• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Seeking Advice: Maximizing Credit Card Miles for Thailand Trip

I am relatively new to the credit card game and received my Magnus card a few months ago.
I am planning to visit Thailand this month with a friend. Initially, we were planning to pay for the trip in cash, but I recently received my March milestone points, and my existing Edge balance now stands at 42k (which I know is relatively low).

I thought about utilizing these miles to book either a one-way flight or a hotel. After checking some online sites for point requirements, I got an approximate idea that I can redeem 40k miles, along with taxes, for two economy one-way tickets. However, I'm not entirely sure as this information seems indicative, and I am not an expert in searching for award seats.

Another option I considered was converting all my balance to Accor points and using them to book economy hotels like Ibis, as it could offer good value for money.

Could someone please guide me on how to best utilize these miles for my trip?

Additionally, I would like to know if there is a paid assistance service available for booking award flights that a newbie like me can utilize. If anyone has any references or suggestions in this regard, please let me know.

Thank you in advance!

sxchzy

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
I am relatively new to the credit card game and received my Magnus card a few months ago.
I am planning to visit Thailand this month with a friend. Initially, we were planning to pay for the trip in cash, but I recently received my March milestone points, and my existing Edge balance now stands at 42k (which I know is relatively low).

I thought about utilizing these miles to book either a one-way flight or a hotel. After checking some online sites for point requirements, I got an approximate idea that I can redeem 40k miles, along with taxes, for two economy one-way tickets. However, I'm not entirely sure as this information seems indicative, and I am not an expert in searching for award seats.

Another option I considered was converting all my balance to Accor points and using them to book economy hotels like Ibis, as it could offer good value for money.

Could someone please guide me on how to best utilize these miles for my trip?

Additionally, I would like to know if there is a paid assistance service available for booking award flights that a newbie like me can utilize. If anyone has any references or suggestions in this regard, please let me know.

Thank you in advance!
Dm