• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Standards Chartered Ultimate Credit Card upgrade glitch patched

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Many people got ultimate upgrade while having less than 4 lakhs (floor limit for sc ultimate) limit on their existing credit card.
Steps was- apply for ultimate card on stanc website and authentic your old card by paying Rs 1.
But now you need minimum 4 lakh credit limit to upgrade to SC ultimate.
Sc ultimate.jpg

Amrish

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I had a couple of related questions. Might be a longish message, so thanks in advance for reading through and responding. First a little background :
I had a stanc platinum rewards card for about 10 years which I requested for closure in 2020. I got the confirmation for closure from the bank in Sept'20. Cibil shows card closed but with last reported date as Dec'21.
In 2020, I had also applied for the ultimate card through normal c2c route since I wasn't aware I could ask for upgrade of existing card. While the other bank statement that I had given had limit of about 15 lacs, it was rejected since limit on existing SCB card was low (I think about 1.1 lac).
Now the questions:
1. What does it mean if cibil shows last reported as Dec'21 when card was confirmed by bank as closed in sept'20
2. I was told at the time of c2c application that even if I close the previous card and apply afresh, they will look at my past limit for decision. For how long do they maintain this. If I apply now as c2c, will it be considered.
3. I don't have any other relationship with SCB. What's the best way to apply - direct online or through an agent

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
I had a couple of related questions. Might be a longish message, so thanks in advance for reading through and responding. First a little background :
I had a stanc platinum rewards card for about 10 years which I requested for closure in 2020. I got the confirmation for closure from the bank in Sept'20. Cibil shows card closed but with last reported date as Dec'21.
In 2020, I had also applied for the ultimate card through normal c2c route since I wasn't aware I could ask for upgrade of existing card. While the other bank statement that I had given had limit of about 15 lacs, it was rejected since limit on existing SCB card was low (I think about 1.1 lac).
Now the questions:
1. What does it mean if cibil shows last reported as Dec'21 when card was confirmed by bank as closed in sept'20
2. I was told at the time of c2c application that even if I close the previous card and apply afresh, they will look at my past limit for decision. For how long do they maintain this. If I apply now as c2c, will it be considered.
3. I don't have any other relationship with SCB. What's the best way to apply - direct online or through an agent
1. Yes, they can report after card close date
2. If you have a card, you can't apply using c2c method
3. Best option 🤔 c2c agent after closing all cards, otherwise you have to upgrade

Amrish

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
1. Yes, they can report after card close date
2. If you have a card, you can't apply using c2c method
3. Best option 🤔 c2c agent after closing all cards, otherwise you have to upgrade
Thanks. This is helpful.
By question 2, I meant can I apply c2c now since the card has been closed for 18 months or so. And if I do, will bank look at the old cards limit or consider it as a fresh application. Any contact of an agent to get this through.

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Thanks. This is helpful.
By question 2, I meant can I apply c2c now since the card has been closed for 18 months or so. And if I do, will bank look at the old cards limit or consider it as a fresh application. Any contact of an agent to get this through.
You can apply again using c2c method if you don't have any card with sc right now.
They might look at your old limit... but most probably you will get ultimate id you have 4L + limit on your other bank card

pacman

TF Buzz
hi guys i already have a ulimitate credit card how can i apply for second card smart digi as not able to click on terms and conditions options is this a website bug or anything ?

Attachments

• scweb.jpg
    scweb.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 20

rahulmr

TF Select
VIP Lounge
hi have beeing trying from almost a week and used all chrome ,firefox,ie, opera br owsers as well on mobile as well not getting the option it seems thay have disabled or can you please confirm or its only for me
It’s not website problem . Open the link near the checkboxes ( in green color) and scroll to the bottom and close it and checkbox becomes enabled. This is a bad design though

Ashish

TF Buzz
Many people got ultimate upgrade while having less than 4 lakhs (floor limit for sc ultimate) limit on their existing credit card.
Steps was- apply for ultimate card on stanc website and authentic your old card by paying Rs 1.
But now you need minimum 4 lakh credit limit to upgrade to SC ultimate.
Sc ultimate.jpg has sc started issuing ultimate card agaun?

reddyb

TF Buzz
Now the questions:
I have closed my stanchart card in 2020 and they have updated in cibil on mar 2021. Now last week I have applied ultimate on c2c and video kyc completed on next day . So far no further update . Not sure how to check the application status .