• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Standard Chartered Ultimate Upgrade from Super Value Titanium Still Worth It?

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
I received an upgrade offer call from Standard Chartered from my Super Value Titanium to SC Ultimate. Prior to March, it would have been a no-brainer, but after the devaluation, I am not sure. I don't have any other fuel card, and I prefer the simplicity of Titanium that gives you cashback on any fuel station unlike co-branded cards that are brand specific. Since this is an upgrade, I don't have the option to keep Titanium alive, will have to apply again and all that hassle.
My second concern on upgrade is about the availability of brand vouchers. Amazon and Flipkart aren't available for long I understand, and even many other popular options seem to have disappeared. What are the usual vouchers that Ultimate users go for recently?
My 3rd issue is that the international lounge access is conditional on monthly spends of 20000. On a card of its fees, is that worth it? Is the RS 5000 fee worth for the card any more?
Among others, I have Flipkart Axis, ICICI Amazon Pay, HDFC Millennia and Tata Neu Infinity, IndusInd Legend in my collection of cards. I spend more online than offline, perhaps to a 75-25 proportion. Is there any other factor I should consider? Is the upgrade still worth it?

Last edited:

lucifer

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I received an upgrade offer call from Standard Chartered from my Super Value Titanium to SC Ultimate. Prior to March, it would have been a no-brainer, but after the devaluation, I am not sure. I don't have any other fuel card, and I prefer the simplicity of Titanium that gives you cashback on any fuel station unlike co-branded cards that are brand specific. Since this is an upgrade, I don't have the option to keep Titanium alive, will have to apply again and all that hassle.
My second concern on upgrade is about the availability of brand vouchers. Amazon and Flipkart aren't available for long I understand, and even many other popular options seem to have disappeared. What are the usual vouchers that Ultimate users go for recently?
My 3rd issue is that the international lounge access is conditional on monthly spends of 20000. On a card of its fees, is that worth it? Is the RS 5000 fee worth for the card any more?
Among others, I have Flipkart Axis, ICICI Amazon Pay, HDFC Millennia and Tata Neu Infinity, IndusInd Legend in my collection of cards. I spend more online than offline, perhaps to a 75-25 proportion. Is there any other factor I should consider? Is the upgrade still worth it?
I think you can keep both cards if you ask for it. I have both and actually 4 SCB cards

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
well paying the fees is worth it because you get 6k points and while redemption 1 point is equal to 1 rs for ultimate
and they problem regarding keeping titanium
go to your nearby branch and ask them for an add on card and request them to keep it as titanium card while you the primary card is ultimate card.
since the points are credited on a individual level they will agree to this and i was asked whether i wanted a different card when i wanted an ultimate add on

bitsst

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had ultimate card for like 5 years. Closed some 2 weeks back.

Primary reasons:

1. No more flat 3.3% reward rate.
2. Rewards Portal is now a junk yard.
3. Spend linked lounge access.

IMHO, no use upgrading.

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
well paying the fees is worth it because you get 6k points and while redemption 1 point is equal to 1 rs for ultimate
and they problem regarding keeping titanium
go to your nearby branch and ask them for an add on card and request them to keep it as titanium card while you the primary card is ultimate card.
since the points are credited on a individual level they will agree to this and i was asked whether i wanted a different card when i wanted an ultimate add on
So it'll be the Titanium features that would work for the addon card? Reward points, cashbacks and everything?
Do they charge for an addon card?

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
I had ultimate card for like 5 years. Closed some 2 weeks back.

Primary reasons:

1. No more flat 3.3% reward rate.
2. Rewards Portal is now a junk yard.
3. Spend linked lounge access.

IMHO, no use upgrading.

I have similar concerns. Don't mind the spend condition on international lounge access as I don't travel international that extensive and I have a couple of backup options. But it is not something that should be there on a card charging 5000.
More than insurance or rent, they taking away fuel reward points is actually the biggest factor for me in not being sure about the upgrade, a 2 percent return on fuel after the surcharge would have been worth it.

shuperman

TF Select
VIP Lounge
it is like buying vistara points
vistara points are different from CV points? if yes, does that mean we can book only award flights with those vouchers? I thought they are just gift vouchers which is a payment method instead of cash.. rest all same.. please clarify
1689057259100.png
Also can someone explain what is group travel here? does that mean I alone should travel instead of family? :D

Attachments

• 1689057173136.png
    1689057173136.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Gautham

TF Premier
what's your credit limit in the current card?

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
never tried it so have no idea
but indivduals means as a person only travel agents wont be allowed others you can travel as a family by redeeming this points
vistara points are different from CV points? if yes, does that mean we can book only award flights with those vouchers? I thought they are just gift vouchers which is a payment method instead of cash.. rest all same.. please clarify
1689057259100.png
Also can someone explain what is group travel here? does that mean I alone should travel instead of family? :D

helloworld

TF Legend
@maheshspanicker - just apply ultimate by selecting existing customer and 1rs. verification. Your card approved and delivered in 5 days.

Note: Ultimate can be applied only if existing card has >4L limit which you have and easy process.

And keep both cards and decide during renewal, what to do with them.

Reward options same as titanium, login to 360 portal with your card and see available options - same for ultimate just point value changes.

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
@maheshspanicker - just apply ultimate by selecting existing customer and 1rs. verification. Your card approved and delivered in 5 days.

Note: Ultimate can be applied only if existing card has >4L limit which you have and easy process.

And keep both cards and decide during renewal, what to do with them.

Reward options same as titanium, login to 360 portal with your card and see available options - same for ultimate just point value changes.

I redeemed my 3000+ reward points for Titanium to also see the options. After that has No more doubts on going for Ultimate, not worth it for me. The voucher options are so limited, that you are very likely not to get the 3.33 value at times. One of the worst reward portals I have ever come across. Even if you don't have Amazon and Flipkart, They should make available options relatable to people's everyday spends. Big Basket used to be there when I checked a few months ago, not any more. No Swiggy, Zomato... Couldn't even find Yatra or MMT. Eventually settled for 2000 Uber voucher.

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
with annual and redemption fee?
For cashback redemption, there are no charges. The card has a waver point of 90000. Usually, for fuel itself I would use it for close to 50000. Then some utility bill payments and some more spends would see me through...
Ultimate has no fee waver options, and I just can't find any value in their redemption options. Unless they can provide more general and more widely used option, I don't see how the 3.3 percent can mean much...