• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Transaction Blocked] Mobikwik now accepting Amex for Rent Payment

Aditya12

TF Premier
I randomly opened Mobikwik today and noticed that it now accepts Amex for rent payment which it did not from the past few days.
The charges are around 2.36%

I don’t think amex charges any additional amount and since rent payments are not in exclusions for milestone and membership rewards, you should get that benefit.

Attachments

• IMG_1772.jpeg
    IMG_1772.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1773.jpeg
    IMG_1773.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 105

Buttman

TF Premier
Not much. May be 250. Which card do you have, if it's MRCC, you can check 18k and 24k collection where you'd get way better value.
I did apply for Mrcc and it was approved and is on its way. From what I’ve heard, we get 1000mr on 1500x4 and more 1000mr on spending 20k in a calender month. Hence was enquiring considering that 1% fee could be recovered using Hdfc dc so was calculating if mobikwik method can net me in positive or not in terms of value inspite of paying the mobikwik charges.

Also wanted to ask, for 1500x4 should each transaction be of 1500 exclusively? Or it can be 1000 for one, 500 for the other, 2000 for one 1000 for the other etc.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I randomly opened Mobikwik today and noticed that it now accepts Amex for rent payment which it did not from the past few days.
The charges are around 2.36%

I don’t think amex charges any additional amount and since rent payments are not in exclusions for milestone and membership rewards, you should get that benefit.
Thanks for letting us know... 2.36% is not bad..

Aditya12

TF Premier
I did apply for Mrcc and it was approved and is on its way. From what I’ve heard, we get 1000mr on 1500x4 and more 1000mr on spending 20k in a calender month. Hence was enquiring considering that 1% fee could be recovered using Hdfc dc so was calculating if mobikwik method can net me in positive or not in terms of value inspite of paying the mobikwik charges.
20k spends milestone is upon registration only. Make sure to register for that. 20k milestone starts working once the registration completes (takes 2-3 days).
If Mobikwik method will work or not for you, it depends upon your rent, spend pattern etc. You'd have to calculate how much you're loosing and what are the benefits if you'll achieve the milestone.

Also wanted to ask, for 1500x4 should each transaction be of 1500 exclusively? Or it can be 1000 for one, 500 for the other, 2000 for one 1000 for the other etc.
Each transaction should be at least for 1500. If you're paying at a store, you can ask them to split the transaction. I do that at petrol station. My tank gets full usually for 3100-3400. So one transaction for 1500 and another one for somewhere between 1600-1900. I do the same at Star Bazar. If I know I've bought enough to cross 3000 Rs mark, I request them to split the bill once the amount crosses 1500 mark.
Otherwise you can add 1500 four times on Amazon pay and use that to pay bills, shopping, book flights etc. If you want to add in Amazon Pay, buy vouchers from Gyftr Rewards Multiplier and you'd get 2X rewards on MRCC.

Random123

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Aditya12

TF Premier
Also might be a dumb. But can you pay rent to yourself? I mean one of your own accounts using your own pan?
Last month I paid Rs 2000 to my Dad using cred (not amex) just to check and it went through but I would not risk transferring to myself because that's a red flag for them. Not sure if you can do that in Mobikwik. From what I see though, it appears that it would not stop you from transferring to anyone.
If you want quick money, you can add money to paytm wallet and then transfer to a bank account, of course you'll loose around 2-2.5%. But remember, doing this regularly may get you temporarily banned.

Last edited:

D₹V

TF Prestige
abba-nahi-manengey-3idiots.gif

R@ndomiz€r

TF Select
I called MobiKwik customer care because my rent payments were failing and they mentioned that AMEX cards are blocked for Rent pay. It can be used for wallet loading, bill pay and other services but not rent payment. So this officially means no service accepts AMEX cards for paying rent. Must be the high MDR or compliance issues of foreign based card issuers.