• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Standard Chartered Ultimate Upgrade from Super Value Titanium Still Worth It?

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
I received an upgrade offer call from Standard Chartered from my Super Value Titanium to SC Ultimate. Prior to March, it would have been a no-brainer, but after the devaluation, I am not sure. I don't have any other fuel card, and I prefer the simplicity of Titanium that gives you cashback on any fuel station unlike co-branded cards that are brand specific. Since this is an upgrade, I don't have the option to keep Titanium alive, will have to apply again and all that hassle.
My second concern on upgrade is about the availability of brand vouchers. Amazon and Flipkart aren't available for long I understand, and even many other popular options seem to have disappeared. What are the usual vouchers that Ultimate users go for recently?
My 3rd issue is that the international lounge access is conditional on monthly spends of 20000. On a card of its fees, is that worth it? Is the RS 5000 fee worth for the card any more?
Among others, I have Flipkart Axis, ICICI Amazon Pay, HDFC Millennia and Tata Neu Infinity, IndusInd Legend in my collection of cards. I spend more online than offline, perhaps to a 75-25 proportion. Is there any other factor I should consider? Is the upgrade still worth it?

Last edited:

opsnk

TF Buzz
Vouchers change from time to time. Right now they aren't that great but using points on firstcry vouchers as i have infants at home.
Also for BMS 50% offer on visa infinite variant.

maheshspanicker

TF Premier
Vouchers change from time to time. Right now they aren't that great but using points on firstcry vouchers as i have infants at home.
Also for BMS 50% offer on visa infinite variant.

The reward points are not the never expiring kind like that of Amex and IDFC. There is a validity period. 3 years? That's what it is for Titanium... And then if you don't have vouchers that are half worth it, then there is no point to the 3.3 percent thing. When I looked the last time, it was really really bad.

Rashya

TF Select
Hi all,

I applied for SCB super value titanium credit card online and it shows that my application is approved in principal. Application ID has also been displayed.

Now what is the next step?

Attachments

• 82ab2db5-ffc1-4b7b-a732-f62d4d4149d1.jpeg
    82ab2db5-ffc1-4b7b-a732-f62d4d4149d1.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 2

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi all,

I applied for SCB super value titanium credit card online and it shows that my application is approved in principal. Application ID has also been displayed.

Now what is the next step?
wait.. they will communicate if vkyc is required.. or any other docs.. can take upto a week with scb

Rashya

TF Select
wait.. they will communicate if vkyc is required.. or any other docs.. can take upto a week with scb
Finally they have informed me that my application is rejected mentioning reason as employer is non-listed company and asked me to apply after 6months, even though my cibil is above 780.

Does the employer should be a listed company to get SC credit cards?

What is the eligibility criteria?

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Finally they have informed me that my application is rejected mentioning reason as employer is non-listed company and asked me to apply after 6months, even though my cibil is above 780.

Does the employer should be a listed company to get SC credit cards?

What is the eligibility criteria?
only bank knows... employer is a big criteria.. Income / CIBIL / Leverage / Address / Employer / Fraud, Hunter check / Education ( sometimes), Documentation - These are usually the criteria