• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Success Stories - IDFC Wealth

am322

TF Select
Hi All,

Wanted to share three IDFC Wealth CC success stories

Both applied through IDFC Website (No agent, nothing). Both got Wealth in first attempt.

My Brother (Hyderabad):

- Had IDFC Power+
- Closed a month ago
- Applied for Wealth with a different number a week ago.
- Salary input as more than 3 lakhs (less in actual)
- Card to Card - Used Amex Platinum Travel - Limit 6.8 Lakhs - less than a month old.
- only VKYC, no home or office visit.
- Card generated in 4-5 days.
- Limit 4 Lakhs

My Wife (Bengaluru):

- Had IDFC Power+
- Closed a month ago
- Applied for Wealth with a different number a 2nd Feb.
- Salary input as more than 3 lakhs (less in actual).
- Card to Card - Used ICICI Rubyx - Limit 7 Lakhs - a year old roughly.
- Card generated in 6 days.
- Limit 4 Lakhs

Myself (Bengaluru):

- Holding a Select CC - INR 4.2 Lakhs limit, 1 year old.
- My Salary - 1.4 Lakhs/month
- Best card I hold is Federal Celesta with 5 Lakhs limit.
- Requested for upgrade via various channels with salary slips and C4C/C2C - Twitter, email, PNO. Nothing worked.
- Spent 6 lakhs in last 6 months.
- Frustrated
- Raised a closure request on 11th Feb.
- Retention team (I believe) called and checked for reason. Told the whole story.
- She took request
- Card upgraded. I didn't even get notification. Got to know from Customer service when called for an update.
- Card delivered today

Last edited:

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
2022 - Rejected stating internal reasons , APAY limit 6 lakhs
2023 - Rejected stating internal reasons, Amex platinum 4 lakhs limit ; Rejected stating internal reasons APAY limit 6 lakhs
2024 - Approved , infinia C2C got 4 lakhs limit.

In all the above examples quoted income > 3 lakhs
cibil score bro?? infinia limit?

i am having Magnus with 15Llimit ... planning to close my idfc classic card and reapply .. any suggestions plz welcome

sjmajumder

TF Ace
Hi All,

Wanted to share three IDFC Wealth CC success stories

Both applied through IDFC Website (No agent, nothing). Both got Wealth in first attempt.

My Brother (Hyderabad):

- Had IDFC Power+
- Closed a month ago
- Applied for Wealth with a different number a week ago.
- Salary input as more than 3 lakhs (less in actual)
- Card to Card - Used Amex Platinum Travel - Limit 6.8 Lakhs - less than a month old.
- Card generated in 4-5 days.
- Limit 4 Lakhs

My Wife (Bengaluru):

- Had IDFC Power+
- Closed a month ago
- Applied for Wealth with a different number a 2nd Feb.
- Salary input as more than 3 lakhs (less in actual).
- Card to Card - Used ICICI Rubyx - Limit 7 Lakhs - a year old roughly.
- Card generated in 6 days.
- Limit 4 Lakhs

Myself (Bengaluru):

- Holding a Select CC - INR 4.2 Lakhs limit, 1 year old.
- My Salary - 1.4 Lakhs/month
- Best card I hold is Federal Celesta with 5 Lakhs limit.
- Requested for upgrade via various channels with salary slips and C4C/C2C - Twitter, email, PNO. Nothing worked.
- Spent 6 lakhs in last 6 months.
- Frustrated
- Raised a closure request on 11th Feb.
- Retention team (I believe) called and checked for reason. Told the whole story.
- She took request
- Card upgraded. I didn't even get notification. Got to know from Customer service when called for an update.
- Card delivered today
How did you request for closure? By calling customer care or by email. If email please share the id.

shadow

TF Premier
I upgraded from Regalia (3.9CL) yesterday to Regalia gold (same limit). It's more than 3 years old card. It's still active rn till I get my gold delivered and activate it.

Should I try for wealth with regalia rn or with the new gold card?

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi folks,

On February 24th, I initiated closure request for my one-year-old IDFC Classic credit card (1L limit). I received call from CC on Feb 25th urging me to reconsider my request, requiring me to submit 3-month payslips/salary credit bank statement to banker@idfcfirstbank.com. Unfortunately, on Feb 28th, the CLI and Wealth upgrade request were denied. Promptly after the rejection, I submitted the closure request for the second time. On February 29th, I received another call from customer care agent, and I requested the closure of my card. She reconfirmed for the last time before processing the closure. Within couple of hours, I received an SMS confirmation of the successful closure of my card.

Thanks to the TF community, I reapplied on the same day using my second mobile number (following confirmation from @varun__goel_). The reapplication was conditionally approved with a 677,000 limit (no income proof/documents were required).
---
C2C - Axis 15L (choose AXIS Ace as Magnus was not available in the dropdown),
Salary Input - 3.1 L,
CIBIL 780
-----
March 2nd Timeline:
  1. Application Verification at 9:15 AM - I received a call from the IDFC representative for verification on my second number. (I couldn't answer as I was outside). Luckily, he called on my main number and confirmed details in the application (like DOB, Address, Phone Number etc). Immediately after reaching home, I called him from my second number, requesting no negative remarks about the application. He assured me that no such issues would occur (I have read in the TF community a few applications have been rejected due to negligence from verification guys).
  2. Credit Review at 4:52 PM - The reviewer called on my second number and asked for office details (my office is in Mumbai, and my home location is Hyderabad) i told it was WFH) & also asked about my Phone numbers (main and second)
  3. Card Generated at 7:17 PM - Upon logging into the IDFC app, I observed the virtual Wealth credit card generated alongside the Rupay card. (Luckily i could see credit card linked to my main number)
Once again, thanks to TF community, I could successfully get the Weatlh credit card.

runzone

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi folks,

On February 24th, I initiated closure request for my one-year-old IDFC Classic credit card (1L limit). I received call from CC on Feb 25th urging me to reconsider my request, requiring me to submit 3-month payslips/salary credit bank statement to banker@idfcfirstbank.com. Unfortunately, on Feb 28th, the CLI and Wealth upgrade request were denied. Promptly after the rejection, I submitted the closure request for the second time. On February 29th, I received another call from customer care agent, and I requested the closure of my card. She reconfirmed for the last time before processing the closure. Within couple of hours, I received an SMS confirmation of the successful closure of my card.

Thanks to the TF community, I reapplied on the same day using my second mobile number (following confirmation from @varun__goel_). The reapplication was conditionally approved with a 677,000 limit (no income proof/documents were required).
---
Salary Input - 3.1 L,
CIBIL 780
-----
March 2nd Timeline:
  1. Application Verification at 9:15 AM - I received a call from the IDFC representative for verification on my second number. (I couldn't answer as I was outside). Luckily, he called on my main number and confirmed details in the application (like DOB, Address, Phone Number etc). Immediately after reaching home, I called him from my second number, requesting no negative remarks about the application. He assured me that no such issues would occur (I have read in the TF community a few applications have been rejected due to negligence from verification guys).
  2. Credit Review at 4:52 PM - The reviewer called on my second number and asked for office details (my office is in Mumbai, and my home location is Hyderabad) i told it was WFH) & also asked about my Phone numbers (main and second)
  3. Card Generated at 7:17 PM - Upon logging into the IDFC app, I observed the virtual Wealth credit card generated alongside the Rupay card. (Luckily i could see credit card linked to my main number)
Once again, thanks to TF community, I could successfully get the Weatlh credit card.

What excuse do we give for 2 different mobile numbers?

Also which city?

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Hi folks,

---
Salary Input - 3.1 L,
CIBIL 780
-----
March 2nd Timeline:

Hope you used my referral🤣😝

shadow

TF Premier
I upgraded from Regalia (3.9CL) yesterday to Regalia gold (same limit). It's more than 3 years old card. It's still active rn till I get my gold delivered and activate it.

Should I try for wealth with regalia rn or with the new gold card?
I tried to apply but they offered me wow card lol. It's beyond my understanding lol.