• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Suggestions to utilize Reward Points accumulated before 5:2 devaluation (1Lac Points+)

lucknowrox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

As the thread title suggests I have accumulated around 1 Lac + points in the ER portal and expecting to receive the monthly bonus for April by July end. Now the inherent reaction looking at the upcoming devaluation is to immediately convert the points to a suitable Miles/Hotel FFP.

I was looking at first converting to ITC green points (75K points to 60K GP's) since that provides me the flexibility to further transfer it to Mariott Bonvoy points. Beyond I will have around 60-70K points leftover which I am confused about what to do. I was looking at the Accor conversions as well but somehow I'm unable to get a hang of their program and where to utilize the points.

I guess many of the fellow members must be facing a similar dilemma therefore any suggestions will be more than welcome.

Thanks

Last edited:

Aslam921

TF Buzz
The best answer would be Accor, only down side to Accor is that the validity of the point is 1 year apart from that the value it give is unbelievable, I have transferred considerable amount of points to Accor and used it wisely in staying leading properties like Pullman, Novotel, Mercury etc in various cities like Paris, Geneva, Helsinki etc.

The converstion rate is very simple, every 2000 Accor live limitless points is equivalent to 3550 Rupees, for eg if you have 50000 points in your Accor live limitless account then it is worth, 50000/2000 = 25, 25*3550 = 88750 Rupees.

The best thing is, redemption is very easy, you just select the property from their app, select the type of room, upon reaching the payment page there is an option which you can select which says 'pay using points' and you are done.

Aslam921

TF Buzz
Also apart from Hotel, in case you are looking at transferring it to Air miles then United Air is the best choice is what I feel, because UnitedAir has tie up with almost all major airlines (Vistara, Singapore Airline, Lufthansa, Thai Air etc) and reward flight booking is very easy and the Air mile requirement is also lower than what they ask for in the official website.

raji

TF Buzz
Better Options for frequent travellers is to plan which places they intend to travel in next few years; this is to maximise use of remaining ER points.
For International travellers..
1) If intend to travel to West ... Europe/Americas/south americas... best partner to transfer is Turkish Airlines .
2) If intend to travel to East ... Japan/ South Korea ... better is JAL.
3) If want to travel to Bali/Vietnam/ Singapore ... Kris Flyer shall be better option. If intend to travel to Thailand , Thai Airways better.
Other options are Simple... Transfer to ALL ( Accor) , as one gets better value staying in ALL hotels.
For domestic travellers in India , ITC shall be better option.

lucknowrox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Though my knowledge is very limited but read somewhere that domestic Accor options are limited in comparison to ITC/Mariott. Currently I'm looking only at domestic since I have no international trip planned for atleast 6 months. Domestic hotel redemption looks like a simpler option to utilize the points.

harshar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
The best answer would be Accor, only down side to Accor is that the validity of the point is 1 year apart from that the value it give is unbelievable, I have transferred considerable amount of points to Accor and used it wisely in staying leading properties like Pullman, Novotel, Mercury etc in various cities like Paris, Geneva, Helsinki etc.

The converstion rate is very simple, every 2000 Accor live limitless points is equivalent to 3550 Rupees, for eg if you have 50000 points in your Accor live limitless account then it is worth, 50000/2000 = 25, 25*3550 = 88750 Rupees.

The best thing is, redemption is very easy, you just select the property from their app, select the type of room, upon reaching the payment page there is an option which you can select which says 'pay using points' and you are done.
Its soft expiry, you can always transfer like 500 points at 5:1 to increase validity by a year.

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'd rather use them to fly, flights usually are within the same price range unlike for hotels where you can find anything for 3k or 30k any time anywhere.
Unless you're someone who likes and would spend on expensive properties whenever they travel.

hrishig

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Have little less than 5 lkh points . It's hotels + flights for me

hotels->ITC-> Marriot ( Stay for 4 nights get 5th night free) . Marriot platinum 90% of time provides suite upgrades.
Airline-> United ( no points expiry + no fuel surcharge , so no pressure for redumption)