• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Tata Neu Infinity ADD ON FOR

joshuatree

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have applied for the card, add-on card holder is HDFC bank customer so the process was very easy. But got one question though about the neu coins, it will be transferred to my mobile no linked neu card account right?
Did you get the add-on card and is card number different (so it can be used on UPI)?

joshuatree

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Can someone who has got a Tata Neu Infinity add-on card confirm that HDFC Bank now provides add-on cards with a different number than primary card so it be used on the add-on card holder's UPI?

Thanks in advance!

aamaadmi

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Can someone who has got a Tata Neu Infinity add-on card confirm that HDFC Bank now provides add-on cards with a different number than primary card so it be used on the add-on card holder's UPI?

Thanks in advance!
cc: @Saipsy
I personally don't think add-on holders will be able to add and use this card for their upi payments.

joshuatree

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
cc: @Saipsy
I personally don't think add-on holders will be able to add and use this card for their upi payments.
Some have said in the thread above that HDFC Bank Customer Care has confirmed that add-on card holders now get cards with card number different from the primary card and can thus use it for UPI. Just wanted to check if there were folks who have actually got such cards.

rajantech

TF Buzz
Some have said in the thread above that HDFC Bank Customer Care has confirmed that add-on card holders now get cards with card number different from the primary card and can thus use it for UPI. Just wanted to check if there were folks who have actually got such cards.
I had spoken to HDFC customer care. They have confirmed this. The Tata Neu Infinity add on card would be a different number and the holder can use it for UPI.
I have applied for add on card today for wife. Would confirm in couple of days once it arrives.

joshuatree

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I had spoken to HDFC customer care. They have confirmed this. The Tata Neu Infinity add on card would be a different number and the holder can use it for UPI.
I have applied for add on card today for wife. Would confirm in couple of days once it arrives.

Thank you @rajantech -- look forward!

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It’s working now as they said. Many have confirmed.

aamaadmi

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Please post the update, we are eagerly waiting. Thanks

joshuatree

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have also applied for an add on Tata Neu Infinity card. Fingers crossed. My other problem is that my HDFC core card and relationship is on one mobile number (MAIN) while my UPI is on another number (SECONDARY). Was the same with ICICI but one phone call and they ensured only one credit card was on the UPI number (SECONDARY) while everything else (account and another credit card) remained on MAIN mobile number.

Hoping HDFC obliges too. Anyone has this experience where HDFC allows you to use 2 cards on two different mobile numbers?

rajantech

TF Buzz
@joshuatree @aamaadmi
Received the Tata Neu Infinity add-on card today (though was not expecting courier delivery on Sunday).

Good Part:
It has different number from primary card.
It got automatically added to my HDFC account and mycards both. Started showing as add-on card with proper name.

Now the bad part:
It is not reflecting in wife's account and her mycards section. Not linked to her mobile number.
Not able to register the card under any UPI app registered under wife number (tried Paytm, Payzapp, Tata Neu).

Have sent an email to customerservices.cards. Hopefully they are able to resolve it.
Will try till priority.redressel. If not resolved than will cancel this card.

NOTES:
I did not try to register this card in any of my wallet/UPI based apps. As this would have created another technical situation to get it transferred to wife's number.
The OTP is coming on mine mobile number. Thats fine. For UPI we have to set PIN. OTP is not needed.

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-21 at 4.23.22 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-04-21 at 4.39.25 PM.jpeg

ME_55

TF Buzz
@SSV you said to apply again in ipl time
everyday i am checking in tata neu app, still it's showing sorry msg
is there any way to get this card?

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@joshuatree @aamaadmi
Received the Tata Neu Infinity add-on card today (though was not expecting courier delivery on Sunday).

Good Part:
It got automatically added to my HDFC account and mycards both. Started showing as add-on card with proper name.

Now the bad part:
It is not reflecting in wife's account and her mycards section. Not linked to her mobile number.
Not able to register the card under any UPI app registered under wife number (tried Paytm, Payzapp, Tata Neu).

Have sent an email to customerservices.cards. Hopefully they are able to resolve it.

NOTES:
I did not try to register this card in any of my wallet/UPI based apps. As this would have created another technical situation to get it transferred to wife's number.
The OTP is coming on mine mobile number. Thats fine. For UPI we have to set PIN. OTP is not needed.

WhatsApp Image 2024-04-21 at 4.23.22 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-04-21 at 4.39.25 PM.jpeg
Call hdfc customer care, ask them to change mobile number. They do it over call

joshuatree

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
@joshuatree @aamaadmi

Good Part:

Now the bad part:

NOTES:

Thanks for the update, @rajantech

What you're saying seems so frustrating! UPI is a mobile-based system that by its very definition is to facilitate inter-bank transactions through mobile phones. What's the point of different card numbers if mobile number linked to the card is that of the primary cardholder? Also, leave alone UPI, for any online transaction using the card you would need an OTP from the primary cardholder if this is the case.

Hope it's a one-off goof-up that will be sorted and HDFC isn't this unwise.

rajantech

TF Buzz
Screenshot 2024-04-22 164350.png

Received this reply from Cards Services. Will wait for sometime to have it sorted, as the transaction limit on primary card is still Rs 5000.

But surprisingly, I have already done one transaction (not UPI) on add-on card. But its still under processing.
Infact their message of out for delivery, delivered, set PIN etc comes after the job is done. ;)

Though seeing lot of efforts from HDFC in digital transformations. Hope the people at HDFC also become less sarkari.

joshuatree

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Screenshot 2024-04-22 164350.png

Received this reply from Cards Services. Will wait for sometime to have it sorted, as the transaction limit on primary card is still Rs 5000.

But surprisingly, I have already done one transaction (not UPI) on add-on card. But its still under processing.
Infact their message of out for delivery, delivered, set PIN etc comes after the job is done. ;)

Though seeing lot of efforts from HDFC in digital transformations. Hope the people at HDFC also become less sarkari.
Be happy it's not Kotak. No one knows anything there. They send you virtual card but no way to set PIN because your number is not activated. Number gets activated 4 days after you get virtual. And no intimation on dispatch of card, etc. Just comes one day. There seem to be no systems at all!