• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Scapia drastically reducing credit limit.

anotheruser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
According to Moneycontrol article:

"The credit card startup has received notification from its banking partner Federal Bank to bring down the credit limits by up to 70-80% for inactive users or users who have made infrequent transactions. Maybe around 150-200 users so far might have gotten impacted due to the move and this is done only for users who have not even touched their cards or used at least 10% of the limit," A source close to the development said.

150-200 lol.
There app still shows message like "High chat volume".

telescope

TF Ace

"The credit card startup has received notification from its banking partner Federal Bank to bring down the credit limits by up to 70-80% for inactive users or users who have made infrequent transactions. Maybe around 150-200 users so far might have gotten impacted due to the move and this is done only for users who have not even touched their cards or used at least 10% of the limit," A source close to the development said.

These news portals write just for the sake of writing an article. All bakwas news without any head or tail just in the name of imaginary "source".

VicksJ

TF Select

150-200 users will not have any concern for a bank. And it's not 70-80% reduction but upto 98%. It is much bigger chunk. They are just trying to save their face now by these paid articles

Last edited:

VicksJ

TF Select
Don't blame them. Blame the system. These people are pressurized to churn up 15-20 articles a day or their bonuses would be affected. This is why quality of journalism has gone down in the recent days.
Maybe around 150-200 users so far might have gotten impacted

Yeah may be and might in same sentence. Gotten impacted or might be/have been impacted 🥴 They don't even proof read it

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yeh Scapia wale pehle adhe logo ka card application reject kya high credit utlisation aur high cibil enquiry bol ke.

abhi jinko card diya unka credit limit 95℅ tak decrease kar diya low credit utilisation bol ke.... So my questions is that ki......

Yeh scapia waale kaunsa maal phunkh rahe hain ?????? 😂😂

sahildca

TF Premier
abhi jinko card diya unka credit limit 95℅ tak decrease kar diya low credit utilisation bol ke.... So my questions is that ki......Yeh scapia waale kaunsa maal phunkh rahe hain ?????? 😂😂

Cibil ne kaha credit utilisation below 30% rakho
Scapia kahta hai credit utilisation 30% se badhaao
aur Federal Bank ke order se scapia ne tou direct Credit limit hi neeche kar di

ab maal federal bank ne phunka hai ya scapia ne pata nahi.

sahildca

TF Premier
Maybe around 150-200 users so far might have gotten impacted due to the move and this is done only for users who have not even touched their cards or used at least 10% of the limit," A source close to the development said.
correction
Maybe around 150-200 users so far might have gotten spared due to this move and this credit limit reduction is done for all users and also for who have not even touched their new first month statement "

source : Unknown 🤣

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Cibil ne kaha credit utilisation below 30% rakho
Scapia kahta hai credit utilisation 30% se badhaao
aur Federal Bank ke order se scapia ne tou direct Credit limit hi neeche kar di

ab maal federal bank ne phunka hai ya scapia ne pata nahi.
Scapia hi phukh rahe hai re baba & this entire fiasco proves their algo was flawed ... Period.

They rejected people JUST for having more than 4-5 CIBIL hits in 6 months and/or higher CU ratio, which is NONSENSE ...

Say someone with a salary of 1L Per Month (12L PA) has a total credit exposure of 2L & was using 90% of that limit (1,80,000) it did not make sense to reject them just for that, which they did ... Amount of Credit Exposure is more important than CUR itself ! This is what banks abroad also take in to their algo before assigning a limit or approving a card !! Scapia should have asked for supporting docs or put applications for Manual Review in such cases instead of instantly rejecting them.

Also, Ironically the reason Scapia gave for cutting down people's credit limit without informing them was to safeguard themselves from "reckless usage of the limit", which translates to exposure issue more than Utilisation Ratio issue, which makes absolute sense. Think of it like this, I have a loaded gun & just coz I have not used it till now does not mean I will not recklessly use it in the future ..

Now, tell me this, having a total credit exposure 40L with 2% utilisation ratio & a monthly salary of 1L is more risky for a bank or having a 1L salary with total credit exposure of 2L with even 99% utilisation ratio is more risky ? People with NO income & NO income proof are getting high limits on C2C basis, which is ridiculous ! RBI increased the Risk weightage Points just for this madness & the subsequent increase in NPAs because of it ..

Maal toh scapia waale ae phukh rahe the !

Last edited:

manzparty

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Something which I need to confirm before I go ahead and close Scapia, I heard if I close any of Federal Bank card, it's not possible to get another Federal Bank card ever.

Also, in case it is possible what is the cool down period and most important are Federal Bank cards offering any value😬

CD.

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
maybe
As I was repeatedly mentioning in TF forum - in various threads - non-bankers are running these operations with ZERO knowledge of these banking products n operations. BTech n MBAs - however good they may be - can never replace true-bankers. More so, in banking product design, operations and compliance.

More than a dozen fintech card issuing firms have launched their products - CCs n Loans n Deposits - without much understanding.

Already some are on the verge of extinction. By mid-2024, I expect many more will be vanishing.
end game is an IPO exit. baki ye sab business to bahane hai

CD.

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Scapia hi phukh rahe hai re baba & this entire fiasco proves their algo was flawed ... Period.

They rejected people JUST for having more than 4-5 CIBIL hits in 6 months and/or higher CU ratio, which is NONSENSE ...

Say someone with a salary of 1L Per Month (12L PA) has a total credit exposure of 2L & was using 90% of that limit (1,80,000) it did not make sense to reject them just for that, which they did ... Amount of Credit Exposure is more important than CUR itself ! This is what banks abroad also take in to their algo before assigning a limit or approving a card !! Scapia should have asked for supporting docs or put applications for Manual Review in such cases instead of instantly rejecting them.

Also, Ironically the reason Scapia gave for cutting down people's credit limit without informing them was to safeguard themselves from "reckless usage of the limit", which translates to exposure issue more than Utilisation Ratio issue, which makes absolute sense. Think of it like this, I have a loaded gun & just coz I have not used it till now does not mean I will not recklessly use it in the future ..

Now, tell me this, having a total credit exposure 40L with 2% utilisation ratio & a monthly salary of 1L is more risky for a bank or having a 1L salary with total credit exposure of 2L with even 99% utilisation ratio is more risky ? People with NO income & NO income proof are getting high limits on C2C basis, which is ridiculous ! RBI introduced the Risk weightage Points just for this madness & the subsequent increase in NPAs because of it ..

Maal toh scapia waale ae phukh rahe the !
very true . RBI must have an overall cap on number of credit cards and overall limits vs ITR.

manzparty

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Finally Bomb Dropped !!

was offered 10L initially then revised to 20L

But this morning, checked around 7 am 93% reduction, 20L to 1.4 L a reduction of 97%

Now Srapia Scrapia will be a baggage I have to carry forever reminding me this reduction and can't cancel else Federal Bank will block me forever :(

Sad Krishna Chali London GIF by Bombay Softwares

Closed the Card !!

Sarcastic Sara Ali Khan GIF by Amazon miniTV