• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query: Standard Chartered Upgrade Offer !

fageriaji

TF Premier
Hello folks!
I got an upgrade offer on my exciting SC Smart credit card and Super Value titanium credit card after a long time.
The CCE told me that I am eligible to upgrade any of my card to new one:
1. EasyMy Trip Credit Card
2. Rewards Credit Card (not platinum rewards)

I did not received any LE offer in last 2 years. Earlier got 3 LE in every 6 month.
Should I upgrade to any of my credit card to any new card ?

Please suggest.

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
Neither card seem particularly appealing. EMT isn't that rewarding on the EMT site even! The other card doesn't seem to reward that much either, and in any case, with SCB, its better to stick to a cashback card as their reward portal is one of the worst in the country! Smart is one of their decent cards in terms of returns, while Super Value Titanium is a handy fuel card that is not fuel provider restricted. Unless you have specific spends significant enough, prhaps its beter to hold on to what you already have.

rogerthat

TF Ace
Hello folks!
I got an upgrade offer on my exciting SC Smart credit card and Super Value titanium credit card after a long time.

I did not received any LE offer in last 2 years. Earlier got 3 LE in every 6 month.

Please suggest.
Considering from Smart both these cards are not an upgrade but a downgrade. I would keep the Smart if I were you. It is the best no-headache, no complications cashback card in the country. I hold it and I love it!

The only thing I can think of is EMT card is currently the cheapest card that offers free international lounge access for add-on cards (2 per quarter for each). Take it if you fancy that option. You don't have to upgrade but apply for it using Re.1 authentication on the SCB website.

fageriaji

TF Premier
Hello folks!

Please suggest.
Currently I am using Smart card for 2% cb on online transaction only...
And SVT for 5% CB on fuel.
That's it...
SVT is also used to reach the milestone for waiver of annual fee.

Is there any way to get SVT lifetime free ?

fageriaji

TF Premier
Considering from Smart both these cards are not an upgrade but a downgrade. I would keep the Smart if I were you. It is the best no-headache, no complications cashback card in the country. I hold it and I love it!

The only thing I can think of is EMT card is currently the cheapest card that offers free international lounge access for add-on cards (2 per quarter for each). Take it if you fancy that option. You don't have to upgrade but apply for it using Re.1 authentication on the SCB website.
I was thinking to upgrade to get some LE as it currently has lowest credit limit 1.2L
All of my other card have more then 2.5 to 3.2L limit.
But now it's ok to keep both card as it is.

rogerthat

TF Ace
Currently I am using Smart card for 2% cb on online transaction only...
And SVT for 5% CB on fuel.
That's it...
SVT is also used to reach the milestone for waiver of annual fee.

Is there any way to get SVT lifetime free ?
Not that I know of... I used to hold it once upon a time. Now I use BPCL for fuel.

cardio_guy

TF Ace

Is smart credit card LTF?

Riya

TF Ace
Hello folks!

Please suggest.
push them for SC Ultimate.... that's probably the only SC card with considerable reward ratio.... even a paid version is good