• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Tata Neu Infinity ADD ON FOR

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Think the best option is to fill up a form and get it signed by the add on holder(not primary holder). I will try that. Take a screenshot and also email escalations team just in case. Suggest you do the same.

Dont waste time on atm update. Thats not designed for add on credit card number update.
Went to branch where after a wait I got to meet Customer Experience Officer. She says the branch is new and there is no credit cards person in the branch and so they can't take any form! :mad:

She asked me to call phone banking, who say they can't do anything--go to ATM or branch!

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Went to branch where after a wait I got to meet Customer Experience Officer. She says the branch is new and there is no credit cards person in the branch and so they can't take any form! :mad:

She asked me to call phone banking, who say they can't do anything--go to ATM or branch!

UPDATE: After the experience at the branch where the officer didn't call back, I wrote to Grievance Redressal and I've got replies that they will revert in 4-5 days. Meanwhile, my RM also woke up and called me yesterday evening and said he would sort it by tomorrow as May 1 is a bank holiday. Fingers crossed!

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No. Had written back to customer care and they are still working on it.

HDFC certainly takes their time to work on things! Can hardly call themselves nimble. I see ICICI is far more responsive and quicker. I raised a query regarding reward points on ICICI and the phone banker said she couldn't get the data now and that SHE WOULD CALL BACK.

I thought I heard wrong -- I asked, "You want me to call back later, right?"

She said no, she would. I thought, what rubbish, who calls back from Indian banks and forgot about it.

2 days later she actually called back and gave me the info I was looking for.

3 days after I visited the branch and they said they had no clue, the HDFC Customer Experience officer who promised to call me back since she had no answers at the branch is still to call me back. I'm sure she will call me for investments when her monthly target is due at the end of the month though. :sneaky:

rajantech

TF Buzz
HDFC certainly takes their time to work on things! Can hardly call themselves nimble. I see ICICI is far more responsive and quicker. I raised a query regarding reward points on ICICI and the phone banker said she couldn't get the data now and that SHE WOULD CALL BACK.

I thought I heard wrong -- I asked, "You want me to call back later, right?"

She said no, she would. I thought, what rubbish, who calls back from Indian banks and forgot about it.

2 days later she actually called back and gave me the info I was looking for.

3 days after I visited the branch and they said they had no clue, the HDFC Customer Experience officer who promised to call me back since she had no answers at the branch is still to call me back. I'm sure she will call me for investments when her monthly target is due at the end of the month though. :sneaky:
Very true. There is huge difference in ICICI and HDFC customer services.

4 months ago I opened wife's and kids accounts in HDFC (I thought I was upgrading them from BoB). They had really frustrating experience.
Last week I had to shift them to ICICI. And they are too happy with the experience.

rajantech

TF Buzz
HDFC Cards customer care is now asking to fill a form and send it to Chennai for change of mobile number. Same form that @sm9811911 had recommended. I have replied back (copying priority redressal) that I would not be interested to put in more time and energy on this. If they have an easy way out, its fine, otherwise lets leave it.

Another worry is their technical system. The form asks for details of Primary card. If I still fill-up details of add-on card and request to change mobile number, then not sure, if the number would get updated for primary as well, OR, the spends on the add-on card wont get counted in the primary card account. :rolleyes:

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
HDFC Cards customer care is now asking to fill a form and send it to Chennai for change of mobile number. Same form that @sm9811911 had recommended. I have replied back (copying priority redressal) that I would not be interested to put in more time and energy on this. If they have an easy way out, its fine, otherwise lets leave it.

Another worry is their technical system. The form asks for details of Primary card. If I still fill-up details of add-on card and request to change mobile number, then not sure, if the number would get updated for primary as well, OR, the spends on the add-on card wont get counted in the primary card account. :rolleyes:

Pathetic. And this is regular, day-to-day customer service. Guess RBI comes in only when the feces has truly hit the ceiling.

Am close to dumping my add-on card and wife is not interested in her Tata Neu Infinity too, given this. Which is sad considering its a decent card.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

I suggest fill the form with add on details and send to grievance.cc email. Say something you tried to send offline but form is lost etc.

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This form worked. Signed and emailed to grievance team (escalation guys did not resolve; so raised the complaint to grievance team).

Number updated after 2 days.

@rajantech @joshuatree

Grievance Redressal wrote to me yesterday and said they would be updating my mobile number on the add-on card in 2 working days. Didn't ask for a form to be filled. They mentioned the right mobile number (linked to my Cust ID) that will be linked.

Will keep you guys updated on whether this happens by Tuesday.

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Grievance Redressal wrote to me yesterday and said they would be updating my mobile number on the add-on card in 2 working days. Didn't ask for a form to be filled. They mentioned the right mobile number (linked to my Cust ID) that will be linked.

Will keep you guys updated on whether this happens by Tuesday.

UPDATE: Checked this evening and it is done. My HDFC Tata Neu Infinity add on card is finally linked to my mobile number and not that of the primary cardholder. While earlier I could see the card on Credit Cards on Netbanking, I couldn't add to HDFC My Cards because it wasn't linked to my mobile number. Now that it is linked to my mobile number I could add the card to HDFC My Cards. However, card controls (Limits / Online / Contactless / ATM / Domestic / International) can only be changed by the primary cardholder. Did a transaction and got OTP to my mobile.

Can't believe it has taken 10 days for a simple mobile number update.

@rajantech @sm9811911

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
UPDATE: Checked this evening and it is done. My HDFC Tata Neu Infinity add on card is finally linked to my mobile number and not that of the primary cardholder. While earlier I could see the card on Credit Cards on Netbanking, I couldn't add to HDFC My Cards because it wasn't linked to my mobile number. Now that it is linked to my mobile number I could add the card to HDFC My Cards. However, card controls (Limits / Online / Contactless / ATM / Domestic / International) can only be changed by the primary cardholder. Did a transaction and got OTP to my mobile.

@rajantech @sm9811911
You will be able to change limit etc in your online banking

jeevanreddy58

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I forgot to send passport photo along with form for add on card request..
Wil they consider it bcaz last month I have done for same person for other card.. got it.. though photo was sent along with form..
Or they will email me for soft copy.. or reject ?
Any experiences ?

aamaadmi

TF Select
VIP Lounge

@rajantech @sm9811911
upi is working?

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I forgot to send passport photo along with form for add on card request..
Wil they consider it bcaz last month I have done for same person for other card.. got it.. though photo was sent along with form..
Or they will email me for soft copy.. or reject ?
Any experiences ?

I used the Request Add-on option on Netbanking. Didn't ask for photograph since through this system bank already has photo of add-on cardholder as they have to be a HDFC Bank customer too.

1715018268997.png