• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Suggestions to utilize Reward Points accumulated before 5:2 devaluation (1Lac Points+)

lucknowrox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

As the thread title suggests I have accumulated around 1 Lac + points in the ER portal and expecting to receive the monthly bonus for April by July end. Now the inherent reaction looking at the upcoming devaluation is to immediately convert the points to a suitable Miles/Hotel FFP.

I was looking at first converting to ITC green points (75K points to 60K GP's) since that provides me the flexibility to further transfer it to Mariott Bonvoy points. Beyond I will have around 60-70K points leftover which I am confused about what to do. I was looking at the Accor conversions as well but somehow I'm unable to get a hang of their program and where to utilize the points.

I guess many of the fellow members must be facing a similar dilemma therefore any suggestions will be more than welcome.

Thanks

Last edited:

Shadow747

TF Buzz
I have 1 lakh points, should I get Amazon gift card worth 20K or should I transfer to hotel and flight partners ? Which is the best transfer ?
Amazon option will stay at same value. Its the hotel and airline partners that are bearing the brunt of devaluation. If you travel or plan to travel this year, transfer to hotel/airlines.

Reactions: tnk

kej

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I came to know that United very rarely show AirIndia flights.
And I read that there's a phantom availability issue with Vistara in UA, where it will show the seats available but the booking doesn't go through.

Is anyone having a better insight on UA?

hrishig

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I came to know that United very rarely show AirIndia flights.
And I read that there's a phantom availability issue with Vistara in UA, where it will show the seats available but the booking doesn't go through.

Is anyone having a better insight on UA?
No way. I used Air India for multiple international flights during family trips and few redemptions were done on united and other seats were Air India FF ( May 2023). Have not seen any problem.

CCUser_1999

TF Premier
The best answer would be Accor, only down side to Accor is that the validity of the point is 1 year apart from that the value it give is unbelievable, I have transferred considerable amount of points to Accor and used it wisely in staying leading properties like Pullman, Novotel, Mercury etc in various cities like Paris, Geneva, Helsinki etc.

The converstion rate is very simple, every 2000 Accor live limitless points is equivalent to 3550 Rupees, for eg if you have 50000 points in your Accor live limitless account then it is worth, 50000/2000 = 25, 25*3550 = 88750 Rupees.

The best thing is, redemption is very easy, you just select the property from their app, select the type of room, upon reaching the payment page there is an option which you can select which says 'pay using points' and you are done.
1 year is from last stay. If you stay in between 1 year (even for a day), the clock resets for all points. Good strategy could be to plan a stay in some cheap hotel (like IBIS) every 11 months.

rohitb

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
The best answer would be Accor, only down side to Accor is that the validity of the point is 1 year apart from that the value it give is unbelievable, I have transferred considerable amount of points to Accor and used it wisely in staying leading properties like Pullman, Novotel, Mercury etc in various cities like Paris, Geneva, Helsinki etc.

The converstion rate is very simple, every 2000 Accor live limitless points is equivalent to 3550 Rupees, for eg if you have 50000 points in your Accor live limitless account then it is worth, 50000/2000 = 25, 25*3550 = 88750 Rupees.

The best thing is, redemption is very easy, you just select the property from their app, select the type of room, upon reaching the payment page there is an option which you can select which says 'pay using points' and you are done.
Is validity 1 year or 1 year of inactivity ? (As in any activity in account will push validity forward)

rohitb

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
1 year is from last stay. If you stay in between 1 year (even for a day), the clock resets for all points. Good strategy could be to plan a stay in some cheap hotel (like IBIS) every 11 months.
You don't even have to stay. It has to be some activity in account. You can transfer some minimal points to push expiry.

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You don't even have to stay. It has to be some activity in account. You can transfer some minimal points to push expiry.
Can we check the points needed for specific properties in advance or how does it work? Will I need the Accor Plus subscription? I have never used Accor before that's why I have no idea about how it works.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Can we check the points needed for specific properties in advance or how does it work? Will I need the Accor Plus subscription? I have never used Accor before that's why I have no idea about how it works.
For 2000 points you can get 3600 INR. So if the hotel room costs 3700+ GST, you need you pay 2000 points + 100 INR + GST

@Wealth is my birth right! mentioned that you can pay GST too via points (multiples of 2000 or 1000, if the hotel allows)

rohitb

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
It's points have fixed worth 2k points = 40 euro. You can pay while booking , even offline at hotel as well (from what I have heard)

gurbina

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I HAVE 180000 POINT & MY FRIEND HAVE 460000 POINT. I PALNIG FOR ACCOR & HE IS PLANIG FOR SPICE JET. is spice jet good option or not in domestic?
Do you mind not using uppercase and spending a bit of effort typing? Nobody wants to see or reply to such low quality comments, if you couldn't spend a minute typing your comment, why would anyone spend a minute to reply?

No, Spicejet offers among the worst value in general.

navam

TF Premier
One approach on what to do with points in case you don't have immediate use is -
1. Spend sometime figuring out which card will you move your expenses to now ( e.g. infinia or amex plat travel etc)
2. Look at their transfer partners find common ones which you feel give you best value for their reward points
3. Pick one of the common ones so you can continue collecting without running into the issue of points being wasted as you don't have enough and can't add anymore, then you have to buy for money or go on pointless trips just to avoid having the points expire, it's a pain in the ass..

Sharing based on mistakes I've made in the past ;)