require 10K MAB..
You dont need to have DC to access net/mobile banking and do the transactions like NEFT.
As other folks have suggested.. wait for auto downgrade and then look for conversion to edge variant and without DC.

ramandeep

TF Premier
You can look for edge account which require 10K MAB..
You dont need to have DC to access net/mobile banking and do the transactions like NEFT.
As other folks have suggested.. wait for auto downgrade and then look for conversion to edge variant and without DC.
How edge is better than classic? I see classic has free debit card

anonymuos

TF Ace
You have some good choices when they do decide to downgrade your salary account to a Savings account:

- Kotak Solo account (0 balance account) with chargeable Visa Classic debit card
- Kotak Pro account (20K MAB) with free no charge Visa Classic debit card
- Kotak Everyday Savings account (15K MAB) with FYF RuPay Platinum debit card (20% off on Amazon on bills, 20% on Swiggy, 30% on EazyDiner), 20% on BookMyShow

These are all available in Urban/Metro location because I've had these at various points of time (account was converted between these various schemes until I realized Everyday account was worth the benefits)