• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Suggestions to utilize Reward Points accumulated before 5:2 devaluation (1Lac Points+)

lucknowrox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

As the thread title suggests I have accumulated around 1 Lac + points in the ER portal and expecting to receive the monthly bonus for April by July end. Now the inherent reaction looking at the upcoming devaluation is to immediately convert the points to a suitable Miles/Hotel FFP.

I was looking at first converting to ITC green points (75K points to 60K GP's) since that provides me the flexibility to further transfer it to Mariott Bonvoy points. Beyond I will have around 60-70K points leftover which I am confused about what to do. I was looking at the Accor conversions as well but somehow I'm unable to get a hang of their program and where to utilize the points.

I guess many of the fellow members must be facing a similar dilemma therefore any suggestions will be more than welcome.

Thanks

Last edited:

Shadow747

TF Buzz
Airline/ Hotel partners have processes that check the sender and receiver Name to match its the same person that is transferring the points (Singapore airlines blocks your account if they find out transfer came from someone else). The way around in case of airlines is creating a nominee and booking for them on your account, but don't do this too many times else your account comes in the eye of audit and then relationship proof maybe asked.

gurbina

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Airline/ Hotel partners have processes that check the sender and receiver Name to match its the same person that is transferring the points (Singapore airlines blocks your account if they find out transfer came from someone else). The way around in case of airlines is creating a nominee and booking for them on your account, but don't do this too many times else your account comes in the eye of audit and then relationship proof maybe asked.
And I have a feeling they started checking the recipient of the programs against the the credit card holder as they are no longer instant and require 1-2 days to get processed. And judging by the timeline and time at which I received emails regarding the points transfers, it seems to be done or approved by someone now.

Hisoka

TF Ace
I’ve around 80k points plus 25k for April receiving this month end. I only travel domestic so usually transfer my points in Club Vistara. Will it make sense to transfer all my points to Vistara?

We might go to an international trip with my family but not sure. Can I transfer it to United and from there if I feel transfer it to Krisflyer or Vistara?

Will transfer rate be the same from United?

Isnt Accor a good choice? Even apart from being a good hotel option to park ERs. It also can be used to transfer those points at later point of time to few of the airlines at the same ratio as Axis would. Kicking the can down the road - to give a year decide where to transfer miles eventually - to which airline partner. Am i missing something?

Shadow747

TF Buzz
I’ve around 80k points plus 25k for April receiving this month end. I only travel domestic so usually transfer my points in Club Vistara. Will it make sense to transfer all my points to Vistara?

We might go to an international trip with my family but not sure. Can I transfer it to United and from there if I feel transfer it to Krisflyer or Vistara?

Will transfer rate be the same from United?
United devaluated their chart few months back and singapore airlines availability of business and first class on united is pretty poor. Run dummy searches of the routes you would take and then decide if united transfer is best. Also united miles account cannot be transferred to sia or vistara. Positive for united is their miles never expire.

kapsshah42

TF Buzz
United devaluated their chart few months back and singapore airlines availability of business and first class on united is pretty poor. Run dummy searches of the routes you would take and then decide if united transfer is best. Also united miles account cannot be transferred to sia or vistara. Positive for united is their miles never expire.
Wanted opinion about whether to go for United mileageplus or Aeroplan.Both are Star Alliance partners but availability options for Aeroplan seem to be better than United as they have options for Etihad and emirates redemption as well (even though very limited).Also for AI redemption United just shows options from Del where as Aeroplan has direct flights from Mumbai.Is there anything I am missing?

Dragon_slayer

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I transferred 300 edge points to accor, but I dont see it credited on accor yet while on axis it shows processed. What could be the issue here? Is it because 300 points are too less? Doing a test transaction, as I linked accor for first time

RewardsHunter

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Been searching for most optimal place to park my points from Magnus as well 😝.

For airlines, wouldn't Turkish be the best option for redeeming on Star Alliance? Hence I was thinking of moving some points to Turkish and some to Marriott through ITC.

Shadow747

TF Buzz
Wanted opinion about whether to go for United mileageplus or Aeroplan.Both are Star Alliance partners but availability options for Aeroplan seem to be better than United as they have options for Etihad and emirates redemption as well (even though very limited).Also for AI redemption United just shows options from Del where as Aeroplan has direct flights from Mumbai.Is there anything I am missing?
Have checked aeroplan from quite a while but they are not displaying anything on their website to/from India. You would have to go the phone route to book through them by searching the individual partner routes. You can check first by calling and seeing how it works for you. If you can do it, aeroplan can work for you. United only positive is miles dont expire. My option is if you don't have immediate use of USA based programs don't transfer as those guys get huge signup bonuses and dynamic awards have not left much value. You would have to think routes you will travel to and make decision on that by looking at best value factor.

kapsshah42

TF Buzz
Have checked aeroplan from quite a while but they are not displaying anything on their website to/from India. You would have to go the phone route to book through them by searching the individual partner routes. You can check first by calling and seeing how it works for you. If you can do it, aeroplan can work for you. United only positive is miles dont expire. My option is if you don't have immediate use of USA based programs don't transfer as those guys get huge signup bonuses and dynamic awards have not left much value. You would have to think routes you will travel to and make decision on that by looking at best value factor.
I am able to see options from India to North America on the portal and as per online data all other sectors are available for redemption over the call and there is no India call centre for this so have to call abroad. However your suggestion is the best to transfer as and when required but what if there is a devaluation in the transfer ratio.Will have to park the points before that so where do I park is the question.

Shadow747

TF Buzz
I am able to see options from India to North America on the portal and as per online data all other sectors are available for redemption over the call and there is no India call centre for this so have to call abroad. However your suggestion is the best to transfer as and when required but what if there is a devaluation in the transfer ratio.Will have to park the points before that so where do I park is the question.
If you would be travelling to North America then Aeroplan makes sense but also look at Privilege Club as Avios can be transferred freely between British Airways, Qatar Airways, Aer Lingus and Iberia. Plus if you are looking for adventure :) You can get (Qatar gold {Oneworld sapphire} + 20k avios) or 55k avios points if you take newly launched indus ind avios card in first year.