• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Tata Neu Infinity ADD ON FOR

joshuatree

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Screenshot 2024-04-22 164350.png

Received this reply from Cards Services. Will wait for sometime to have it sorted, as the transaction limit on primary card is still Rs 5000.

But surprisingly, I have already done one transaction (not UPI) on add-on card. But its still under processing.
Infact their message of out for delivery, delivered, set PIN etc comes after the job is done. ;)

Though seeing lot of efforts from HDFC in digital transformations. Hope the people at HDFC also become less sarkari.

I got my add on card too (I am the add on card holder, spouse is primary card holder). Was able to activate and set it up via MyCards app on primary cardholder's phone. Only issue was that my mobile number was not updated, so when I called phone banking they asked me to ensure ATM usage was allowed in Controls and said using ATM option I could register my mobile number on the card.

Quite simple -- in ATM menu went to more options, clicked on Register / Update Mobile Number. Added it and the ATM asked me to remove my card and insert my HDFC Bank debit card and said number would be same across both. Done in 2 mins.

rajantech

TF Buzz
I got my add on card too (I am the add on card holder, spouse is primary card holder). Was able to activate and set it up via MyCards app on primary cardholder's phone. Only issue was that my mobile number was not updated, so when I called phone banking they asked me to ensure ATM usage was allowed in Controls and said using ATM option I could register my mobile number on the card.

Quite simple -- in ATM menu went to more options, clicked on Register / Update Mobile Number. Added it and the ATM asked me to remove my card and insert my HDFC Bank debit card and said number would be same across both. Done in 2 mins.
Great. Do also confirm if you have been able to add it to your UPI apps and its usable to scan and pay UPI payments.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

So, you entered your own debit card and changed number on that? And you are saying that will change the add on credit card's phone number?
Let us know if this works like you intended.

joshuatree

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Great. Do also confirm if you have been able to add it to your UPI apps and its usable to scan and pay UPI payments.
The updation of mobile number doesn't seem to be complete. I completed the process at the ATM, but may be it takes a day or so.

Won't be able to use on UPI because my HDFC relationship is connected to a mobile number not on UPI.

joshuatree

TF Select
VIP Lounge
So, you entered your own debit card and changed number on that? And you are saying that will change the add on credit card's phone number?
Let us know if this works like you intended.
I inserted the Tata Neu add credit card into the ATM. Clicked on More. Then Update / Change Mobile number. Keyed in mobile number. Repeated. ATM machine then asked me to insert my debit card and said new mobile number would be updated across HDFC Bank cards and bank account. Inserted debit card and got a screen acknowledgement (if I remember right).

I just realised the mobile number updation has not happened (3 hours later) and OTPs are still going to Primary cardholder. Perhaps it takes a day or so.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I inserted the Tata Neu add credit card into the ATM. Clicked on More. Then Update / Change Mobile number. Keyed in mobile number. Repeated. ATM machine then asked me to insert my debit card and said new mobile number would be updated across HDFC Bank cards and bank account. Inserted debit card and got a screen acknowledgement (if I remember right).

I just realised the mobile number updation has not happened (3 hours later) and OTPs are still going to Primary cardholder. Perhaps it takes a day or so.
let us know the outcome, may take 3-5 days.

Alternative is calling cust care and asking to update number on said add on.

rajantech

TF Buzz

'new mobile number would be updated across HDFC Bank cards and bank account'

Hope it doesnt changes the mobile number across the primary card and the main account holder's accounts also. ;)
Do keep a watch.

joshuatree

TF Select
VIP Lounge
let us know the outcome, may take 3-5 days.

Alternative is calling cust care and asking to update number on said add on.
I called Cust Care and was told mobile number updation must be done at ATM or branch. Said Phone Banking or Net Banking can't do it.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I called Cust Care and was told mobile number updation must be done at ATM or branch. Said Phone Banking or Net Banking can't do it.
They took my request to update or call. So, its possible. But its been 4 working days, number has not been updated.
For one of the cards, I had also given the written request by visiting branch.

Let’s see. Not very streamlined.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Whats the status of your request? Have you started receiving Otp on the add on’s mobile?
My request got canceled: so cant update mobile over call. These hdfc cc executives keep on changing their statement.

rajantech

TF Buzz
Just to update from my side:
The process doesnt seem to have been completed as of now.

2 days ago, there was an auto-generated email from card maintenance marked to my email ID, but addressed to wife that her address and contact details have been updated on the add-on card.

As the UPI was still not working, wrote back to customer care with screen shots of payzapp and paytm.
Waiting for them to resolve it.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

2 days ago, there was an auto-generated email from card maintenance marked to my email ID, but addressed to wife that her address and contact details have been updated on the add-on card.

As the UPI was still not working, wrote back to customer care with screen shots of payzapp and paytm.
How did you update the contact?

its_karan

TF Ace

Thanks for this update

joshuatree

TF Select
VIP Lounge

It has been FOUR days and HDFC Bank has still not updated my mobile number on the add on Tata Neu credit card. This despite the fact that when my spouse applied for the add on card my HDFC Bank Customer ID was also provided and I've been banking with them for over 2 decades and have their most premium card. I called them again on Saturday and they rudely said it can take 24-48 hours and if not done to go back and try via ATM. As if all we have time for is to dance to their tunes. Still, went to the ATM since its nearby and did it, and now 48 hours later, mobile update is still not done. The lady in phone banking asked if I got an acknowledgement, which I did not. After I inserted my add on credit card into the ATM and updated mobile number, it asked me to insert my debit card and the animated hourglass came and then disappeared with a ping. Nothing more happened. The process seems very poorly designed if there's no acknowledgement SMS or on the screen.

And it seems phone banking has no record of customer requests placed. How convenient for them!

Will go to the branch attached to the ATM today and if they act smart on this, will just cut up the card and throw it in the dustbin. Let HDFC bear the loss of card printing, dispatch, etc.

So many Indian banks don't seem to have basic tech and processes in place.

joshuatree

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Whats the status of your request? Have you started receiving Otp on the add on’s mobile?
My request got canceled: so cant update mobile over call. These hdfc cc executives keep on changing their statement.

Yeah, HDFC customer care for basic cards is renowned for clueless statements. They must be taking monkeys from somewhere and placing them as customer care executives. And paying them peanuts.

No one seems to know basic processes like mobile number updation. And why that is even necessary when my Customer ID was mentioned during add-on application is in itself a mystery! The add-on card shows in my netbanking profile but OTPs go to primary cardholder. Should have been mapped to my mobile number if the card is already mapped to my Customer ID. Idiots!!!

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yeah, HDFC customer care for basic cards is renowned for clueless statements. They must be taking monkeys from somewhere and placing them as customer care executives. And paying them peanuts.

No one seems to know basic processes like mobile number updation. And why that is even necessary when my Customer ID was mentioned during add-on application is in itself a mystery! The add-on card shows in my netbanking profile but OTPs go to primary cardholder. Should have been mapped to my mobile number if the card is already mapped to my Customer ID. Idiots!!!
Think the best option is to fill up a form and get it signed by the add on holder(not primary holder). I will try that. Take a screenshot and also email escalations team just in case. Suggest you do the same.

Dont waste time on atm update. Thats not designed for add on credit card number update.

rajantech

TF Buzz
How did you update the contact?
Think this was based on my previous email to customer care on 21st April about the inability to use card on UPI.
Customer care had replied on 22nd April that its under processing.
Not sure if this email of maintenance on 26th April was due to that or an automatic internal process.

rajantech

TF Buzz

At least your add on card is showing in the holder profile.
In my case the add on card is still not reflecting in holder's profile. It only shows-up in primary card holder account as add-on card.