• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

SC Ultimate (Standard Chartered Ultimate) Upgrade Suggestion

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello!!!

Recently I have been receiving calls to upgrade my Manhattan Card to Ultimate card. My Manhattan card is free and the Ultimate would cost Rs. 5000 plus taxes every year. Here they are offering 5000 reward points on every renewal without any conditions. So effectively the card costs me Rs. 900 approx. Now my query is should I go for it? Right now I have decent number of cards. Don't have too much utility expenses. Use my Infinia for offline shopping and SBI Cashback for Online. Please suggest if it's worth to pay fee for SC Ultimate?

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
I never expected such a big international bank will try to sell a credit card with false promises. That is where I lost the trust
Issues is with not SC it;s with third part vendors
Even we have bigger issue with HSBC also

In past we had with amex but after RBI they are now perfect

Desu Sarath

TF Premier
Issues is with not SC it;s with third part vendors
Even we have bigger issue with HSBC also

In past we had with amex but after RBI they are now perfect
The problem is not with Vendors , it's with bank itself.

For sure many would have complained about their third party sales team, but still they are continuing with them.

When I sent call recordings about the false promises their sales team did, they told they couldn't verify whether they are authentic or not, and they are not able to reach numbers I provided.

I was like, how on earth a bank couldn't find that. These sales people are working for them.

Its like they are defending their sales team, which is worst in my opinion.

You shouldn't call your self as international bank when you are doing this.

Animal

TF Premier
I didn’t even ask for any retention offer. After having Infinia + IDFC Wealth combo, Ultimate was not making sense anyway.

Apart from this I was frustrated with pathetic redemption options. Had to redeem 16K points for LP.

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
I didn’t even ask for any retention offer. After having Infinia + IDFC Wealth combo, Ultimate was not making sense anyway.

Apart from this I was frustrated with pathetic redemption options. Had to redeem 16K points for LP.
Hope one day even my DCB get;s upgraded to Infinia and can keep only one card from SC