• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Reward points reversed

Axis Bank reversed about 1000 edge rewards on shopping at Shoppers stop. They haven't fixed it in 3 months. I've wasted hours to get this fixed, and they have even acknowledged that this is a mistake.

I am furious and probably gonna close all my axis accounts now. But I need some compensation for my time now.

Any tips on how to proceed?

Quantum

TF Premier
Axis Bank reversed about 1000 edge rewards on shopping at Shoppers stop. They haven't fixed it in 3 months. I've wasted hours to get this fixed, and they have even acknowledged that this is a mistake.

I am furious and probably gonna close all my axis accounts now. But I need some compensation for my time now.

Any tips on how to proceed?
RBI Ombudsman. https://cms.rbi.org.in/cms/indexpage.html#eng
Complain on RBI Ombudsman portal, attach all the email communication's PDF, and rewards documents, statement etc. as proof.

and they have even acknowledged that this is a mistake.
If this is captured in an email from Axis, then please attach this email's PDF to your RBI complaint.

I am furious and probably gonna close all my axis accounts now.
Don't. I can understand your frustration, but there is a way to deal with such banks. Don't you want Axes to cut its own leg?

Claim following:
1) Rewards.
2) Compensation sought for dispute.
3) Compensation sought for expenses incurred, harassment and mental anguish.
Explain the matter to RBI in a polite way, explain them point #2, #3 as well.
RBI will advise the back in your favor for sure.

I got Rs. 6000 from Axis/Citi as compensation for one of my credit cards by following this procedure.
After raising the complaint, if bank calls you to settle only for rewards, then don't settle ONLY for rewards.
Ask them to have this conversation via email. Assert that you would need compensation for the trouble they have caused to you.

Last edited:

Pho3nix

TF Buzz
Once you have received the compensation, closed all of your accounts & ended every relationship with A-$hit.Don't share your ordeal on social media.It is totally unacceptable for A-$hit to act with such high-handedness.More power to you brother.

I have registered a complaint with RBI ombudsman today.

I forgot to attach the reward points statement but did attach some emails received from Axis.

I did most of the conversations on a call so didn't have a lot of email proof.